Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by A.T., who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 09, 2017, 12:58 PM
Xpress,
That's what I thought. Haven't used the Aurora9 for a while.
Thanks,
John
to remove ads between posts
Apr 09, 2017, 12:22 AM
I am having a serious issue with my 9x when on occasion going from one model to another flight modes will disappear on the model being switched to. Turning on and off tx will restore flight modes (speed and thermal) on two position switch. Seems to be a flaw with firmware. I believe my firmware is up to date.
Apr 12, 2017, 10:57 AM
Team Hitec, Customer Support
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnavarro
I am having a serious issue with my 9x when on occasion going from one model to another flight modes will disappear on the model being switched to. Turning on and off tx will restore flight modes (speed and thermal) on two position switch. Seems to be a flaw with firmware. I believe my firmware is up to date.
I replied to your question in the thread you posted.
Latest blog entry: Weekender Warehouse
Apr 12, 2017, 12:27 PM
Hey Xpress,

Any news on an uprated transmitter from Hitec? Just wondering.
Apr 12, 2017, 01:43 PM
Mike from Hitec told me at the Toledo Show last weekend that there was talk of a 12chnl in the FLASH series of TX's.
That's all would or could say about it.
Apr 12, 2017, 02:49 PM
It's actually a 14ch and we're expecting it soon, but we aren't at liberty to say anything else.
Apr 13, 2017, 02:32 PM
Does anyone have the pin out for the 9x to 9x trainer cable. I know that the tip and ring are reversed and mine show this correct. However the base part of the connector shows no connection to each other and I think that this should be ground?

We are still not able to consistently exchange models nor get the trainer function to work. We have the latest RF and system upgrades and have no issues connecting with PC.

We have followed the Youtube vids exactly and get a once in a while data transfer but not consistant. So from this I can deduce that the I/O is working on each TX but it may be the cables third larger pin not being connected that could be the culprit. Any input appreciated. And no we are busy with contest so cannot send in the radios to be checked. One is brand new the other one of the first releases.
Apr 13, 2017, 03:48 PM
Are you using a Hitec trainer cable?
Apr 13, 2017, 05:12 PM
Yes, Purchased from Hitec
Apr 13, 2017, 05:44 PM
I can't really recommend anything, we haven't really had that issue before If you test the cable with a DMM set to read Ω then you should get 0.00Ω (+/- 0.05 ish) when you test both ends of the cable at the base of the jack. If these are not reading anything then you might have a short somewhere inside of the cable which could be causing your problem.
Apr 15, 2017, 10:52 PM
Finally able to get models copied between radios and get the buddy box to work. Turned out to be a cold solder joint on the shield ground at one end. Ended up cutting the bad connector off and splicing another on.

The reason I had not checked the cable is that we also tried it with my friends cable with the same results. I found out a couple of days ago that his cable was not for Hitec of which he had not informed me about. So the result was to suspect one of the radios to be bad. If I had known that my friends cable was not for Hitec I would have suspected mine to be a problem from the beginning.

Anyhow, I am just happy to finally have my student friend buddy system working. So will order a new cable Monday.
Apr 25, 2017, 07:34 PM
Hi Acesimmer, I make a lot of audio cables for work, and we solder connectors on them for whatever we need. If you've spliced that connector onto the cable, with a piece of its old cable still soldered, I'd recommend either replacing the cable altogether, or cutting off the entire spliced section and solder a connector directly onto the main cable. Unless you're an experienced cable maker, splicing might work at the moment but it's unreliable and can degrade the function of the cable. That said, it's *probably* OK for now, but I wouldn't rely on it for very long, and being a trainer cable you and your student do rely on it to safely protect the trainee's model. You could just de-solder the short splice piece from the connector at that end, or those are pretty common connectors, so you could get them from any store that has basic electronic parts, just a 1/8" stereo plug.
Apr 25, 2017, 11:21 PM
Bernard..... Yes, I have aerospace experience. Anyhow, got the temporary cable working like a champ and just received two new ones. One for me and one for my students. Thanks for the input.
Apr 25, 2017, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acesimmer
Bernard..... Yes, I have aerospace experience. Anyhow, got the temporary cable working like a champ and just received two new ones. One for me and one for my students. Thanks for the input.
Ah, sounds like you know what you're doing. I had a sideline custom cable business for musicians, studios, for humans *and* DJ's <snigger>, anyway I find 99% of all the faults that happen with large any audio system, large or small, are cables and connectors so I'm kinda fussy about them. Glad to hear that's working well for you.
May 01, 2017, 12:25 PM
All Thumbs

HPP-22 for Macs?

Hi Guys,

I have an original low-number Aurora 9X with V 1.00 (0) in the PROM. (Has a bit of "trunk rash", but everything works quite well!) Time for an update.

I'm looking at the HPP-22 interface and software, but it appears to be an .exe - PC compatible unit only. We're all Mac here.

Right now I'm trying a few buddies who just may have an old PC on the shelf that would do the job.

Short of running out and buying a PC, any suggestions?

Cheers!

Ran