Jun 23, 2010, 04:36 PM
Suspended Account
the FW190 is hardware ready now .. I cut the ailerons mounted the rudder and now I just have to wait for the super uber slow HC servos motors and escs to arrive

another question though..
once the plane is complete and the battery is inside.. how can you replace it?is the main wing removable with those snap on plastic parts? and should I glue the fuselage? AND if its a 2cell lipo how do I balance charge it? I think I will need to figure something out to leave a balance connector outside.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 23, 2010, 04:59 PM
I use the rear snap and glued a balsa tongue on the upper front of the wing that fits under the bottom fuse where the leading edge of the wing goes. My 2 cell batt fits right behind the motor which is held to the side of the fuse with Velcro.

Gord.
Jun 23, 2010, 05:01 PM
CV-15 VB-16

once the plane is complete and the battery is inside.. how can you replace it?

I've seen videos of LiPo batteries catching fire due to incorrect charging and crash damage. I wouldn't advise it. Many have devised methods for battery removal the most common being a cut-out or hatch attached various ways but the most practical being the use of rare earth magnets.

Go here, click on a picture and just keep viewing the next 5 attachments. Worth a thousand words as they say: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ght=cox+sortie
Jun 23, 2010, 05:18 PM
Suspended Account
I can't find the attachments you are talking about giuseppi.. can you guide me a bit more please

EDIT: ok Ive found some pictures... really good job on some birds.. I will open a hole under the canopy for access on the ESC (canopy will be held with rare earth magnets) and receiver and I will see what I will do with the battery. most propably I will leave a connector outside Or hold together the two part fuselage with cable ties ad.
Last edited by pavcon; Jun 23, 2010 at 05:27 PM.
Jun 23, 2010, 05:24 PM
CV-15 VB-16

Spinner Fitted to Prop

Here is the spinner cut out and attached to the prop. I squeezed a bit of RTV silicone inside and pushed it over the aluminum prop adapter hoping that when dry it will grip fit in the fashion of the soft rubber GWS spinners.

It still needs the red paint and I'll get to that when I'm sure it's gonna hold.
Jun 23, 2010, 05:28 PM
Suspended Account
good work there...
Jun 23, 2010, 05:35 PM
CV-15 VB-16
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon
I can't find the attachments you are talking about giuseppi.. can you guide me a bit more please
Click on the link. You should be taken to page one of the thread. If you are set up to get the most recent post first then go to the first page of the thread. You should see a few pitures of the warbirds. Click on any picture. After you click on the picture scroll down to the bottom of the page. You'll get a filmstrip view. Each time you click the next 5 attachments you'll have to scroll down again. There you can scroll through just the pictures w/o having to go through the whole thread to find the information you want. Although it wouldn't hurt a bit to at least skim through that thread.
Jun 23, 2010, 05:40 PM
Suspended Account
thanks anw.. it's not appearing like you said.. there are some pictures of the P51 mustang there but not as film strip.. maybe it's just the setup.. the attachments I see them normally just like any html page..
Jun 23, 2010, 06:30 PM
One of the usual suspects

re: once the plane is complete and the battery is inside.. how can you replace it?

If you keep the wing removable, then you can insert the lipo from underneath:

CG balances well with either 2S or 3S 500mah lipo.
Jun 23, 2010, 06:41 PM
With the wing attachment I mentioned above, you can yank the batt out, throw another one in, snap the wing back on and fling it back in the air.

Gord.
Jun 23, 2010, 09:58 PM
Suspended Account
do the stockplastic clips keep the mainwing removable? if yes that should do the job.

and vicarious.. haveyou tried 3s with the 10g motor? have you measured amp draw? is it really safe?

I intend to use 360mah 2s
Jun 23, 2010, 10:05 PM
I also use the 360 2 cell packs from Zippy Rhino. More than enough power and about 10 min. run time.

Gord.
Jun 23, 2010, 10:57 PM
CV-15 VB-16
Quote:
Originally Posted by flypaper 2
I also use the 360 2 cell packs from Zippy Rhino. More than enough power and about 10 min. run time.

Gord.
What motor are you running, Gord?
Jun 23, 2010, 11:23 PM
One of the usual suspects
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon
do the stockplastic clips keep the mainwing removable? if yes that should do the job.

and vicarious.. haveyou tried 3s with the 10g motor? have you measured amp draw? is it really safe?

I intend to use 360mah 2s
I burnt out a 10g motor on 3s. Now I run a 17gram motor on 3S.
Jun 24, 2010, 04:39 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicarious
I burnt out a 10g motor on 3s. Now I run a 17gram motor on 3S.
lol.. isnt that a bit overpowered

Quick Reply