Aug 02, 2014, 05:44 PM
Yes, I did. I'm going to try to recover it tonight. Wish me luck, I haven't had to recover anything yet. And pointers Steve?
to remove ads between posts
Aug 02, 2014, 05:54 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
If I was there, I could show you a few tricks, but kind of hard to explain....however, there are many good videos on the net that will help..

Personally, I don't like covering with Ultracote, I much prefer the older Monokote, but even today's Monokote is not what it used to be...But of course since the plane was originally covered in Ultracote, that is what you have to deal with..

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My old shop....
Aug 02, 2014, 05:58 PM
Yeah, that makes sense. Thanks for the link, I'll post some pics when I'm done.
Aug 04, 2014, 08:02 AM
Back in business! It's not perfect but good enough for a first attempt at recovering.

Name: uploadfromtaptalk1407157325713.jpg
Views: 45
Size: 53.7 KB
Description: Name: uploadfromtaptalk1407157336637.jpg
Views: 66
Size: 49.4 KB
Description: Name: uploadfromtaptalk1407157351373.jpg
Views: 58
Size: 41.1 KB
Description:
Aug 04, 2014, 08:55 AM
I know I'm missing a piece of white and blue on there. When I find a cowl I'll get it finished up.
Aug 04, 2014, 09:17 AM
Hi....well I have been flying my extra for about a month now and love it!! The only thing I have noticed is that for about the first minute of flight I get a knocking sound coming from the motor/esc. The sound is rhythmic with a definite frequency about 3hz but it only happens at full throttle. Almost sounds like a mechanical sound but it isn't since I have eliminated that. I started with 19x10 prop then went to 19x8 and it made no difference. Played with timing and seemed to make no diff. Set current limit to insensitive and no diff. The only thing I haven't tried is to go from 8 to 12 kHz pwm. Has anyone had these problems??? I have an 8s setup with motrolfly 4330 298 using Castle Edge 100. Separate Western Robotics BEC. Doesn't seem to affect performance at all but I want to find out what it is.......after about 1 min of flight it is ok...at least I no longer can hear it. So it must have something to do with battery voltage being higher at start?? One thing I had to do was to extend the esc wire harness to the receiver by about 6 inches....maybe the increased length is causing problems??? Any ideas??....Thanks!!
Aug 04, 2014, 09:19 AM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman240
Hi....well I have been flying my extra for about a month now and love it!! The only thing I have noticed is that for about the first minute of flight I get a knocking sound coming from the motor/esc. The sound is rhythmic with a definite frequency about 3hz but it only happens at full throttle. Almost sounds like a mechanical sound but it isn't since I have eliminated that. I started with 19x10 prop then went to 19x8 and it made no difference. Played with timing and seemed to make no diff. Set current limit to insensitive and no diff. The only thing I haven't tried is to go from 8 to 12 kHz pwm. Has anyone had these problems??? I have an 8s setup with motrolfly 4330 298 using Castle Edge 100. Separate Western Robotics BEC. Doesn't seem to affect performance at all but I want to find out what it is.......after about 1 min of flight it is ok...at least I no longer can hear it. So it must have something to do with battery voltage being higher at start?? One thing I had to do was to extend the esc wire harness to the receiver by about 6 inches....maybe the increased length is causing problems??? Any ideas??....Thanks!!
there was a knocking problem a while back with the old reaper motors on castle esc's. try hooking up your esc to a castle link and disable the logging. if that does not fix it, i would try soldering a capacitor bank to the esc due to the extended battery wires, but i wouldnt think that would cause the knocking
Aug 04, 2014, 09:45 AM
I think he extended signal wires to the receiver not the battery wires. If it is the wire from the ESC to receiver extended with a servo wire extension then there should be no problem.

Dennis
Aug 04, 2014, 02:05 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by UDO999
Back in business! It's not perfect but good enough for a first attempt at recovering.

Attachment 6986553Attachment 6986554Attachment 6986555
Looks good from here!!

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My old shop....
Aug 19, 2014, 09:29 PM
Gentleman, A buddy had a little mishap at the field and crashed his 72" 330 He gave me the frame and wings.. The tail section is perfect and the motor box up front is great.. But the middle section were the wing tube enters is in bad shape on both sides.. But I am enthusiastic about doing a repair.. Now I am new to the hobby and have replaced a motorbox before so I have a little experience with balsa.. With that being said I am looking for a crashed frame with the middle section in tact I would pay for shipping and a little extra for your troubles. Please let me know what you have as I do have the electronics for this size plane and already own the 57" 330SC which I love but already have too many planes to justify buying this frame new at $439.00
Aug 26, 2014, 05:09 PM
He crashed, but did he do this?

Name: uploadfromtaptalk1409090993776.jpg
Views: 93
Size: 180.2 KB
Description:
Aug 31, 2014, 11:28 AM
3D Wannabe
Ah... Yeah, you pulled off the second most spectacular crash that day.
Aug 31, 2014, 04:37 PM
If anyone has a left wheelpant for the yellow scheme..please send me a Pm!
Sep 03, 2014, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman240
Did you ever get your knock figured out??

Mike
Sep 16, 2014, 05:33 PM
Anyone running the DLE 30 on this plane? Good engine, enough power?

Quick Reply