Dec 17, 2009, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN
They ship out of Miami, Florida via UPS, at least the 3 I ordered did.
Yea, I was just nervous when i saw the invoice address. Got my stuff today, batteries look great, wish the 1300mah packs had 16awg wire like the 1550 packs did though. ( they have 18awg wire)

Also got the c130 cargo plane. At first glace it looks like an expensive GI joe toy, and not a foam rc plane. Very stong paint on a tough skinned foam wing and tail, Nice job compared to the more expensive art tech products which is more like airbrushed paint which flakes off after a few uses.

dispite a small misalignment issue on the wing mount, this plane went together Very smoothly. I did contact GH to give a heads up on thew issue and without question they offered to replace it and shipping cost if I wanted to send it back. Luckily, with a little reworking I was able to correct the wing mounts.

Also was told they had some new products for testing coming soon.... Perhaps the chance of a P-38......... we can only hope.

Once the battery is charged I'll fire it up. Should be ready for maiden tomarrow if the wind stays light.
Last edited by smasher41; Dec 17, 2009 at 07:50 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 17, 2009, 06:28 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeFlyPlanes
Hey guys I Just picked up mine, a P-51 mustang.

Here is my setup...

2 x 3.7g servos with aileron mod
2 gram ar6300 rx
9.2g 160g thrust outrunner
4025 gws prop
3sp 360 lipo
8a esc.

Hopefully it will scream. Anyone else have a similar setup? Still waiting for all my parts.
I think with the 3S you'll find it want to baloon up unless you drop the throttle. Even on 2s they require a bit of down elev unless you fly it around 1/2-3/4 throttle.

This is with down and right thrust to boot.

They seem to really fly well on the Eflite 180 outrunner.
Dec 17, 2009, 06:37 PM
So Cal FPV Aviator
Baloon up? U mean like my lipo would explode or baloon out?

How much does the eflite 180 weigh?
Dec 17, 2009, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Baloon up? U mean like my lipo would explode or baloon out?

How much does the eflite 180 weigh?
I think he is refering to it having a lot of lift on the wing, causing it to "rise" like a ballon instead of straight forward flight.
Dec 17, 2009, 06:56 PM
Vertical Wake
Has anybody considered "burying" a lipo in one of these? I know lipo-in-plane charging was always considered taboo, but I hate to cut hatches.

Also, how are some of you adapting the spit/p-40/ mustang spinner to the HC 10 gram outrunner?
Dec 17, 2009, 06:58 PM
I fly at the park all the time - gotta include my gravity planes too... The big ones been done before so I went lite with the 10" Ar6400 brick

Ultra Ultra 10" Micro P51 - ar6400 (1 min 3 sec)
Dec 17, 2009, 07:44 PM
smasher, are you saying the art tech paint doesn't hold up or the paint on the cargo plane by gravity hobbies doesn't hold up. I am a little confused by your sentence.
thanks!
RAFster
Dec 17, 2009, 07:52 PM
whoops, fixed it.

I meant that the gravity hobby paint is far superior to the art tech stuff!

I Will post pics in a few.
Dec 17, 2009, 08:38 PM
Vertical Wake
hey smasher

Just waitin' on my c130 cargo. Are you going to try to use that included speed control with lipos?
Dec 17, 2009, 08:56 PM
So Cal FPV Aviator
Quote:
Originally Posted by smasher41
I think he is refering to it having a lot of lift on the wing, causing it to "rise" like a ballon instead of straight forward flight.
Ok so then what's the best thrust angle to have when wanting to just go straight on full throttle?
Dec 17, 2009, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatman
hey smasher

Just waitin' on my c130 cargo. Are you going to try to use that included speed control with lipos?
I did think about changing it, but in all fairness, Id like to give the plane a go as it was intended tomarrow, holding it with high throttle was about 2 minutes, so im hoping for about a 4 minute flight with the stock battery.

ALthrough i read that the CClee version was not a variable esc, this one is! very happy about that.
I used two dynam 9gram servos i got recently, a spare art tech 2.4 ghz rx from my art tech f18.

I will suggest putting some fuel tubing over the endlinks on the tail surfaces, as one i popped them on and off they didnt hold together very well, the fuel tubing gives a little bit of security. Also I made a 90* bend at the elevator surface so the pushrod didnt bow so bad.

Ill go snap some pics of it you.
Last edited by smasher41; Dec 17, 2009 at 09:52 PM.
Dec 17, 2009, 09:11 PM
Vertical Wake
That would be great! What's the stock nimh? 650?
Dec 17, 2009, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatman
That would be great! What's the stock nimh? 650?
It may be, but its mah rating is covered witha Pull tab sticker ( again, well thought out) so removal of the battery is easy.

IF you want any more pics let me know
Dec 17, 2009, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Ok so then what's the best thrust angle to have when wanting to just go straight on full throttle?
Most planes you want down and to the right to counter the torque thrust of the prop. But as the wing is neither symetrical or flat bottom, but rather curved it gathers lift as speed and tends to climb as it goes forward, more power just amplifies the lift, hence you "balloning"

Quick Reply