Nov 16, 2010, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle34
Those are the ones I use. The motor is quite strong for it's size. Too bad the ESC's have been on backorder for almost 3 months. Another good candidate for an ESC is the Feigao 6A one, I've had good luck with them.
MMmmmmmmmmmm..... I ordered mine on 30-10-2010 and litterally just now (between the last post and this post) they were delivered to my doorstep by the postman. He has been here yesterday but I wasn't home then. I got me 3x 6 Amp esc's (turnigy) some foam wheels, an airbrush cleaning set and GWS Pico retractible landing gear.

Delivery from Hong Kong in 16 days isn't that bad.

If you put an item to your wish list you will get notification when stock arrives. Then you have to act quick and you will get your goodies like I did.

Robert
to remove ads between posts
Nov 16, 2010, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkydiverDriver
Great video, thanks for posting!
Hi SkydiverDiver,

There is more on www.Vimeo.com and Youtube. Search for Rotatorus and/or COX.

Robert
Nov 16, 2010, 01:52 PM
That looks good to me! MIght fly with the 2S for awhile and then go to the 3s for more speed! I thought the 1811 motor can only handle 7.4V though?
Nov 16, 2010, 03:36 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero Andy
Hi Indy

I'm also interested in the performance of your set-up, because I've chosen almost exactly the same to put in my first Gravity/Cox.

10g 1811 motor
2s 360mAh Rhino
6a plush ESC
3.7g servos
HK 5g GT-2 RX
GWS 5030

Regarding the prop choice, does any one use the stock props, is their much difference in diameter and pitch compared to the GWS 5030? Also using a 2s 350mAh lipo, what kind of flight times would you expect to get?

Andy
Andy,

Maybe I missed it but not sure which plane you are going to build first. At any rate your equipment is almost exactally like my Mustang. The only difference is I am using a Flysky 3channel Rx (same as yours just different firmware) and I am using a 5x4.3 prop. Every thing else is the same. Should work out to be a really nice flyer. Here is a quick synopsis of my maiden. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=2049 I would guess you should get around 6-7 minutes flying time. Rhino 360 2S is a good choice for battery (what I used) I also tried a Rhino 360 3S and the Mustang is a little rocket, almost uncontrollable at WOT, with almost unlimeted vertical capability.

The stock props are 4x2.5 but are built differently than GWS props, more like a Master Airscrew (thinner and pointy on the ends) if you are familiar with those.

Post crash inspection revealed what may have caused my crash. Somehow during the build I only used two strips of floppy disk material for the rudder hinges. This allows the rudder to pivot some when going to the extents. The movement is not completely on a vertical axis as it should be, but rather almost like a V-tail (some horizontal movement along the lower portion of the rudder.) I will fix this problem as I repair the crash damage to the nose.
Nov 16, 2010, 03:41 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotatorus
MMmmmmmmmmmm..... I ordered mine on 30-10-2010 and litterally just now (between the last post and this post) they were delivered to my doorstep by the postman. He has been here yesterday but I wasn't home then. I got me 3x 6 Amp esc's (turnigy) some foam wheels, an airbrush cleaning set and GWS Pico retractible landing gear.

Delivery from Hong Kong in 16 days isn't that bad.

If you put an item to your wish list you will get notification when stock arrives. Then you have to act quick and you will get your goodies like I did.

Robert
I have them in my wish list. I guess I missed the notification, or wasn't quick enough. No worries though as I have 4 left from my last order (just enough for the 4 warbirds waiting to be built. LOL)

IndyMatt I've not had any problems running the 10gr motors on 3S batteries, you just have to be sure you don't over prop them. Maybe a 6x3 at most on 3S. But with that you better be ready, 'cos its gonna scream. As far as prop savers I use this adapter http://lazertoyz.ncweb.net/10Gram.htm the second one down on the right. Fits really nice on the smaller GWS props. I was able to reuse the spinner from the stock Mustang with this adapter, basically just cut out the stock prop, opened the blade openings a bit (to fit my 5x4.3 prop) and enlarged the hole to fit over the adapter mounting shaft. You will need a 1.5mm or 1.27mm allen wrench though (can't remember which it is.)
Last edited by Eagle34; Nov 16, 2010 at 03:49 PM.
Nov 16, 2010, 04:47 PM
fxb
fxb

Aileron...

Hello all

We're really well on this forum ...

I also want to ask your advice ... What types of “aileron” are most effective for the roll axis of cox-warbird without penalizing the flying qualities (during the turn by example )??

Photo 1: Large and wingtip
Photo 2: The whole length of the trailing edge and rather late
Photo 3: half and half ?

(I copied the pictures on this forum)

thank you in advance and soon
Nov 16, 2010, 05:52 PM
Full length ailerons are the most efficient. You need less deflection for the same roll rate. For a scale look, outboard ones look the most realistic.
Nov 16, 2010, 05:52 PM
fxb
fxb

Re cockpit / Correction supply rhodoïd #2275

Correction on leaves rhodoïd it is exactly these sheets here:

Brand: Pavo
PVC Coverboard / 200 micron

See here: http://www.pavo.eu/product_detail.ph...value=subsub13

For Rotatorus I think the seat of the company is in Holland!

PAVO HeadOffice
Reggestraat1
5348 LG Oss
The Netherlands
Tel. +31 412 65 27 27
Fax. +31 412 65 27 65
E-mail: info@pavo.eu

soon
Nov 16, 2010, 06:42 PM
Pictures as promised...yep, I am going to fill in the holes!
Nov 17, 2010, 07:09 AM
Thanks everyone for your help! Robert that is a great video and really shows what these birds are capable of when done right.

Eagle again thanks for your help as well!

fxb - I remember someone saying that full-length ailerons can lead to tip stall. I am thinking about adding them but will leave about an inche of left of the trailing edge of the wing.
Nov 17, 2010, 03:03 PM
Got my tacking number and they should be on my doorstep tomorrow morning! I really want the Corsair, FW 190, and Zero as well! However, I want to order all three at once for shipping and the Corsair is out of stock!
Nov 17, 2010, 04:10 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMatt
Got my tacking number and they should be on my doorstep tomorrow morning! I really want the Corsair, FW 190, and Zero as well! However, I want to order all three at once for shipping and the Corsair is out of stock!
I hear you on that. Just a side note my first order was for 3 planes, my second was for 4, I paid the same shipping for both. Just so you know. Both my orders came in the 4 pack boxes that they get shipped from China in, they just reuse the boxes for multiple shipments. Goood for them recycling! Now I just need the 3 axis planes to complete the collection, and yes I have duplicates (2 Corsairs and 2 Mustangs.) When I place my next order I will have 2 Spits (already have one.)

P.S. Did you find a replacement ESC? I see therre are some 10A ones available from HK, don't know about the quality though as I haven't used them.
Nov 17, 2010, 04:12 PM
Didn't order yet I might order this weekend.

Damn the Mustang might be added then or the P40 or P47...
Nov 17, 2010, 04:40 PM
CV-15 VB-16
Here's an 8 gram ESC @ a real good price from HK :

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=14870

I bought 2 yesterday.

g
Nov 18, 2010, 08:39 AM
Has anyone had any luck with the above ESC?

What about a mount for the BL motors? Is everyone just using plywood? I really wanting to make this thing superlight so a lighter aluminum mount my be better.

Quick Reply