Jul 16, 2010, 05:51 PM
CV-15 VB-16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisticuffs! View Post
I am building my second FW-190 about six months after my first. I will be going with AET control and the HK 10g motor.

Slaneesh, your FW 190 looks great. I have a few questions for you
- How are your ailerons and elevators hinged?
- Do you have any pictures of how you cut your hatch?
- What size nylon screw are you using, I am thinking of just copying your attachment setup

Hopefully I can achieve CG without a lot of extra ballast with a 3S 360 mAh Lipo. Last time I had to jam in a 610 mAh, AUW was around 145 g.

Spec.
Model: 1811-2000
Kv: 2000rpm/v
Weight: 10g (With wires and mount)
Suggested Prop: 7x5
Suggested Power: 7.4v
No Load Current: .4a
Thrust: 130g / 5000rpm
7.4v no-load speed: 15000rpm
Peak Eff Current: 5.5A
Shaft: 2mm
Diameter: 18mm
Length: 30mm (including mount & shaft)
to remove ads between posts
Jul 17, 2010, 06:16 PM
Argue for your limitations
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
3s with the 10g motor?? is that ok? I mean this will help me to do rudder and a 4 channel on my P51 and not worry about the thrust.. but I suppose it will loose it's slow flight characteristic isn't it?"
I think you are right. The 3S and another servo adds quite a bit of weight to the AUW. I am anxious to see the report on it.
BTW-I miss the country name Cyprus on your avatar. Now, it looks almost russian.
AJ
Last edited by ajbaker; Jul 17, 2010 at 06:27 PM.
Jul 17, 2010, 06:30 PM
Argue for your limitations
Quote:
Originally Posted by giuseppi View Post
Spec.
Model: 1811-2000
Kv: 2000rpm/v
Weight: 10g (With wires and mount)
Suggested Prop: 7x5
No Load Current: .4a
Thrust: 130g / 5000rpm
7.4v no-load speed: 15000rpm
Peak Eff Current: 5.5A
Shaft: 2mm
Diameter: 18mm
Length: 30mm (including mount & shaft)
On mine, the weight is 14g with connectors (2mm). I think they lie about almost all of their motors. The actual weight is always higher and the thrust is always lower. The only vendor on the web that tells the truth IMO about weight and thrust is RCTimer.com even though I do not care for their motors overall very much.
AJ
Jul 17, 2010, 07:00 PM
CV-15 VB-16
My concern is for the 3 cell LiPo Fisticuffs is contemplating using on a motor for which the manufaturer only recommends a 2 cell LiPo.

Jul 17, 2010, 07:12 PM
Have to use a much smaller prop to keep the amps down. More than enough poop on two cells.

Gord.
Jul 17, 2010, 07:20 PM
CV-15 VB-16
Not to mention 12 volts on a 7 1/2 volt motor might have a seriously negative effect on the motor.
Jul 18, 2010, 06:45 PM
My first FW 190 with the 610 mAh did need to come in pretty fast for landings, but it was the only free battery I had at the time.

The motor was perfectly fine on 3S, never got more than warm to the touch if that. Of course it did had tons of power with a 5x4.3 or 5x3 prop.

Here are some pics or the aileron and battery hatch setup on my new FW.
Jul 18, 2010, 06:57 PM
Nice clean job.

Gord.
Jul 18, 2010, 07:32 PM
Suspended Account
Fisticuffs I made the same thing with my FW190 as concern the ailerons but ofcourse it was my first mini warbird and it's not such a clean job.
The problem with mine is that the ailerons didn't give the roll rate that I wanted so U cut 4cm and extended the ailerons.. that gave me some better roll rate but I won't take the risk to try a full roll...maybe I didn't get the throw to be enough..
can you post a picture with a full throw at the ailerons?
Jul 18, 2010, 07:48 PM
Not enough hours in the day
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
On mine, the weight is 14g with connectors (2mm). I think they lie about almost all of their motors.
I think you will find that the connectors weigh more than you think.
I was originally going to use 2mm connectors but when I weighed a complete set decided not too. I used a standard servo connector instead (which can be easily reversed to get the motor to spin the right direction).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisticuffs! View Post
Here are some pics or the aileron and battery hatch setup on my new FW.
Yes nice job. Are you planning on using the spinner?

Also, I'm just wondering, can you reverse the shaft of the HK 10g brushless outrunners (and for that matter the 5g outrunners)? If you can, I think by far the easiest and lightest way to mount these would be a little firewall directly at the very nose of the plane (where the 'scale engine' piece would go).
Jul 18, 2010, 07:59 PM
I solder the esc direct to the motor leaving the heat shrink loose on two of the wires till I find out which way the motor turns. Just another way of accomplishing the same thing. I use the Turnigy 6 amp ESC.

Gord.
Jul 19, 2010, 12:49 AM
Hi mark here from Australia, a lot of guys refer to the HK 18-11 2000 Kv motor on 2s but has anyone got experience on the HK 1818 3500Kv motor and 2s? I already have a couple of these and would like to use them if possible...and what prop would be recommended?
Jul 19, 2010, 01:00 AM
Suspended Account
as I see (and correct me if I'm wrong) that this plane looks like it's gonna be heavy.
heavier plane has a con which "less ability to fly slow" :/ difficult decission..
Go 3s or stay 2s ?
Jul 19, 2010, 02:19 AM
Not enough hours in the day
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunbar58 View Post
has anyone got experience on the HK 1818 3500Kv motor and 2s? ...and what prop would be recommended?
When I initially bought my FW-190 I also bought the Turnigy 16-06 with it - though I didn't really understand it's capability.

Whilst it's a good motor and would have served it's purpose, it's not really what I wanted on my model - I wanted to swing a 6" prop at low amps.

So I looked for other motors and read a lot about how good the 18-11 10g outrunner was - though it wasn't in stock on HK at the time.

In the end I thought the AD-100L 1850KV was ideal (though slightly heavy at 13g). However I justified the extra weight because I read from others how the Cox Warbirds would often come out tail heavy with brushless conversions and it's ability to swing a 6" prop and draw only ~2 amps.
I'm hoping this will mean half throttle will probably be plenty and give excellent long flights with a 350mah pack.

However, the tail heavy aspect is not really a problem - you can easily use light motors as if you plan things out there's plenty of space inside to balance the model correctly with out needing ballast.

I think this motor will work, however you will probably want to run a small prop. The stock prop is about 4x2.5" so is ideal. If that works for you, go for it.

EDIT: By the way if anyone is interested in the 2.4Ghz DSM2 compat receivers popped up in HK and promptly sold out in under half an hour.
I ordered a few :-)
Jul 19, 2010, 03:48 AM
Suspended Account
a few??? what ##

Quick Reply