Dec 11, 2015, 12:48 PM
LJH
LJH
Moths do not fly inverted
Quote:
Originally Posted by will3kgt
Thanks, it is one of the best in the series. The P-47, and the FW-190 fly great as well.
The P47 has a bit of a mind of its own, the rudder is not very authoritative. The FW190 is pretty decent, I actually got two packs through her yesterday at the big field. I have to say for a plane that weighs in at a whopping 4.3oz she scoots pretty darn well. I changed out to a 4.1X4.1 and flew the 7 minute timer out and the packs were still showing 35% charge remaining in the 500mah 2S packs.....and I was not being easy on the throttle.

One of these days I will put the Zero together.

Cheers,
Jim
to remove ads between posts
Dec 11, 2015, 02:08 PM
I found the same thing with the P47 rudder response, or lack thereof. I ended up putting ails. on it and was a different plane. Still flying it occasionally.

Gord.
Dec 13, 2015, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flypaper 2
I found the same thing with the P47 rudder response, or lack thereof. I ended up putting ails. on it and was a different plane. Still flying it occasionally.

Gord.
This was a common problem with the P-47. Many just used thick tape to make the rudder longer.
Dec 13, 2015, 05:25 PM
My atomic P-47s had plenty of rudder at very high speed. It's just when flown slow it was a problem. The only way I ever had decent results was to scratch build a rudder with a larger surface by moving the hinge point. When painted properly you couldn't tell anything was different, but also had to set dual rates as at speed the larger rudder surface was too effective.
Feb 12, 2016, 04:48 PM

For sale 4 pack of planes

Figured I would post here first and give you guys 24 hrs head start then put in for sale forum.

Gravity Warbirds would like to sell as lot so as not to mess with post office more than once.

Shipped in 2nd wrapping for protection. Lower 48, no pay pal!

$125
Mar 07, 2016, 08:56 PM
Also have P47 and ME109 !

Willing to sell 2 at a time for $65 Brown paper wrapped and Shipped lwr 48.
Jul 24, 2017, 05:34 PM
Does anyone know where to find these?
Jul 24, 2017, 06:12 PM
I think I have 4 nib ones.
Jul 24, 2017, 06:38 PM
I have a good sized stash, maybe a dozen.
Jul 24, 2017, 07:48 PM
PM sent
Jul 27, 2017, 05:40 PM
Wandering IT geek
I have a few as well. If you don't find what you're looking for PM me.
Sep 22, 2017, 03:39 PM
Looking for similar size warbird but with better foam than the cox stuff. Does anything exist. Is the horrizon hobby the only option now?
Sep 23, 2017, 09:05 PM
Wandering IT geek
The UMX series is one option. There is/was a series of Fun Fighters in different warbird schemes:

https://www.banggood.com/Rarebear-Fu...p-1095488.html

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ks-Cheat-Sheet

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...163-Kraftei%21

I imagine there's other options but this ought to get you started.
Last edited by ronin4740; Sep 23, 2017 at 09:20 PM.
Sep 25, 2017, 01:17 PM
Watt Waster

Gravity Warbirds and options

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidy$Trainer
Looking for similar size warbird but with better foam than the cox stuff. Does anything exist. Is the horrizon hobby the only option now?
I am assuming you aren't into scratch building and not experimenting with common insulation and other foams, even if it can be dirt cheap to do so if you already have spare RC gear. If the assumption isn't correct, you might want to consider also collecting and recycling foam drink cups since they can be fashioned into just about any fuselage of an aircraft you can think of, or imagine. I suppose it depends on how determined you are to have "scale", or near scale like appearance. As you may have noticed from the prior posting offered, many of those models aren't scale, but do look sort of like the actual airplane. I am doing another video series on how to make a looks like a Me 163 at the moment in Youtube out of foam drink cups, but I started with recycling a $1 foam toy airplane kit that doesn't fly worth a .... darn. The foam kit is basically a round fuselage, so it was easy to sandpaper into the Me 163 fuselage, but I cut the original kit fuselage twice so I could add some spare 1" foam board to make it larger. I have also started a video series on the Bugatti P100, starting with the same $1 foam toy glider kit.
Oct 23, 2017, 10:42 PM
Belatedly, I am following. I just bought a Cox Wings Me109 from one of youseguys... and I do NOT want to forget where the thread is! I have a bunch of E-flite/Spektrum UMX AS3X gear that I mean to use.

juanito

Quick Reply