Gravity Hobby Classic Warbirds(previously COX Warbirds) - Page 15 - RC Groups
Dec 19, 2009, 06:51 PM
I have that 11 gram motor but haven't used mine. I just threw a Park 250 into my spitfire. This should be fun....=)
to remove ads between posts
Dec 19, 2009, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_D
Really? So no huge need to use ailerons?
Nope, not a huge need. I should really post my video of
my Corsair flying indoors. Don't get me wrong, just because
I don't have ailerons doesn't mean I won't put them in another model at
some point in the near future.
Dec 19, 2009, 09:10 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatman
Tex,
Are you cutting hatches for lipo access in your warbirds?
I would. If you put strips of CF at the hatch opening, you don't weaken the structure too much, if at all.
Dec 19, 2009, 10:37 PM
PSALM 14:1
Quote:
Originally Posted by smasher41
here ya go!

If it flies well, I plan to add a 2 cel lipo pack that weighs about the same as the stock nimh, as well as a lipo speed control for proper LVC

Also I plan to use some carbon fiber rod and small wheels, probably from a gillows FF plane to put 4 wheels in back and 1 in front. We have a nice long parking lot beside the soccer field at the park i fly at
Did you fly your Cargo plane yet Smasher?
Dec 20, 2009, 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy70
Did you fly your Cargo plane yet Smasher?
Nope, I jinxed myself, Had friday off and it rained all day and night, and today I worked 9am to 8pm, and there was winds off excess of 14mph. If it is calm tomarrow or monday I will be able to try it

However, in the mean time Im looking into possible options of a "drop in" size 2 cell lipo pack. THe battery tray area appears to be able to be "popped" out with a little force to break the glue, without damaging the body, should make install of a larger battery much easier.

The real problem is my mustang seems running out of room to carry planes!! with a totally full trunk, back seat, and passanger seat when driving to the field.
Dec 20, 2009, 11:11 AM
So Cal FPV Aviator
So anyones elses thoughts on motor choices?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeFlyPlanes
Hey guys so my mustang came in yesterday, looks great. Ordered Saturday cam in following Friday, from Florida to Cali. Not bad. Anyways I've got 2 motors here and I'm still deciding which one to put in. Both on a 3 cell lipo & 4025 prop..

One is 2200kv @ 9.2g with 145g of thrust.
http://hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store...rust_Outrunner

And the other is 3500kv @ 11g with 220g of thrust.
http://hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store..._3500kv_(11g)#

I'm thinkin the 3500kv motor, it's like 2 grams heavier for 75g more thrust. Seems to make sense.

Thoughts?

Also I've got the ar6300 rx @ 2 grams
2 x 3.7g servos
8a esc @ 7 grams

what should be my auw?
Dec 20, 2009, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatman
Tex,
Are you cutting hatches for lipo access in your warbirds?
No I modify the fuse to easily remove the battery through the wing attaches. I can post pics if you'd like. Very simple mod.
Dec 20, 2009, 12:54 PM
AAces High

Questions

I'm still really new to this stuff. I've only been in the hobby for a year. I have a Park 250 that I have in my E-Flight SE5a with a 10 amp esc. And I use my Mini Super Cub 7.4v 350mAh batteries with it. I also have two small servos ( I can't remember but I think they are 4.9 gram). Would this gear be OK for one of these airframes?

Thanks in advance,

Reset
Dec 20, 2009, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by []TEX[]
No I modify the fuse to easily remove the battery through the wing attaches. I can post pics if you'd like. Very simple mod.
I've found you have to have the battery as far forward as you can for CG. I was going to cut a hatch in the nose, but if you can do this from the wing opening, I'd like to see how you do it.
Dec 20, 2009, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo
I've found you have to have the battery as far forward as you can for CG. I was going to cut a hatch in the nose, but if you can do this from the wing opening, I'd like to see how you do it.
Yes, mine actually sits right behind the firewall.

I will post pics.
Dec 20, 2009, 03:25 PM
Vertical Wake
Quote:
:.

I will post pics.
I hate cutting into these great looking fuses!
Dec 20, 2009, 04:26 PM
So Cal FPV Aviator
Has anyone tried using rare earth magnets for holding the fuse halves together? The ones radio shack sells are super tiny and light. I was thinkin about picking up like 4 pairs.

Thoughts?
Dec 20, 2009, 05:12 PM
Here you go. The pin is a scrap piece of a push rod. I used hot glue to affix it. I re-enforced the fuse area with foam safe CA. Plenty of flights and hard landings.

4oz AUW
Dec 20, 2009, 05:17 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeFlyPlanes
Has anyone tried using rare earth magnets for holding the fuse halves together? The ones radio shack sells are super tiny and light. I was thinkin about picking up like 4 pairs.

Thoughts?
I use magnets to hold hatches on, but holding the Fuse halves would be a tough trick.

A glued fuselage is going to be much stronger in torsion and lateral bending, because the magnets are strong when pulling them apart, but are much weaker when sliding them apart. I have a bunch of magnets that are smaller and much stronger than the radio shack magnets, but I wouldn't even attempt trying to hold the fuse halves together (My Aeronautical Engineering background won't let me)

The best source for magnets is K&J Magnetics.
Dec 20, 2009, 05:25 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Quote:
Here you go. The pin is a scrap piece of a push rod. I used hot glue to affix it. I re-enforced the fuse area with foam safe CA. Plenty of flights and hard landings.

4oz AUW
I thought about doing this, but Ailerons in the wings mess with the rear mount and I didn't want to cut both off, since they do a good job of centering the wing.