This thread is privately moderated by Tram, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 29, 2009, 12:10 AM
Fly it like you stole it..
Thread OP
Discussion

Bandit in for repair..

Well.. I've been looking for a FVK Bandit for a while and they go so fast that I was having a hard time, so I wound up finding a "previously bashed" one for pennies.. Extremely cheap, so I bought it thinking I would just fix it and learn something in the process..

I haven't done much fiberglass repair, but the damage looked slight enough that I thought I'd tackle it..

Dave or shhhhh! here on the groups does these repairs for decent trades, so if you have a busted bird you don't want to fix yourself, shoot Dave a message..

I'll be trying to repair mine soon..

Need to snag some Z-poxy and some micro balloons..
to remove ads between posts
Oct 30, 2009, 04:37 PM
Yes..ok..maybe..lol.....
Looking good Tram!!
Oct 30, 2009, 05:00 PM
Thread OP
Yeh, she'll look a lot better when I get done.. LOL..

I need to decide on the power setup..

Planning an ICE 100 ESC.. I was thinkin' about the Turnigy setup, but they are out of stock.. May be forced to try and find a Neu..
Oct 31, 2009, 12:41 AM
Thread OP
Got a little work done tonight.. I'll have to take some pics tomorrow..

Took the horizontal off in preparation for the rest of the work. CA'd the cracks back and sanded it down some, just for grins.. It's going to be a decently easy repair I think..

Still debating 2 layers of .75 or 1 layer of 1.5oz cloth.. I also still need to order some Z-Poxy and balloons.. Maybe I'll do that in a minute..

Motor choice is killing me though.. I like the efficiency of the Neu.. I like the cost of the Turnigy..
Last edited by Tram; Oct 31, 2009 at 11:12 AM.
Nov 06, 2009, 05:58 PM

question

Tram,
Saw an old thread about you selling part of an amazing collection of diecast - just wondering if you are still doing that.
Thanks,
C
Nov 06, 2009, 07:06 PM
Thread OP
I still have a ton around.. Just decided to go from 1/72 to 1/48.. They look better in my bookcase..

Quick Reply