Aug 06, 2019, 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress..
All Optima are compatible with either analog or digital servos. Maxima are digital only.
Thank-You!

I have other questions about the S.Bus feature of the Hitec Optima SL / Maxima SL receivers.

What type of cable do I need to connect the S.Bus connector on the receiver to the Flight Controller Board input?

Can I use the S.Bus output AND AT THE SAME TIME one of the other PWM outputs?

Where can I find instructions about the S.Bus setup with the Hitec Aurora 9x transmitter and the Optima SL / Maxima SL receivers?

There is a difference between the blue and the grey Hitec Maxima SL receivers?:

Name: 9709008_HITEC-MAXIMA-SL-SINGLE-LINE-9K-EMPFAENGER-S-BUS_570x570.jpg
Views: 59
Size: 47.8 KB
Description: Name: 376_1_MaximaSL.jpg
Views: 60
Size: 18.5 KB
Description:

ettore
to remove ads between posts
Aug 06, 2019, 11:00 AM
RC Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by quenda
Thank-You!

I have other questions about the S.Bus feature of the Hitec Optima SL / Maxima SL receivers.

What type of cable do I need to connect the S.Bus connector on the receiver to the Flight Controller Board input?

Can I use the S.Bus output AND AT THE SAME TIME one of the other PWM outputs?

Where can I find instructions about the S.Bus setup with the Hitec Aurora 9x transmitter and the Optima SL / Maxima SL receivers?

There is a difference between the blue and the grey Hitec Maxima SL receivers?:

Attachment 12390755 Attachment 12390757

ettore
Typically a male-male lead is needed to connect S.Bus to flight controllers. S.Bus and PWM can be utilized simultaneously, though you will not be able to differentiate channels. Channel 1 is always channel 1 on PWM or S.Bus. No instructions, straight forward use. S.Bus is always functioning, as are PWM outputs.

Blue Maxima SL was concept color, grey was the production color.
Aug 06, 2019, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress..
Typically a male-male lead is needed to connect S.Bus to flight controllers. S.Bus and PWM can be utilized simultaneously, though you will not be able to differentiate channels. Channel 1 is always channel 1 on PWM or S.Bus. No instructions, straight forward use. S.Bus is always functioning, as are PWM outputs.

Blue Maxima SL was concept color, grey was the production color.
Thank-You!!!

Grazie mille!!

ettore
Sep 24, 2019, 06:48 AM
I have a problem with my Aurora 9. I use butterfly on my slope soarers to aid landing using just up ailerons operated by the throttle stick. Suddenly this is not working, I have tried it on several models and the monitor is showing no movement. On other models with servo driven spoilers the throttle stick works fine. Is there a solution other than a fault in my transmitter?
Sep 25, 2019, 12:49 PM
What could possibly go wrong?
Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamfoster
I have a problem with my Aurora 9. I use butterfly on my slope soarers to aid landing using just up ailerons operated by the throttle stick. Suddenly this is not working, I have tried it on several models and the monitor is showing no movement. On other models with servo driven spoilers the throttle stick works fine. Is there a solution other than a fault in my transmitter?
If it's happening on more than one model I'd suspect a programming problem, such as the program with the butterfly brakes getting corrupted or changed somehow... maybe the servo assignments are different? Just guessing but one place to start would be to go through your settings for that program and look for anything that's changed
Sep 26, 2019, 04:46 AM

Butterfly operation

Tried that with no luck
Old Dec 01, 2019, 01:01 PM
RobertliB
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Redacted Content.
Dec 15, 2019, 10:14 PM
"Sport 3Der For Life"

Qestion

hi, looking for a charging cord that i can use with my ac/dc field chargers. the end is 1.5mm X 3.5mm that goes in the back of the transmitter. thanks very much,mike.
Dec 16, 2019, 05:48 AM

Modifying a charger connector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro Burner
hi, looking for a charging cord that i can use with my ac/dc field chargers. the end is 1.5mm X 3.5mm that goes in the back of the transmitter. thanks very much,mike.
Why not cut the connector off the charger that came with the radio a couple of inches from the end and add male/female connectors inline that fit your AC/DC charger? That way the connector can be used with either charger.
Dec 16, 2019, 02:16 PM
"Sport 3Der For Life"
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettsmums
Why not cut the connector off the charger that came with the radio a couple of inches from the end and add male/female connectors inline that fit your AC/DC charger? That way the connector can be used with either charger.
yes i thought about that 1st. just wanted to see if there were other options out there.thanks,mike.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 01:15 AM
RobertliB
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Excessive Advertising (Spam).
Dec 29, 2019, 03:04 AM
Don't click thsoe links, not safe. How do I get in touch with a moderator
Jan 14, 2020, 10:57 AM
Well, now that you know ...
I just reported him. In the upper right there is a "Report" button.
Jan 14, 2020, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigster
I just reported him. In the upper right there is a "Report" button.
Ah yes, thanks for that. Never used that button before but I would have if I'd known about it. Cheers
Jan 21, 2020, 07:08 AM
Looking over the last few pages, I see several references to interference. My experience over the past year may be useful. I have an Eclipse 7 and lately an Aurora 9 with the 2.4 MHz modules. I resumed flying in a big way over the past couple of years, doing just simple binding at home, and after a while I started to get hit, with a spectacular lawn-dart pile-in of a glider as the climax, fortunately with only minor damage thanks to soft, sandy soil.

At this point, I upgraded all firmware (Tx's, Optima 7, 9 Rx's, 2.4 GHz modules..) from the final HPP-22 v.1.19(1) version. Then I learned about the big change Hitec made in the way AFHSS is used (Scanning Mode replaced by a simpler Scanning Function to choose the frequencies)... so now I ran the Scanning Function on the module following version 3.0 of the module instruction sheet, AT THE FLYING FIELD. Then I rebound the receivers to it. Presto, the interference went away, and I have almost specked out my gliders several times with no trouble.

I suspect that earlier I had inadvertantly driven the system into the old buggy Scanning Mode, where the Tx changed frequencies during flight (it just took pressing the button for 6 seconds instead of 2 seconds for Range Test MMode).

My recommendation is that those flying near microwave towers, FPV ground stations and the like, run the Scanning Function on their modules or Tx's at the flying field, and then rebind all of their receivers. (Note: the flashing of lights isn't quite like in the instruction sheets). This way, the Tx chooses less noisy parts of the 2.4 GHz band for its hopping frequencies.

Quick Reply