72 is my favorite plane... 'nuff said.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 27, 2011, 08:45 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
Quote:
Originally Posted by markusvt
With what set-up?
Hacker A50-12L, CC-HV85, CCBEC-Pro, 8S 4000, Savox SC-1258TG servos

...it's a heck of a thing with that gear in it.
Jul 27, 2011, 08:58 AM
i thank i might be becoming more of a extra person than a slick person
Jul 27, 2011, 09:20 AM
Fly Low or you'll never know!
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM
Hacker A50-12L, CC-HV85, CCBEC-Pro, 8S 4000, Savox SC-1258TG servos

...it's a heck of a thing with that gear in it.
Aaron, you using a 18x8 or ? I'm gonna switch mine over to electric now.
DLE30 coming off.

Cory
Last edited by RC4x4; Jul 27, 2011 at 09:38 AM.
Jul 27, 2011, 12:26 PM
Go Fly Yourself...!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC4x4
DLE30 coming off.

Cory
Cory,

I'm curious why you're make the change from Gas to Electrons on your 72" 330SC? From what I've read you seemed to be happy with the 30cc!?

I ask because I've been toying with the idea of going the other way (Electrons to Gas). If only for the experience of trying my hand at a gas plane for the first time.

Thanks,
D-Man
Jul 27, 2011, 02:29 PM
Fly Low or you'll never know!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFloth
Cory,

I'm curious why you're make the change from Gas to Electrons on your 72" 330SC? From what I've read you seemed to be happy with the 30cc!?

I ask because I've been toying with the idea of going the other way (Electrons to Gas). If only for the experience of trying my hand at a gas plane for the first time.

Thanks,
D-Man
I've had alot of problems with my 30cc. First the ignition and now? I not sure what the heck it's doing. It will start and run great, then it goes to crap. It seems to lean out as soon as I would pick up the tail or let it idle. I've never had so much trouble with a gas motor. I'm thinking the carb may have a bad diaphram? I've check all electrical, bypassed the igniton regulator with a straight nimh pack. Ignition is good. I bought a tester so I can test it. Straight fuel line to carb. I really enjoy the 72 on the DLE 30 though.
I may give it one more chance and put a carb rebuild kit in the carb.
What's wierd is that I flew the plane alot in may and then really didn't fly it in June. Now a few weeks ago it went to crap? It just consumes so much time to play around with it trying this and that. I would rather just electify it and fly it. The plane really doesn't have much time on it since I got it. I think I have 25 flight on it. I could do more being on electric. I'll decide by this weekend what I do.

Cory
Jul 27, 2011, 03:51 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DBobz
i thank i might be becoming more of a extra person than a slick person
Funny you said that. Me and my brother Nick were talking about that the other day. We both agreed that the extra would suit you better than a the slick. Looks like we might have been right
Jul 27, 2011, 03:52 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC4x4
DLE30 coming off.

Cory

on 8S, a 17x8 Xoar is plenty and gives extra flight time... I can heat the motor up enough as it is with that prop and it rocks. 18x8 and even 19x8 can be used, and gives absurd amounts of power but for very reduced flight times... needs throttle management and has to be cooled down afterwards

Joe is flying the same motor on a 19x8 on 6S... I need to give it a try, but I am super happy with the current rig.
Jul 27, 2011, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic
Funny you said that. Me and my brother Nick were talking about that the other day. We both agreed that the extra would suit you better than a the slick. Looks like we might have been right
ha ya i like the way it flies. Maybe the 87 shp is in my future.

I might try to fly with nick next week since i will be at the beach
Jul 27, 2011, 06:59 PM
Up,Up!up!!up!!!
Does anyone know what servo arm goes on the savox digital servo?

Thanks,
Nick
Jul 27, 2011, 07:05 PM
Savox are Futaba spline, aren't they?
Jul 27, 2011, 07:19 PM
Irg
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Quote:
on 8S, a 17x8 Xoar is plenty and gives extra flight time... I can heat the motor up enough as it is with that prop and it rocks. 18x8 and even 19x8 can be used, and gives absurd amounts of power but for very reduced flight times... needs throttle management and has to be cooled down afterwards

Joe is flying the same motor on a 19x8 on 6S... I need to give it a try, but I am super happy with the current rig.
really 19x8?

mine is same setup except 20x10 (and ICE 100), and I like it but it's not absurd .
Jul 27, 2011, 07:28 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
yup, the full size Savox servos are Futaba spline. they do make a nice little packet of large 3D sized servo arms similar to the dubros... http://www.savoxusa.com/Savox_SH40_S..._p/savsh40.htm

...they're what I'm using on my 72 (put washers either side of the screw/nut to make sure they don't split, just like the dubros and hitecs). Any Futaba arm will work though.
Jul 27, 2011, 07:29 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg
really 19x8?

mine is same setup except 20x10 (and ICE 100), and I like it but it's not absurd .
I haven't tried it, but under the impression that Joe was happy on 6S with that prop...
Jul 27, 2011, 07:34 PM
Irg
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Quote:
I haven't tried it, but under the impression that Joe was happy on 6S with that prop...
I thought he said in his FG review that he tried 6s and it didn't do it for him, but I could be wrong.

I just scored some more 40c 6s 4000 packs and am looking forward to getting a new wing from Ben. the 72 on 6s 4000 is really floaty.

Quick Reply