Thread Tools
Jan 31, 2010, 01:09 PM
Registered User
Ray..............Not sure you'll Find the North West passage in Kentuky,
Hope you're food is not in Lead lined Can's
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 31, 2010, 03:02 PM
SCALE Sailor
JerryTodd's Avatar
Still haven't found that North-West passage, huh?
Feb 21, 2010, 07:47 AM
Paratrooper
Paratrooper's Avatar

Searching for the NW passage on Cedar Creek Lake


We managed to get out again on Saturday the 20th of February and we were surprised to find a lot of ice on Cedar Creek Lake due to the unusually cold winter, but there was sufficient open water to sail. Here are a few photos and the link to the You Tube video I managed to get, with some video from the deck on the new camera mount.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gjZpcCqbKQ

While rigging up in the parking lot, a passer by stopped to talk, and I forgot to bolt up the keel weight. When I got to the water and started to launch the ship nearly foundered but I had a hold of the main mast and I managed to get the ship back on the launching cart. After the scare--the ship sailed wonderfuly near and around the float ice and growlers.
Feb 21, 2010, 10:43 AM
Square-rigger
meatbomber's Avatar
Very nice Para, the Pan and tilt cam on the quarter deck makes outstanding video, makes you feel you are there! Would be interesting with a direct link to shore, if you can sail her just by the captains view
I really liked the climbing down the ratlines from the topmast please keep doing these awesome videos!

cheers
MB
(envious of your ship and liquid water )
Feb 21, 2010, 11:14 AM
Registered User
beautiful video

very nice
Feb 21, 2010, 11:18 AM
Registered User
captmsr's Avatar
That is a great video. I watched it several times, it's great!
Feb 21, 2010, 11:18 AM
Registered User
beneteau3's Avatar
Thanks for the pix, Ray! Your weather sounds better than ours - We are just continuing to melt the compact glacier ice remaining on the streets - No hope yet for the lakes. Sure glad that keel weight didn't drop on your foot! I guess you could call this event a surprise by the Surprise!
Feb 21, 2010, 11:45 AM
Paratrooper
Paratrooper's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by beneteau3
Thanks for the pix, Ray! Your weather sounds better than ours - We are just continuing to melt the compact glacier ice remaining on the streets - No hope yet for the lakes. Sure glad that keel weight didn't drop on your foot! I guess you could call this event a surprise by the Surprise!
Don--it stayed on the launch cart--fortunately. Had it dropped off I would have been in a real mess trying to recover it in the cold water. I am sure it was a one term politician happening because it will be on the absolute check list from now on.

Many thanks from all of you who enjoyed the video. Soon I hope to be able to fire a broadside with a view from the deck. That should make for interesting footage.
Feb 21, 2010, 12:20 PM
Paratrooper
Paratrooper's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatbomber
Very nice Para, the Pan and tilt cam on the quarter deck makes outstanding video, makes you feel you are there! Would be interesting with a direct link to shore, if you can sail her just by the captains view
I really liked the climbing down the ratlines from the topmast please keep doing these awesome videos!

cheers
MB
(envious of your ship and liquid water )
Several have advised that I could do a video link to a monitor to shore but after reviewing the potential for all of the gear I found that the hole in the water might already be filled with money--at least the foldin money.

We are looking forward to when we can mount a gun fight with Syren and view the guns firing for both incoming and friendly artillery. That should make for some really interesting footage. We hope to do some of this early this spring providing we get some warmer weather.
Feb 21, 2010, 08:36 PM
Kraut
Thanks, I am always totally in awe with your ships.

wind : 50 miles, gusting to 75
Barometer : 29.54 and droping
Temps : 14 F
Snowing

Sailing weather
Feb 25, 2010, 11:33 AM
Registered User
capt_redde's Avatar
Fantastic video sir! What an amazing vessel!
Feb 27, 2010, 03:04 PM
Paratrooper
Paratrooper's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_redde
Fantastic video sir! What an amazing vessel!
We may try to do a fleet sail in April up around Dayton. Are you game to join us?
Feb 27, 2010, 08:13 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paratrooper
We may try to do a fleet sail in April up around Dayton. Are you game to join us?
I would enjoy seeing these fantastic ships in action in person! Dayton is just down the road for me.
Feb 27, 2010, 08:26 PM
Registered User
beneteau3's Avatar
Is that Dayton, TN; Dayton, MN; Dayton, OH; Dayton, WA; Dayton, WY; Dayton, PA; or Dayton, NV?
Feb 27, 2010, 08:47 PM
Paratrooper
Paratrooper's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevWarBrig
I would enjoy seeing these fantastic ships in action in person! Dayton is just down the road for me.
When and if this fleet sail comes together I will post a message on this thread. We are considering the lake near the Dayton Air Force Museum as well as a visit to the museum.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Syren, Brig, SC&H R/C Square Rigger, 1/24 scale DanL Scale Sailboats 392 Jan 24, 2017 11:16 PM
Question 1/24 Scale ARMOR RABBIT Scale Boats 8 Oct 08, 2009 09:27 PM
Video SC&H 1/24 brig DanL Dock Talk 3 May 27, 2008 11:47 AM
Video SC&H 1/24 scale mpeg DanL Dock Talk 1 May 26, 2008 11:37 PM
Discussion Any one know where I can get free drawing of square rigged ships? john_auberry Sailboats 3 Feb 21, 2008 11:03 AM