Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Dec 19, 2012, 10:18 PM
Registered User
rhampton !! You got to stop buying all the gliders in classifieds !! That Optima 2.2m is mine !
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 20, 2012, 05:22 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd
rhampton !! You got to stop buying all the gliders in classifieds !! That Optima 2.2m is mine !
already got UPS Tracking#......LOL...hehe..just kiddn...no i'm not buying that one.....but mannn, i live in that Classifieds Sailplane area....Always looking for something new. It's what u call an addiction.......i wish someone would post a glider like that with an electric motor and free shipping....THEN i think we could have some issues fightin over that......lol..


Hey let me ask you.,,,,i normally Fly my Diamond 2500 on a 3s 2200 - 2600mah Lipo...It flies great,,,has decent Climb but lately i have been feeling the need for more power...
Can this same motor handle a 4s? i understand i would need to swap Esc and maybe put a 60a in the brd....but will the motor handle it comfortably? Any threat to structure of glider? I'm not sure i'll switch cause it flies great on 3 but i can use a little more climbing power..
Dec 20, 2012, 12:12 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhampton
already got UPS Tracking#......LOL...hehe..just kiddn...no i'm not buying that one.....but mannn, i live in that Classifieds Sailplane area....Always looking for something new. It's what u call an addiction.......i wish someone would post a glider like that with an electric motor and free shipping....THEN i think we could have some issues fightin over that......lol..


Hey let me ask you.,,,,i normally Fly my Diamond 2500 on a 3s 2200 - 2600mah Lipo...It flies great,,,has decent Climb but lately i have been feeling the need for more power...
Can this same motor handle a 4s? i understand i would need to swap Esc and maybe put a 60a in the brd....but will the motor handle it comfortably? Any threat to structure of glider? I'm not sure i'll switch cause it flies great on 3 but i can use a little more climbing power..
I have enough planes for awhile,that glider would be nice as far as 4s battery, from what i read earlier in this thread the banana hobby and nitroplane diamond are really the same motor and will handle a 4s battery with a new esc. the used one i have has a 4s and the other is like yours has a 3s.
Dec 20, 2012, 12:46 PM
Registered User
So on your 4s version r u using a 60a esc? Or 80
Dec 20, 2012, 04:18 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhampton
So on your 4s version r u using a 60a esc? Or 80
It is a 60 amp esc. and the Lipo i bought for it is a 2650 4s
Last edited by fastfwd; Dec 21, 2012 at 01:20 PM.
Dec 21, 2012, 09:57 PM
Registered User
gotta love that light Spackle ! had some small pieces missing on wings,filled with spackle and sanded with very light sand paper and poof smooth as glass by the way nitroplanes has them in stock again, in this video he says you can get more performance with 60 amp esc and 4s lipo.so motor is fine for that. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=o4tIqzL_T3o
Last edited by fastfwd; Dec 21, 2012 at 10:59 PM.
Dec 22, 2012, 06:40 PM
.: Looking for Thermals :.
Ricardo RW's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhampton

Hey let me ask you.,,,,i normally Fly my Diamond 2500 on a 3s 2200 - 2600mah Lipo...It flies great,,,has decent Climb but lately i have been feeling the need for more power...
Can this same motor handle a 4s? i understand i would need to swap Esc and maybe put a 60a in the brd....but will the motor handle it comfortably? Any threat to structure of glider? I'm not sure i'll switch cause it flies great on 3 but i can use a little more climbing power..
Go for 4S Lipo. Beware of CG, I had to put some weight on the tail to get the right CG. Especially for my 4400 mAH batt.

With 4S the climb is fast. With stock prop. the motor sucks 40 to 43 amps.

Good bird anyway.
Dec 22, 2012, 06:47 PM
Registered User
Thanks.....i may just do that , but i probably will use a 2600mah 4s Lipo..i seem to get plenty of flight time with anything under 3000mah...
one thing i dont like about this bird is that she is on the heavy side...i'm hoping moving to a 4s 60a esc doesn't increase the weight too much...
Dec 22, 2012, 07:28 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhampton
Thanks.....i may just do that , but i probably will use a 2600mah 4s Lipo..i seem to get plenty of flight time with anything under 3000mah...
one thing i dont like about this bird is that she is on the heavy side...i'm hoping moving to a 4s 60a esc doesn't increase the weight too much...
2600 4s is plenty and the stock diamond from banana has a 2500 4s and no CG issues i have a good 60 amp esc with 5 amp sbec built in on the way
Dec 22, 2012, 07:33 PM
Registered User
I have 4s 8800mah on my D2500 and also no CG issues
Dec 22, 2012, 10:29 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF_ATL
I have 4s 8800mah on my D2500 and also no CG issues
wow ! how long can you fly with that ?
Dec 23, 2012, 05:36 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd
wow ! how long can you fly with that ?
My Goodness...for real....that's a pretty heafty battery....i never even heard of such a Mah on a Lipo....how long does it take to charge that bad boi..
Dec 23, 2012, 06:29 AM
Registered User
I have 2x 4S 4400mah and I use my D2500 for fpv, thus so much battery...
I get around ~1h 20min flight times, depending on weather conditions of course...
Dec 23, 2012, 12:05 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF_ATL
I have 2x 4S 4400mah and I use my D2500 for fpv, thus so much battery...
I get around ~1h 20min flight times, depending on weather conditions of course...
Ahh so it is not stock plane ? has some things added to counter balance that much battery .. ??
Dec 23, 2012, 01:48 PM
Registered User
I have upgraded the motor, ESC and servos.
I have GPS tracker and logger, as well as vtx on the back...


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Art-Tech EF2000 any one have it j3tman Foamy EDFs 2 Oct 24, 2009 09:42 AM
Discussion art tech spitfire bomb! (: kieran3008 Electric Warbirds 2 Oct 15, 2009 05:57 PM
Help! Art-tech Yak 54 Center of Gravity Midknight69 Electric Plane Talk 3 Oct 14, 2009 09:21 PM
Discussion art tech spitfire ***** kieran3008 Electric Warbirds 0 Oct 12, 2009 02:21 PM