Thread Tools
Oct 31, 2009, 09:43 AM
"Add Lightness"..Colin Chapman
Yeah....

Who's going to be the 1st?
THese look pretty cool.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 31, 2009, 09:53 AM
Master of Flying Wings......
Are you all forgetting that its a HELL of alot cheaper than the PZ mustnag?
Oct 31, 2009, 10:48 AM
Checking CG is for NERDS!
Smokescreen38's Avatar
Good call, flyinwing12.
How much is DSM2 and a rudder worth to us?

Im happy with the PZ Stang but it has some problems...so it's good that they're getting a run for their money.
Oct 31, 2009, 10:55 AM
Off we go.............
SabreHawk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingwing12
Are you all forgetting that its a HELL of alot cheaper than the PZ mustnag?
Heh, well sure it is. It's missing a channel/control surface, and a steerable tailwheel. That seem to be about 20-30 bucks worth.

It is a nice looking Stang, and im sure it flies well. But for me, any airplane has got to have a fuctional rudder. So for me, it's got to be the PZ.
Oct 31, 2009, 11:46 AM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
modfly's Avatar
Well, it may be possible to add a rudder and steering tail wheel. Depends on the rx. Would be nice to see some data on the radio system. I'm wondering if it has separate servos or is a brick like the PZ setup.

A steering tail wheel can be added with linkage to the ailerons.
Nov 01, 2009, 12:02 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
kydawg1's Avatar
As a P51 junkie.......I have a PKZ P51 now, but still need this one too. Bring it.
Nov 01, 2009, 07:24 AM
flying beam
blackmoon's Avatar
subscribed
Nov 01, 2009, 08:05 AM
Registered User

I've checked it out closely...


and seen it fly in person. It's roughly the same size as the Parkzone P-51, maybe 1/2" bigger wingspan. It's actually, "prettier" than the PZ with a better finish, clear cockpit & more scale-looking landing gear.

I didn't look inside the fuse, but was told it has "real" servos. It is 2.4 ghz (not compatible with Spektrum) and comes with it's own transmitter. I already own the PZ micro P-51 so I don't need this one, but the Spitfire is a beauty so it does tempt me.

It does lack a rudder and the tailwheel is in the scale position, so it would take quite a bit to add a rudder and move the tailwheel. Honestly, unless you just enjoy bashing these kits, it would be silly to add the weight necessary to do all that. Also, a rudder is totally unnecessary on these micros.

It performs in a similar manner to the PZ P-51 ie, not real fast, slow roll rates, etc, but is fun to buzz around in a small area.
Nov 01, 2009, 09:48 AM
Registered User
reverse.sensin's Avatar
I like that these companies are all jumping on the Ultra Micros bandwagon, it is definately the future. I wish that Hobby Lobby knowing that everybody has the E-Flite and PZ setups continued with the same compatible gear. At least make them spektrum friendly, I understand if you want to have a different battery setup so you can make people buy your batteries, common. Both planes look good though!
Nov 01, 2009, 10:08 AM
Wisdom can not be granted.
Orion Pax's Avatar
I think this competition is great and will be in our favor. Bet you anything we see a twin real soon. This can only benefit us.
Nov 01, 2009, 10:32 AM
Registered User
Given that I dished out money for a dx7, I can't see myself buying anything that has it's own tx.
Nov 01, 2009, 10:43 AM
Registered User
reverse.sensin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner_969
Given that I dished out money for a dx7, I can't see myself buying anything that has it's own tx.
I did the exact same thing (I love the DX7) but I want to stick with the spektrum setup.

Im not sure that having different battery setups will benefit all of us. I agree with the competition though
Nov 01, 2009, 12:26 PM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
modfly's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebeljim
and seen it fly in person. It's roughly the same size as the Parkzone P-51, maybe 1/2" bigger wingspan. It's actually, "prettier" than the PZ with a better finish, clear cockpit & more scale-looking landing gear.

I didn't look inside the fuse, but was told it has "real" servos. It is 2.4 ghz (not compatible with Spektrum) and comes with it's own transmitter. I already own the PZ micro P-51 so I don't need this one, but the Spitfire is a beauty so it does tempt me.

It does lack a rudder and the tailwheel is in the scale position, so it would take quite a bit to add a rudder and move the tailwheel. Honestly, unless you just enjoy bashing these kits, it would be silly to add the weight necessary to do all that. Also, a rudder is totally unnecessary on these micros.

It performs in a similar manner to the PZ P-51 ie, not real fast, slow roll rates, etc, but is fun to buzz around in a small area.
Well, thanks for the review but I totally disagree that a rudder is unnecessary on these micros. Not only can you do more precise moves in the air using rudder coordinated with ailerons etc, but you can also steer the plane on the ground. You must like to fetch your plane. I do not and I also think adding a rudder will not be that difficult.
Nov 01, 2009, 12:31 PM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
modfly's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse.sensin
I like that these companies are all jumping on the Ultra Micros bandwagon, it is definately the future. I wish that Hobby Lobby knowing that everybody has the E-Flite and PZ setups continued with the same compatible gear. At least make them spektrum friendly, I understand if you want to have a different battery setup so you can make people buy your batteries, common. Both planes look good though!
Actually what makes this plane interesting to me is that the radio gear is different. If it has separate servos then they must be very small. I kind of like the idea of separate servos as long as they are light weight and small. I will get one or two just because its different and new.
Nov 01, 2009, 01:15 PM
Once crash at a time
Bowerz's Avatar
They will be the 2.5g servo's i think


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Alert Parkzone Ultra Micro P-51 LVC pulses the motor before it should modfly Micro Ready-to-Fly 1099 Jun 02, 2011 08:48 PM
Discussion Hobby Lobby Micro P-51 and Spitfire Petefoss Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 3 Oct 25, 2009 04:38 PM
Sold Parkzone Ultra Micro P-51 RTF PatternFlyer Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Oct 07, 2009 06:09 PM
New Product Parkzone Ultra-Micro P-51 BNF tallflyer Foamies (Kits) 5 Sep 05, 2009 11:20 PM
New Product Parkzone Ultra Micro P-51! 4ch DSM2 control! BNF and RTF! all4smallrc Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 2 Aug 29, 2009 02:16 PM