May 26, 2017, 07:22 PM
Suspended Account
I use windfinder.com but I guess I will have to keep an eye on the forecast because now it's showing 2-3MPH winds from SSW, LOL.
to remove ads between posts
May 26, 2017, 07:29 PM
yeah, NOAA wasn't very inspiring for the rest of the season.
Anyway, good luck!
May 26, 2017, 07:35 PM
Suspended Account
I really just want to get in one last flight up there before next season starts. You never know when the family that owns the property will put an end to people having fun on the butte.

Do you fly airplanes in Adair with the Benton County club? If so, maybe we'll run into you out there.
May 26, 2017, 11:33 PM
just tie a string to your wing and run around like flying a kite

I fly at Adair, and will be heading out in the morning for a while too. Bringing 3 of my planks, plus a couple of small heli's, you know, for my name sake
May 26, 2017, 11:37 PM
Yeah, I used to fly at Adair for years (25+), but I haven't flown there since the Polar Bear in 2016 (January 1st, 2016).
Just not that excited with gas (messy) and don't have much exciting in the way of electrics (and not really interested in acquiring any)
May 26, 2017, 11:40 PM
Suspended Account
@Brad - You're going to Adair in the morning? If so, we may have to join you out there for some shenanigans. What time are you planning on being out there?

EDIT: @Tom - You can always sit back in a chair and fly something like your Cularis. I normally catch some nice thermals out there with my Radian.
May 26, 2017, 11:47 PM
realistically, I'll probably head out around 10:00 am or something. I want to be there before too much of a breeze picks up. I have all my batteries charged and ready to go, just a matter of loading up the truck with stuff. No gliders, just regular planks. I have flown gliders out there in the past, but I have closer places I'd rather go for those now.
May 26, 2017, 11:48 PM
Notice I said "don't have much exciting" regarding my electrics
Same reason I'm not a huge Thermal Duration or flat field glider guy, BoRing.
If you ain't cutting things up living on the edge, you're taking too much room
I may have to start making it out their again in the summer...
May 26, 2017, 11:50 PM
Yeah Brad, cause, you know, you can't fly airplanes in very much wind

It's just so funny how 10 out at Adair is a PITA and nobody flys, but we can wait for 20s and 30s at Peterson...
May 27, 2017, 12:04 AM
Suspended Account
@Brad - Cool, we have some fast wings to take out there.

@Tom - The wind does weird things in Adair... but I do get a kick out of flying in 20MPH to 50MPH winds at Peterson.
May 29, 2017, 10:50 AM
well, Craig, I was there, where were you? Only two other folks aside from myself. Nice easy day.

I had my Archer, Gee Bee, and AT-6 Texan out for a good flight session (no crashes). Even had a little heli out, but the tail motor is really old and was giving out, so I couldn't really fly it much.
May 29, 2017, 12:31 PM
Suspended Account
Sorry man, we totally got busy doing stuff at home and spaced it out.
Jun 04, 2017, 01:00 AM

Another season over...

Another season over...

It was lots of fun...

Somebody PLEASE find is a nice north-facing slope within an hour's drive time of Corvallis-- ideally something with a nice big flat crunchy-compatible landing zone--

Although the truth is after so many years of flying at Peterson's. my brain has a problem wrapping itself around the idea of "sloping in nice summer weather"...

I chased the birds with my Radian today out in eastern Oregon--

Steve
Jun 10, 2017, 12:49 PM
Sure would be a good day for PB today-- if it weren't June! Steve
Jun 28, 2017, 12:28 PM
(deleted-- the valley's not the best place for that-- better out by Fort Rock!)
Last edited by aeronaut999; Jun 28, 2017 at 04:47 PM.

Quick Reply