Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Thread Tools
Old Nov 17, 2009, 12:06 PM
bighead93 is online now
Find More Posts by bighead93
Live to fly
bighead93's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTREME FLIGHT View Post
HS-65MGs all around, plenty of room for 14x7 prop.

Honestly dead, I would choose the airplane that appeals to you the most visually. They are both equally capable of anything you can throw at them. They are both very stable in upright and inverted harriers, basically coupling free in knife edge, tumble well and due to the long fuselage they track very well. Both also knife edge spin very well, rotating very fast around the wing tube. Wing area and loading is just right to give a "floaty" feel while still allowing crisp snap maneuvers. I feel you would be happy with either choice, so get the one that looks the coolest to you.
Or BOTH! I love the feel of the Extra EXP in the air...builds confidence fast!! Does everything awesome...I really can't find a single compliant! As soon as the Edge is ready for pre-order I am ready! Are you liking the 2814-820 or the 2818-900?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2009, 12:06 PM
EXTREME FLIGHT is online now
Find More Posts by EXTREME FLIGHT
EXTREME FLIGHT's Avatar
"not to hijack this tread but Chris could you maybe tease us with wat are some planes in 48'' and 58'' you have planed for us?"

Danny, we are in perpetual aircraft development, but I hate to mention anything too early. I have learned that it creates false delivery expectations, angers potential customers and causes a lot of frustration in general. Once we get a new aircraft ready for production and have completed testing and the factory has started burning wood I feel it is safe to introduce it to the public. Suffice it to say that 2010 will be full of exciting new airframes from Extreme Flight in many sizes including 48", 58", 70", 78", 88", 104", 110" and 123".
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 17, 2009, 12:09 PM
EXTREME FLIGHT is online now
Find More Posts by EXTREME FLIGHT
EXTREME FLIGHT's Avatar
After putting several hundred flights on these airframes I've grown to prefer the 2814/820, simply because I tend to fly these 48 inch airframes very aggressively and it doesn't work the 2814 nearly as hard.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 17, 2009, 12:15 PM
bighead93 is online now
Find More Posts by bighead93
Live to fly
bighead93's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTREME FLIGHT View Post
After putting several hundred flights on these airframes I've grown to prefer the 2814/820, simply because I tend to fly these 48 inch airframes very aggressively and it doesn't work the 2814 nearly as hard.
That is what I was thinking! 2814/820 it is
Old Nov 17, 2009, 04:26 PM
YellowJacketsRC is online now
Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
They Call him Dead!
YellowJacketsRC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTREME FLIGHT View Post
HS-65MGs all around, plenty of room for 14x7 prop.

Honestly dead, I would choose the airplane that appeals to you the most visually. They are both equally capable of anything you can throw at them. They are both very stable in upright and inverted harriers, basically coupling free in knife edge, tumble well and due to the long fuselage they track very well. Both also knife edge spin very well, rotating very fast around the wing tube. Wing area and loading is just right to give a "floaty" feel while still allowing crisp snap maneuvers. I feel you would be happy with either choice, so get the one that looks the coolest to you.
Well i like the Color scheme of the extra a bit better. I see the have the same WS and length, but those wings are a good bit different. Surely that creates SOME difference? Is the arifoil the same?
Old Nov 17, 2009, 06:19 PM
ambientech is offline
Find More Posts by ambientech
Registered User
ambientech's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTREME FLIGHT View Post
After putting several hundred flights on these airframes I've grown to prefer the 2814/820, simply because I tend to fly these 48 inch airframes very aggressively and it doesn't work the 2814 nearly as hard.
I agree I fly the crap out of my EXP with a 2814 in it. It barely gets warm even at 100 degree ambient temps and has been my most dependable motor. I don't think I will ever buy another Hacker after flying the Torque motors.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 06:44 PM
bighead93 is online now
Find More Posts by bighead93
Live to fly
bighead93's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by chribrian View Post
I agree I fly the crap out of my EXP with a 2814 in it. It barely gets warm even at 100 degree ambient temps and has been my most dependable motor. I don't think I will ever buy another Hacker after flying the Torque motors.
The 2818-900 does pretty good too! It really pulls the EXP well...packs get a bit warm...but I do fly them really hard
Old Nov 17, 2009, 07:47 PM
EXTREME FLIGHT is online now
Find More Posts by EXTREME FLIGHT
EXTREME FLIGHT's Avatar
Same airfoil on both the Extra and Edge. Wish I could point out some major differences for you, but honestly they are both equally capable of doing anything you are capable of.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 17, 2009, 07:49 PM
ambientech is offline
Find More Posts by ambientech
Registered User
ambientech's Avatar
Just a guess but wouldn't the Edge be more stable in harrier due to the straight leading edge ? Not saying a big difference but at least a bit of difference ? Not saying the Extra isn't stable because it locks in nice.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 12:30 PM
EXTREME FLIGHT is online now
Find More Posts by EXTREME FLIGHT
EXTREME FLIGHT's Avatar
Maybe slightly more stable, and as I mentioned earlier a bit more aggressive in tumbles.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 18, 2009, 03:53 PM
bighead93 is online now
Find More Posts by bighead93
Live to fly
bighead93's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTREME FLIGHT View Post
Maybe slightly more stable, and as I mentioned earlier a bit more aggressive in tumbles.
So I would guess the Edge's fuse is shorter than the Extra?
Old Nov 18, 2009, 04:09 PM
EXTREME FLIGHT is online now
Find More Posts by EXTREME FLIGHT
EXTREME FLIGHT's Avatar
Same length, but different wing location on fuselage.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 18, 2009, 04:10 PM
bighead93 is online now
Find More Posts by bighead93
Live to fly
bighead93's Avatar
Makes sense! Thanks for the info! You going to offer a combo for this one?
Old Nov 18, 2009, 04:11 PM
EXTREME FLIGHT is online now
Find More Posts by EXTREME FLIGHT
EXTREME FLIGHT's Avatar
Absolutely!
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 18, 2009, 04:12 PM
bighead93 is online now
Find More Posts by bighead93
Live to fly
bighead93's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme flight View Post
absolutely!
sweetly!!:d


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion EXTREME FLIGHT 48" Extra 300 EXP. VIDEO ADDED! hemituda 3D Flying 9936 Yesterday 08:52 AM
Discussion Extreme Flight RC 48" Extra 300 EXP Build mxcop 3D Flying 404 Apr 14, 2015 09:07 PM
Video Extreme Flight RC Extra 300 EXP 48" Teaser video! Jvdo Electric Plane Talk 6 Oct 21, 2009 03:48 PM
Discussion New Extreme Flight RC 48" Extra EXP mxcop 3D Flying 3 May 20, 2009 01:49 PM
Extreme Flight R/C Edge 540T profile MikeMayberry Sport Planes 21 Jun 18, 2004 12:08 AM