Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
This thread is privately moderated by A.T., who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 08, 2010, 03:13 AM
Find More Posts by 4*60
most exalted one
Aurora A9 - Simulator function Set-up
Later observations:
a). Aerofly ProDeluxe Flight Sim: Remove module from Aurora. Aurora also does not then require to be setup in Trainer mode, simply select Transmit "No" when switched on. [This may also apply to other Simulators with dedicated "Dongles".]

I think there should still be a note indicating trainer mode works with module inserted. I would rather use the AFPD simulator without removing the module all the time. Others might also.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2010, 08:40 AM
Find More Posts by mode1
interested
Old Feb 26, 2010, 07:04 AM
Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T. View Post
... Aurora A9 - Firmware Update V1.08 further detail.
V1.08? I am pretty sure this should read V1.06.

Jürgen
Old Feb 26, 2010, 01:04 PM
Find More Posts by A.T.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig View Post
V1.08? I am pretty sure this should read V1.06. Jürgen
Typo corrected, tks.
Alan T.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 12:02 PM
Find More Posts by austin.laws
Night flier
Anyone know the range of the Aurora 9? Im getting about 300 feet lol.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 03:35 PM
Find More Posts by A.T.
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin.laws View Post
Anyone know the range of the Aurora 9? Im getting about 300 feet lol.
Something not quite right, please refer to:
Today I did a car ground range test. Full power, not range check dedicated mode. Very impressed ! 2.2km ground level !!!
And must stop the test because of the field iregularities, even if we choosed a very flat area, the car passed behind a small (2-3m) hill that blocked the signal completelly. I guess that this system can do more than 4km in the air ! I wrote system and not Aurora, because was a module mounted on a T9C.
Did I mentioned that the Rx was inside the car, placed in the back, having direct vision to the transmitter via the rear window? - Renatoa"

AFHSS - Power Down - Procedure for Normal Mode & Scan Mode for Range Check.
Power Down for Range Check is 1mw - tested to at least 1/4 mile.
AFHSS - How To Select Optimum Channels - For Your Field.
AFHSS - ID-Setup A.K.A, binding or linking & Range Testing Spectra Pro Module <> Optima Receiver

Aurora A9 Telemetry - Flying Range
Aurora A9 Telemetry - Range test Using Segway & GPS - Video - Demonstrates remarkable 2100+ft not only through large obstacles but also with Heli sitting in ground effect.
at
Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {frequently updated}
and in need, contact Hitec Warranty & Service direct. Service Form

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old Apr 21, 2010, 05:25 PM
Find More Posts by austin.laws
Night flier
Yeah im goin to have to send a them back to Hitec. Here in the UK its amarang. But its been like it since i bought it. just not tested it far till today. i was flying a SSX and it just kept goin out of range. I was flying my Swift at short range so didnt know it ws outa range within 200ft.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 01:06 AM
Find More Posts by MikeMayberry
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Try rebinding.

Mike.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 12:03 PM
Find More Posts by TheMadEngineer
Has anyone cracked any of the Optima Rx's open and taken pics of the internals? I can only ever find pics of one side of the PCB, and I'm dying to know what the components are before I commit to buy.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:32 PM
Guz
Find More Posts by Guz
Guz
Gutless wonder
TheMadEngineer, odd request... but why not!?!? Here is a 6 channel (sorry for the glare from the heat shrink)

I just remembered where to get photos of all of Hitec's stuff, the FCC!!!

Spectra 2.4 (pdf)
Optima 6 (pdf)
Optima 7 (pdf)
Optima 9 (pdf)
Last edited by Guz; Apr 29, 2010 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Added FCC links
Old Apr 29, 2010, 08:59 AM
Find More Posts by crobinett
I know there is a hack of the Spectra Module to work in the Multiplex Evo. Has anyone done a hack to work in a JR 9303?

Thanks
Chuck
Old Apr 29, 2010, 03:10 PM
Find More Posts by A.T.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crobinett View Post
I know there is a hack of the Spectra Module to work in the Multiplex Evo. Has anyone done a hack to work in a JR 9303?
Thanks Chuck
No need to hack as a Hitec Spectra Pro 2.4GHz JR Module, as pictured, should be available in store June/July. "The Spectra Pro JR Module will add 20ms latency similar to other add on systems. this one will most likely be sold as combo like the current systems. Figure about $154.99 with an Optima 9 RX. - Mike"

Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {frequently updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Last edited by A.T.; Apr 29, 2010 at 03:16 PM.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 03:17 PM
Find More Posts by crobinett
The reason I asked about a hack is because I talked with Hitec support yesterday and they did not have a date (thought possibly next year) for the Spectra Module.

I have no problem waiting till June/July, just let me know where I can get in line to purchase.

Really like my Aurora, just want to use the 9303 for the contest planes while I transition and wait for the firmware updates (functions I am looking for are not on the list for 1.07).

Thanks
Chuck
Old May 22, 2010, 08:58 AM
Find More Posts by menglovekai

Range test with Eagletree OSD

Today I can almost achieve 3km range with optima9 receiver (altitude 600 m)
after Fail-safe active , Eagletree system bring it back to home safely .

I wonder how to extend the range such as changing rx or tx antenna???
Thanks.
Last edited by menglovekai; May 22, 2010 at 09:01 AM. Reason: picture link failed
Old May 22, 2010, 09:01 AM
Find More Posts by renatoa
First try to build a $0 parabolic reflector for Tx antenna.
Assuming you are able to know what direction is the plane and point the reflector in the right direction, you will be amazed to see a jump to over 5km in range.