Oct 30, 2009, 05:41 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

diamond 2500 from art tech

has anyone flown or own one. it is a epp foam glider with about a 96" wingspan, it looks very nice.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 30, 2009, 09:34 AM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
Links are welcome......
Dec 23, 2009, 03:57 PM
http://www.bananahobby.com/1985.html
Feb 13, 2010, 12:50 AM

Banana Hobby Diamond 2500 Electric Glider

This full house powered glider sure looks nice. I've been eyeing this plane as it looks comparable to the Multiplex Cularis, without the cost. I'm waiting for a few reviews to pop up before I commit to purchase.
Mar 23, 2010, 05:56 PM
That makes two of us!
Mar 24, 2010, 07:43 PM
I currently have one on order from BH, and IF and when I get it will report my findings.
Mar 25, 2010, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa6rxm
I currently have one on order from BH, and IF and when I get it will report my findings.
I know Banana Hobby has them in stock but which company is "IF"? Have you ordered from BH before. I've read some posts that they are not too reliable.
Mar 25, 2010, 05:24 PM
Yes, I did have a bad experience with them, but they SEEM to have improved things a little there... as I said I will see how soon and IF I even get that Glider!
Mar 25, 2010, 07:23 PM
eflyguy
I have never heard anything positive about bananahobby or the virtually unknown models they sell..

I can't understand how they stay in business..
..a
Mar 26, 2010, 11:49 AM
Well, they sell a lot of cheap Chinese kits, but every once in a while a "diamond" in the rough appears there. I am hoping that the DA 2500 turns out to be one of those.

I have had Graupneur spoilers for my Radian on "back order" for MONTHS now to add to my Radian. I have a area to fly in which allows me to take off OK but I really need to control the landings because of the small size of the area.

The combo of flaps with down elevator should allow me to do this.
Mar 26, 2010, 01:21 PM
eflyguy
Backorder where? They appear to be in stock at Hobby Lobby..
..a
Mar 26, 2010, 01:26 PM
AFTER you sign up to buy a set, you go on "back order" until mid-April...

Oh, by the way, I just received a notice of shipment from BH, so should be getting the other glider in a few days. UPS Ground from LA to here is pretty fast. Anticipated delivery is for Monday the 29th.
Last edited by wa6rxm; Mar 26, 2010 at 03:15 PM.
Mar 29, 2010, 05:21 PM
Got the Diamond 2500 today - three day shipment from BH UPS. No damage in transit. Just in the process of opening it up now. The wing stiffener is an aluminium rod. Looks nice. Assembly, per the instruction book, looks to be minimal. The flap deflection and speed of deployment appears to be adjustable with a separate control - nice feature. More to come...
Last edited by wa6rxm; Mar 29, 2010 at 06:32 PM.
Mar 30, 2010, 09:04 AM
Any pics???
Mar 30, 2010, 05:16 PM
Gasbags & Gussets

It flys well....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aientonni
This full house powered glider sure looks nice. I've been eyeing this plane as it looks comparable to the Multiplex Cularis, without the cost. I'm waiting for a few reviews to pop up before I commit to purchase.
This weekend a fellow brought out a e-powered version and i was impressed with the looks, material, and flying characteristics. The foam seems to be firmer than the Multiplex type ( i am assuming it is the semi-flexible type and not rigid type) and the model itself is quite large. The finish on the foam is sort of semi-gloss coat and the paint 'splats' were attractive.

It looks more like a scale plane than a uber T&D moldie. There are two 1/4" type pins that enter from the top of the fuse, at the wing, to secure the wing halves.

The model was set up for A/R/E/F/Throttle and 2 servos per wing panel.

It accelerated from hand launch with authority on a medium size motor (don't know the KW's) and folding propeller with a large 3s battery. It didn't glide slowly like an OlyII but would be quite comfortable for anyone who has flown a RES ship for awhile. The flaps worked as one would need and the coolest part - aside from the looks - was the wheel to land on. That is a fuse saver !!

If you bought one i think you will like it. His flew as is without Tx/Rx for a bit under 300.00. Not a bad price for all that you get in a large e-power semi-scale ship.

john s.

PS - edit- Regarding the BH pics, the model looks exactly like the BH link above so no surprise. The fuse is larger than we are all used to having so that is nice. The owner said he just got his last week so i guess they are shipping - for "real"
Last edited by jswain; Mar 30, 2010 at 05:29 PM.

Quick Reply