New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Nov 23, 2009, 07:25 PM
[]TEX[] is offline
Find More Posts by []TEX[]
Registered User
Website update:

Currently the website will function for US residents only.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2009, 07:26 PM
Hal_The_Hacker is offline
Find More Posts by Hal_The_Hacker
I Can Fly An FP Inverted!
Hal_The_Hacker's Avatar
how ridiculous

any idea when (if) it will be avaliable to those outside the US?
Old Nov 23, 2009, 07:28 PM
[]TEX[] is offline
Find More Posts by []TEX[]
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal_The_Hacker View Post
how ridiculous

any idea when (if) it will be avaliable to those outside the US?
Sorry for that inconvenience, I have no control over that.

As for a date, there isn't one.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 10:00 PM
RAFster is online now
Find More Posts by RAFster
Registered User
For those outside the US it is time to get your buddies who live in the US to serve as middle men. The cost will be higher as a result of two shipping fees but, you have to pay for the desire to have it immediately.
Guess you could talk your local hobby shop to order for you if they could work out a deal with gravity hobbies directly.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 11:15 PM
UNGN is offline
Find More Posts by UNGN
Power Wheels Guru
UNGN's Avatar
Tex,

When will spare parts, like tail surfaces and wings be available?
Old Nov 24, 2009, 04:40 AM
Merkava is offline
Find More Posts by Merkava
Registered User
Merkava's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by []TEX[] View Post
Website update:

Currently the website will function for US residents only.
Lame, talk about a backwards step, must be why they don't respond to emails either (I sent one about a week ago).

Oh well, less sales for them. Shipping is shipping, doesn't matter if it's local, within a state, state to state or international. Pretty sad for a business really.

World Wide Web.... hehehe!
Old Nov 24, 2009, 07:52 AM
[]TEX[] is offline
Find More Posts by []TEX[]
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
Tex,

When will spare parts, like tail surfaces and wings be available?
Since the kits are priced so low, there are no plans for spare parts right now for the warbirds.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 07:54 AM
[]TEX[] is offline
Find More Posts by []TEX[]
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
Lame, talk about a backwards step, must be why they don't respond to emails either (I sent one about a week ago).

Oh well, less sales for them. Shipping is shipping, doesn't matter if it's local, within a state, state to state or international. Pretty sad for a business really.

World Wide Web.... hehehe!
There's more than one guy running the show here and this issue has been brought up several times.

I, along with a few others, are working on fixing this.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 08:05 AM
[]TEX[] is offline
Find More Posts by []TEX[]
Registered User
P-38 Lightning

I have started discussions for P-38 production, since it is a Lockheed product there is a bit of red tape. We are working on it.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 08:06 AM
Joe 1320 is offline
Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Registered User
Joe 1320's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by []TEX[] View Post
P-38 Lightning

I have started discussions for P-38 production, since it is a Lockheed product there is a bit of red tape. We are working on it.
Fantastic!
Old Nov 24, 2009, 02:24 PM
[]TEX[] is offline
Find More Posts by []TEX[]
Registered User

P-38 status update


After some more discussion today.

P-38, the 3D files are at the factory and it is on the list to manufacture.

Licensing is our next step ATM.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 07:32 AM
Joe 1320 is offline
Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Registered User
Joe 1320's Avatar
Strange..... I sent a few PMs, one regarding local pickup. i figured since the warehouse was here in Florida and I travel a bit, I could save on shipping. I get a response from TEX.......

"I am not in Fla and I doubt they will allow wrhs pick up.

Everything is in China ATM."


I thought you said these were manufactered here in the states and not china?


Since I got shut out from Cox's end demise, I've attempted to forge some sort of communication as I'm excited about these coming back, but I get the feeling of being brushed off. Sad, considering how far these birds have come in the hands of those who aren't the maker. Now we see the start of shills that are spamming this site with ads for Gravity Hobby.

Please say it isn't so............
Old Nov 25, 2009, 08:16 AM
Merkava is offline
Find More Posts by Merkava
Registered User
Merkava's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe 1320 View Post
Strange..... I sent a few PMs, one regarding local pickup. i figured since the warehouse was here in Florida and I travel a bit, I could save on shipping. I get a response from TEX.......

"I am not in Fla and I doubt they will allow wrhs pick up.

Everything is in China ATM."


I thought you said these were manufactered here in the states and not china?


Since I got shut out from Cox's end demise, I've attempted to forge some sort of communication as I'm excited about these coming back, but I get the feeling of being brushed off. Sad, considering how far these birds have come in the hands of those who aren't the maker. Now we see the start of shills that are spamming this site with ads for Gravity Hobby.

Edit point...

Joe 1320, I only came across your conversion post's, thread, blog, whatever on here the other day, nice stuff. Hopefully, you'll get some sort of answer from these fella's.

Please say it isn't so............
So what do we have here, I thought the original gravity hobby website mentioned, or was usa based. Are we perhaps looking at a 'front' or 'face' so they can say they are a USA based business??

I personally couldn't care where they are, but if they begin spamming the boards with post(s) like someone else has mentioned in the Cox Micro Warbird II thread, then they aren't going to win any friends round these parts me-thinks.

Maybe, TEX or someone should just post what the real deal is, honesty will gain them more friends on these boards than 'bullsh*ting' everyone.

They blatent advertising threads and post's should stop though. It stinks of the random spammer's that come in here (rcgroups) from time to time post crap rapidly then get banned, if these guy(s) / company are legit they don't need this kind of perception following them around on here.

Edit Point...

Joe 1320, I only came across your various posts and threads etc on your conversions a week or so ago, nice stuff. Hopefully, these guy's will respond in the positive to your request(s) soon enough.
Last edited by Merkava; Nov 25, 2009 at 08:22 AM.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 10:08 AM
Joe 1320 is offline
Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Registered User
Joe 1320's Avatar
So.... here's an interesting post:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...61&postcount=1


Just great, here we were led to believe that this was a US company.



https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1896

Does the above post allude to the basement being in China or the USA?


If I place an order on your website, being that the warehouse is in Miami..... how long will it take before I get my order considering I am 2.5 hours away?

I really want to be able to believe in you guys...........
Last edited by Joe 1320; Nov 25, 2009 at 10:17 AM.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 10:18 AM
RAFster is online now
Find More Posts by RAFster
Registered User
That was provided by post 1896 in the Cox Micro Warbird thread (now closed) where Tex said it was like having the injection molding equip in your basement...they did it all. And since he is in Illinois, according to his location...

US company that owns a china manufacturer? or vise versa...

Glad the micro warbirds will be back...

David


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Banana Hobby A-10 Center of Gravity aileronjack The Builders Workshop 1 Nov 03, 2009 03:00 PM
Sold Three cox micro-warbirds plus futaba radio for sale burkefj Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 8 Oct 28, 2009 01:32 PM
For Sale Cox Micro warbirds for sale skyforcecapt Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Oct 11, 2009 11:19 AM
For Sale Cox Micro Warbirds for sale skyforcecapt Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Oct 11, 2009 11:18 AM