Old Oct 28, 2009, 12:40 PM
Find More Posts by EQMOD
Discussion

Lama V4: Increasing Flybar to Blade Grip Cyclic Pitch transmission

I previously did this mod on walkera 4#3B and was successful.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1127892

The idea in simple mechanical sense is to extend the ball links on the flybar outwards.

This increases the pitch angle on the grips on a per flybar pitch angle. This as a result increases the amount of stabilization correction from the flybar to the blades allowing even small shaft tilts to be corrected.

As done on a LAMAV4;

* This was done by taking the ball linkages from an old flybar and transfer them to the Lama V4's flybar.

And a short test video;

Lama V4: Amplifying Flybar Stabilization without adding weights. (2 min 34 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2009, 09:49 PM
Find More Posts by EQMOD
here is a short outdoor flight test;

Lama V4: Amplifying Flybar Stabilization without adding weights. - Outdoor (4 min 58 sec)
Old Oct 28, 2009, 11:28 PM
Find More Posts by Chap1012
Epilepsy Awareness
^^^^
As always EQMOD, I love your vids, both the indoor and outdoor. Dang, I wish I had another V4. When I'm done testing some blades and blade grip stiffeners for a member, I am considering a double flybar link. That indoor flight was incredible..great left/right AIL. Heck, great flying...PERIOD
Thank you (Again) for sharing,
Mike.
Old Oct 31, 2009, 03:49 AM
Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Don't know if I mentioned this in this thread before (in this case again):

Awesome job EQMOD!!!

Would you tell me if you are using the stock transmitter for your double swash plate helis or did you do the mods and use a "more professional" (I didn't want to say "real") transmitter (spektrum, futaba, hitec ....)??

Thanks,
Sven
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 31, 2009, 10:06 AM
Find More Posts by EQMOD
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
Don't know if I mentioned this in this thread before (in this case again):

Awesome job EQMOD!!!

Would you tell me if you are using the stock transmitter for your double swash plate helis or did you do the mods and use a "more professional" (I didn't want to say "real") transmitter (spektrum, futaba, hitec ....)??

Thanks,
Sven
Hi Sven,

i am using a futaba transmitter although the stock transmitter will do just fine.

regards,

Mon