Thread Tools
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:20 PM
SteveT. is offline
Find More Posts by SteveT.
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayonnair View Post
Thanks djmoose, it looks like the equivalent oracover colours for the red/white/blue extra are:

Code:
Ultracote              Oracover
Ultracote Pearl Blue   21-057 pearl blue
Ultracote White        21-010 white
Ultracote True Red     21-023 ferrari red
Thanks Steve. I've a few more doodles... plenty of time to settle on something I like, I suppose. Now I'm sober it looks like ice cream... mmm, ice cream.
And...Tamiya "rattle can" Ferrari red spray pain it a very close match to the red in case you feel the need to paint something...

SteveT,
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2013, 03:22 PM
chq28 is offline
Find More Posts by chq28
Registered User
chq28's Avatar
What size screws are you guys using to mount the 5320? Also, will a 2s 800mA battery be enough for the servos or will I need something a little bigger? I've have some just hanging around and wanted to use them.

Thanks
Old Mar 04, 2013, 03:39 PM
SteveT. is offline
Find More Posts by SteveT.
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
4mm and no....(IMO)

SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Mar 04, 2013, 03:40 PM
Irg is online now
Irg
Find More Posts by Irg
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Irg's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by chq28 View Post
What size screws are you guys using to mount the 5320? Also, will a 2s 800mA battery be enough for the servos or will I need something a little bigger? I've have some just hanging around and wanted to use them.

Thanks
2s 800 will probably be ok for 3-4 comfortable flights. best to just check it after each flight for a while to get a sense of what it is drawing.

I get 7 flights on a 3s 1000 regulated to 8v. usually put back around 600-700 mah. with a 2s pack and less capacity, I would imagine it will be dipping towards 7.2 volts after 3-4 flights, but it will depend on your flying style, your servos, setup, etc.
Old Mar 04, 2013, 03:40 PM
SteveT. is offline
Find More Posts by SteveT.
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
And does anybody have a spare set of wing bags for the 72" Mine are shredded where the Velcro attaches...

SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Mar 04, 2013, 03:41 PM
Irg is online now
Irg
Find More Posts by Irg
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Irg's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
And does anybody have a spare set of wing bags for the 72" Mine are shredded where the Velcro attaches...

SteveT.
mine are shredded as well. I patched them with gaff tape.
Old Mar 04, 2013, 05:39 PM
jamesrini is offline
Find More Posts by jamesrini
Registered User
My bags shredded after the first week I had the plane
Old Mar 04, 2013, 06:52 PM
chq28 is offline
Find More Posts by chq28
Registered User
chq28's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
4mm and no....(IMO)

SteveT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg View Post
2s 800 will probably be ok for 3-4 comfortable flights. best to just check it after each flight for a while to get a sense of what it is drawing.

I get 7 flights on a 3s 1000 regulated to 8v. usually put back around 600-700 mah. with a 2s pack and less capacity, I would imagine it will be dipping towards 7.2 volts after 3-4 flights, but it will depend on your flying style, your servos, setup, etc.
Thanks guys, I do have some small 3s packs. I might just go that route instead.
Old Mar 09, 2013, 04:05 PM
racin06 is offline
Find More Posts by racin06
Registered User
The 3DHS web site indicates the wing screws for the 72SC are 6 mm in diameter. However, my wing screws measure 5 mm. I know my eyes aren't what they used to be. Will someone please confirm one way or another the diameter of the 72SC wing screws? I'm looking for metal replacements. Thanks.
Old Mar 09, 2013, 04:09 PM
SteveT. is offline
Find More Posts by SteveT.
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
M6..and these Secraft are the best around...

SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Mar 09, 2013, 04:10 PM
livinma1 is offline
Find More Posts by livinma1
Registered User
livinma1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by racin06 View Post
The 3DHS web site indicates the wing screws for the 72SC are 6 mm in diameter. However, my wing screws measure 5 mm. I know my eyes aren't what they used to be. Will someone please confirm one way or another the diameter of the 72SC wing screws? I'm looking for metal replacements. Thanks.
Yes they are. I replaced mine with the Secraft Wing Bolts.

http://www.secraft.net/shop/step1.php?number=1166
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 09, 2013, 04:11 PM
SteveT. is offline
Find More Posts by SteveT.
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Too slow....

SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Mar 09, 2013, 04:11 PM
livinma1 is offline
Find More Posts by livinma1
Registered User
livinma1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Too slow....

SteveT.
Was too busy editing....LOL.. But atleast we agree which ones are good replacements.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 09, 2013, 04:14 PM
racin06 is offline
Find More Posts by racin06
Registered User
Thanks much for the quick reply .
Old Mar 09, 2013, 04:20 PM
livinma1 is offline
Find More Posts by livinma1
Registered User
livinma1's Avatar
No problem... Word of advice.. If you permanently mount them I suggest you screw them in first to the wing and mount it on the bird. For some reason one side didn't line up properly and i had to make a field modification.
RCG Plus Member


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log 3D Hobby Shop 57" Extra 330 SC -Build Thread- flyinhigh025 3D Flying 14319 Jun 14, 2016 07:25 PM
Sold 3D Hobby Shop 47" Extra SHP V2 ctraut5 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Sep 20, 2009 01:08 PM
Sold 3D Hobby Shop Extra 300SR silent_guru Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 8 Sep 19, 2009 03:21 PM
Video 3D Hobby Shop 103" Extra 330 SC sukhoi26mx Fuel Plane Talk 7 Feb 27, 2009 09:37 AM