Oct 16, 2011, 02:05 PM

Resoldering battery leads

Just wondering if anyone can confirm where the battery leads attach to the PCB or provide a photo of theirs if it's the same as the one below.

My son took a battery out and took the wires with it. But I can't tell where they reattach. I've seen a few photos that people have posted here and googled for others and found a few of the spitty and stang but everyone's boards appear slightly differently, but particularly the spitty's.

The one in our P51 is the first picture and the wires I'm sure were attached on top of this board. The closest I found to this was from the hobby lobby site showing a replacement, pictured 2nd. Except it has the 3 extra pin sockets a few here have spoken of, plus there's minor changes in board layout. But comparing the two I'm assuming my leads will go into a similar spot, where there's a black glue blob. But thanks to the white glue blob on the HL example I can't tell where +ve and -ve goes. Any ideas?

to remove ads between posts
Aug 22, 2012, 11:51 PM
Not too long after I got my Spitfire, the motor wouldn't spin anymore. The throttle axis on the Tx no longer has any friction when you move it (and doesn't re-center), so that's probably the problem. Does anyone know what would cause that and if it can be repaired? The transmitter sticks go into small gimbal boxes that look like they have to be unsoldered to take apart.

Or, does anyone have a Tx they don't need anymore? I'm sure there are many of these planes dead and buried by now.

Quick Reply