Thread Tools
Jun 20, 2010, 04:44 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Eagle34's Avatar
UNGN where do you get these spare Suhkoi parts?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 20, 2010, 07:20 AM
Power Wheels Guru
UNGN's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle34 View Post
UNGN where do you get these spare Suhkoi parts?
Spare Sukhois.

Actually, I bought the bellcranks at the LHS for $1.50 each. Part number PKZ3523.

You can also buy them off Ebay for about $3.50 shipped
Jun 20, 2010, 07:41 AM
Suspended Account
how bout that for an answer
Jun 20, 2010, 07:42 AM
Registered User
taekwondo's Avatar
what do you guys think for what size prop should I use with the park 250 and a 2 cell. I'm leaning towards a 7X6, but a second opinion wouldn;t hurt. Here are the specs:
Type: Brushless outrunner
Size: Upgrade for 180-size
Bearings or Bushings: Two 2 x 5 x 2.5mm Bearings
Recommended Prop Range: 5.5 x 4.5–8 x 6 Slow Flyer
Voltage: 6–8.4V
RPM/Volt (Kv): 2200
Resistance (Ri): .25 ohms
Idle Current (Io): .45A
Continuous Current: 7A
Maximum Burst Current: 8A (15 sec)
Cells: 6 Ni-MH/Ni-Cd or 2 Li-Po
Speed Control: 6A–10A brushless
Weight: 14 g (0.5 oz)
Overall Diameter: 22mm (.85 in)
Overall Length: 23mm (.90 in)
Jun 20, 2010, 08:33 AM
Registered User
taekwondo's Avatar
I found a 6 x 4 and put it on. It seems like it will have more than enough power. What a pain to get the little prop on that prop adapter. Seems kind of flimsy to me. We'll see how she does, if I have to bump up to a larger prop, I will. But the 6 x 4 seems like a good choice for now. Need to check the cg, which I forgot about as well, should have improved drastically. I like this new size motor, don't know how I did without it before.
Jun 20, 2010, 08:40 AM
Registered User
taekwondo's Avatar
the CG is perfect, just slightly nose heavy. sweetness, I can maiden her next saturday.
Jun 20, 2010, 08:55 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by taekwondo View Post
what do you guys think for what size prop should I use with the park 250 and a 2 cell. I'm leaning towards a 7X6, but a second opinion wouldn;t hurt. Here are the specs:
Type: Brushless outrunner
Size: Upgrade for 180-size
Bearings or Bushings: Two 2 x 5 x 2.5mm Bearings
Recommended Prop Range: 5.5 x 4.5–8 x 6 Slow Flyer
Voltage: 6–8.4V
RPM/Volt (Kv): 2200
Resistance (Ri): .25 ohms
Idle Current (Io): .45A
Continuous Current: 7A
Maximum Burst Current: 8A (15 sec)
Cells: 6 Ni-MH/Ni-Cd or 2 Li-Po
Speed Control: 6A–10A brushless
Weight: 14 g (0.5 oz)
Overall Diameter: 22mm (.85 in)
Overall Length: 23mm (.90 in)
Ive worked with a 7x6 on another project. you won't need that much pitch on those planes. only thing you will achieve is more amp draw that will drain your battery faster. I would agree with taekwondo for the prop... 6x4 should work fine
Last edited by pavcon; Jun 20, 2010 at 09:56 AM.
Jun 20, 2010, 08:58 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Eagle34's Avatar
UNGN man that is some box of busted up planes! Great idea for what you are doing with them though.
Jun 20, 2010, 09:48 AM
Registered User
taekwondo's Avatar
Thanks for the recommendation Pavcon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
Ive worked with a 7x6 on another project. you won't need that much pitch on those planes. only thing you will manage is more amp draw that will drain your battery faster. I would agree with taekwondo for the prop... 6x4 should work fine
Jun 20, 2010, 03:09 PM
Registered User
madmike8's Avatar
Hmmm... The Stock motor with stock prop doesn't seem to have too much pull... The 300mah lipo hand launched only had enough power for a power assisted landing... Tried a 800mah pack and seemed to have enough power to fly it... until the prop flew off... I forgot to bring the second prop so, I called it a day... Not sure if it's the brushed motor not broke in, or I need to try a different prop. Either way I'm off to the search button to see what I can dig up.

BTW RC Timer 3.5g servos have a lot of travel. I had set the control rods on the outside hole of the servo and the middle of the stock control horn. I had about 55 degrees of deflection.... Laugh... I set the end points down to 60 percent...
Jun 20, 2010, 03:30 PM
CV-15 VB-16
giuseppi's Avatar
Hey Madmike,

I'm gonna build a P-40 that's been under the bed for a couple of years now and I'm going with the stock motor. I'll go back and check the original threads for the information on weight with the stock motor ( as there were guys successfully flyin' 'em that way ) but I'd really like to know what yours weighs with the battery and all.

If I remember correctly you want to be four ounces (maybe it was 4 1/2 ) or less with a stock motor. Weight is a definite issue when using the stock motor.

Also, you may be correct that the motor needs breaking in.
Jun 20, 2010, 04:02 PM
Power Wheels Guru
UNGN's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle34 View Post
UNGN man that is some box of busted up planes! Great idea for what you are doing with them though.
I bought 6 broken Sukhois off E-bay for about $130 shipped & I got 3 usable airframes needing tails, 5 good bricks, 5 good servos, 3 RTF TX's, 3 extra good wings + misc motors gearboxes and chargers.

I also bought 6 Mustangs for $195 shipped which I got 2 DX5's, 2 RTF TX's and enough stuff to make 2 good Mustangs + a P-82 Twin Mustang & have Bricks, servos and P-51 motors left over for My other Micros.
Jun 20, 2010, 04:26 PM
Suspended Account
ohhh my personal favourite P51
Jun 20, 2010, 04:49 PM
Power Wheels Guru
UNGN's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by giuseppi View Post
Hey Madmike,

I'm gonna build a P-40 that's been under the bed for a couple of years now and I'm going with the stock motor. I'll go back and check the original threads for the information on weight with the stock motor ( as there were guys successfully flyin' 'em that way ) but I'd really like to know what yours weighs with the battery and all.

If I remember correctly you want to be four ounces (maybe it was 4 1/2 ) or less with a stock motor. Weight is a definite issue when using the stock motor.

Also, you may be correct that the motor needs breaking in.
Make it with Ailerons. I wasn't happy at all with the way my Rudder/Elevator P-40 flew.

It would drop a wing and take 15 feet of altitude to recover.
Jun 20, 2010, 08:37 PM
Not enough hours in the day
Slaanesh's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmike8 View Post
Hmmm... The Stock motor with stock prop doesn't seem to have too much pull... until the prop flew off...
I was wondering about the stock motor and how the prop simply pushes on... and that's it! If I was going to use this method I'd put a single drop of CA to help hold it in place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
I bought 6 broken Sukhois off E-bay for about $130 shipped & I got 3 usable airframes needing tails, 5 good bricks, 5 good servos, 3 RTF TX's, 3 extra good wings + misc motors gearboxes and chargers.

I also bought 6 Mustangs for $195 shipped which I got 2 DX5's, 2 RTF TX's and enough stuff to make 2 good Mustangs + a P-82 Twin Mustang & have Bricks, servos and P-51 motors left over for My other Micros.
I've seen these auctions on eBay and looked at them with green envy. I'm in Australia and the shipping makes the deal not worthy.
Surely you must have a spare brick you'd like to sell to me?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Banana Hobby A-10 Center of Gravity aileronjack The Builders Workshop 1 Nov 03, 2009 02:00 PM
Sold Three cox micro-warbirds plus futaba radio for sale burkefj Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 8 Oct 28, 2009 12:32 PM
For Sale Cox Micro warbirds for sale skyforcecapt Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Oct 11, 2009 10:19 AM
For Sale Cox Micro Warbirds for sale skyforcecapt Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Oct 11, 2009 10:18 AM