Nov 12, 2009, 05:14 PM
Suspended Account
Discussion

Aristo-Craft America's Cup Yacht

A friend presented me with an unopened Aristo-Craft America's Cup style Yacht. He said it had been in his basement for 12-15 years. Stock Number 132 designed by Ritchie Direct Mktg of Australia.
Is there any information available about this kit?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 12, 2009, 10:15 PM
MrEWorm
If you don't get any answers here right away , I have two ideas.....
Here at RCGroups "Dock Talk :Boats" look for a thread
titled "Logan City Marine Modelers" they are from Brisbane ,AU. Why not
inquire there if any of those guys know about that company or model ?

OR , you could check out the Australian Radio Yachting Assoc. (ARYA)
at www.radiosailing.org.au Perhaps they might respond to an Email
question about this boat you now have .

Good Luck
Allan
Nov 13, 2009, 08:26 AM
Suspended Account
Thanks for that idea.
On opening the box, the instructions are copyrighted 1987. It is a model of the 12 meter style boat that was the formula for America's Cup prior to 1990. It appears to be a simple plastic model.
I doubt that this thing has any great intrinsic value as an unbuilt model.
I think that I will plow ahead and build it. It came with a tx, rx and servos so I think I will build it stock.
I'll check my LHS regarding suitable paints. I plan on researching photos of Dennis Conner's Stars & Stripes for ideas on paint jobs.
May 19, 2015, 05:56 PM
Sorry to dredge up this old thread but one of these just became available near me and I was wondering if you or anyone else ever built and sailed one. Is so would it be worth $79.00 for a complete unassembled kit.