Nov 14, 2009, 02:07 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Discussion

HD camera shootout. Aiptek GO HD versus the older Aiptek 720p

IMHO the 720p is a better suited AV camera. Here are samples taken from the same plane.
First, the newer GO HD. The darned thing was spending most of it's time trying to focus.
(5 min 49 sec)

Next, an older 720p that I got for a song on ebay. Personally I think this camera is better because the focus is fixed. It's also quite a bit smaller and lighter.

(5 min 10 sec)

The GO HD is a good camera on the ground but doesn't fair as well in the air.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 15, 2009, 02:59 AM
Ozzie Express wiggy pilot
Hoi mate, do a search for 'Guga' he used the Action HD quite a few times (Marcus)

Ian
Nov 15, 2009, 08:29 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
I checked out the Action HD and I agree it is a better camera. At least it has higher resolution.
The reason I got the 720p off ebay is that it was really cheap. I've also got another 720p that has AV in like an mpvr. I got it for like thirty bucks used.
Maybe someday I'll move up a notch but for now at least, these fill the bill for me.
I'm giving my GO HD to my stepson for his birthday coming up in a couple of weeks.
Nov 15, 2009, 02:31 PM
your just an Ebay hound...............
Nov 15, 2009, 03:05 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Hey, how do ya think I manage to afford all these neat toys?
Nov 15, 2009, 03:44 PM
Not all Ebay toys are "neat" = junk.........
Nov 15, 2009, 04:25 PM
You could remove the autofucus/zoom lens from the go-hd and replace it with a standard 12mm security cam lens.
Nov 15, 2009, 04:44 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkcom
You could remove the autofucus/zoom lens from the go-hd and replace it with a standard 12mm security cam lens.
You might be able to but for thirty bucks I got the same thing and I didn't have to tear it apart
Nov 15, 2009, 04:48 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SON OF PALEFACE
Not all Ebay toys are "neat" = junk.........
That's why you check the feedback first. I can't think of more than one or two times I got stung on ebay. And that's out of over 500 purchases in the last eight years.
I customised the Harley I used to have and I did it all from ebay and saved probably 2/3 of what I would have had to pay anyone else.
Nov 15, 2009, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by randall1959
You might be able to but for thirty bucks I got the same thing and I didn't have to tear it apart
Not really. The security cam lens come in a nice variety of wide angles. Also the sensor portion of the Go-HD can be mounted on a pan/tilt while the A-HD can not.
Nov 15, 2009, 05:26 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
I have 2 planes that have 500 line ccd cameras with pan and tilt that feed into wireless downlinks. I got the 720p that has av in capability in case I want something that pans and tilts. I can just record the video on the ground. The one I have coming will record in HD.
Hacking the GO HD is a nice idea but I'm not very good at doing all the work that would go into it.
I figure my stepson will like it as an xmas gift

Quick Reply