This thread is privately moderated by thedeuce, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 13, 2009, 10:10 PM
Thread OP
Cool

F-22 Supermanouverability

The Real F-22 Raptor- A High Flying Masterpeice 2.0 (4 min 16 sec)
Last edited by thedeuce; Nov 13, 2009 at 10:18 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 13, 2009, 11:23 PM
just Some Useless Geek
This is the one I really like:

F-22 Supermanouverability (7 min 17 sec)

The F-22 doesn't turn so much as simply change directions nearly instantly. Plus, it's close to invisible to radar (even our own). Plus, it can go supersonic without afterburner. Plus, it can carry enough weaponry and avionics to engage eight enemies at the same time. Plus...

Well, you get the picture. Anybody wanna pick a stand-up fight with the US military? Anybody? Anybody?
Nov 14, 2009, 12:23 AM
Thread OP
Thats a good one too.
Nov 15, 2009, 03:41 PM
Scarecow
What's with the comments on those videos?
Bunch of armchair critics arguing the toss over who's plane is best. Who the hell cares!
Nov 15, 2009, 08:16 PM
just Some Useless Geek
They can armchair argue all they want. In point of fact, the F-22 is -- like its father, the F-15 before it -- the world's top air superiority fighter. Like the F-15 in its day the F-22 can offer or decline combat to any other aircraft in the world with total impunity. There is nothing out there that can hold a candle to the F-22 in terms of total combat mission capability. All of the world's other military aircraft are even less able to go toe-to-toe with the F-22 in air combat.

Let the doubters doubt. Let the naysayers say "nay." You wanna find out who's best? There's only one way to do that, jerkweed. Just pick a fight with the USA and find out for yourself. The Syrians did that against the Israelis during Bekaa Valley, when the assorted Israeli F-15s, F-16s, and F-4s wiped 86 assorted Syrian craprods from the sky with zero of their own losses. Try something like that against the US now and it would be even worse.
Nov 16, 2009, 04:00 AM
Scarecow
Bet my stick is bigger and better than your stick.

Nah kids it's just a stick.
Nov 16, 2009, 01:53 PM
Thread OP
Just thought it was a good video, not saying that any jet is the best. Everyone has their own opinion.

deuce
Nov 16, 2009, 01:58 PM
just Some Useless Geek
Opinion has nothing to do with it. Testing does. Red Flag and every other simulation proves that the F-22 is the top of the heap. I just get tired of hearing sundry Yerpians and Slaviks prattle on about how great their particular choice of multi-role fighter is, without ever quoting test data. Heh. "In God We Trust. All others bring test results."
Nov 16, 2009, 02:04 PM
Thread OP
I agree with you, it is a great fighter and it does what it is designed to do and more. My father has been a pilot for close to 40 years, for the last 26 years before retiering he was flying TBM Avengers as a flight leader and Test pilot for the government using them as water bombers. He went to vegas a couple years ago for the heritage flight and they had the F-22 doing the demonstation flight and said that it was absolutlly amazing watching the manuverability of that fighter. He was in aww watching it. I hope to go next year to the airshow to see it to.

deuce

Here is a video of him taking off in the Avenger.

Bathurst NB Grumman TBM Avenger Fire Forestry Service NB FPL (1 min 7 sec)
Last edited by thedeuce; Nov 16, 2009 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Because
Nov 16, 2009, 02:08 PM
just Some Useless Geek
Man! The rollout on that thing must be measured in inches!
Nov 16, 2009, 04:54 PM
Thread OP
It does lift off quite fast in a headwind, that was also fully loaded with retardant. Huge wing surface. They are great planes. Very robust and beefy. It was awsome when I got a chance to get a ride in it with my father. It was cool.

Quick Reply