May 19, 2010, 09:17 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Thread OP
T-CAT, My pleasure! I'm glad you enjoyed them! It was amazing watching the first two future fighters beginning their service life right before my eyes. These aircraft will be around long after I retire from the Air Force.

Best,
Tony
to remove ads between posts
May 19, 2010, 09:24 PM
Wheels make the world go-round
That must have been an incredible experience, and one you will remember forever and be very proud of. I am debating on joining the Air Force once I complete my masters degree. I am going to apply for a pilot slot via OTS and hope for the best. It has been my dream/goal since I was a young kid. I still have a few years until the age cut-off, and I would be disappointed in myself if I didn't at least submit an application. My friend flies in the Air Force and he is the same age, and he was chosen to fly the F-22 out of UPT. He was amazed to say the least.
May 19, 2010, 09:31 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-CAT
That must have been an incredible experience, and one you will remember forever and be very proud of. I am debating on joining the Air Force once I complete my masters degree. I am going to apply for a pilot slot via OTS and hope for the best. It has been my dream/goal since I was a young kid. I still have a few years until the age cut-off, and I would be disappointed in myself if I didn't at least submit an application. My friend flies in the Air Force and he is the same age, and he was chosen to fly the F-22 out of UPT. He was amazed to say the least.
T-CAT, I joined right out of High School and it was one of the best decisions, I ever made. I now have 22 year in service and will retire in 2 more at age 42.

Good luck!

Regards,
Tony
May 19, 2010, 10:07 PM
Wheels make the world go-round
Thanks Tony, I appreciate it. Thank you for your service, as it allows all of us civilians our freedom. It is greatly appreciated, and good luck with your retirement. You deserve it!
May 20, 2010, 09:21 AM
EB-66C Team Member
Thread OP

F-35's arrive at Edwards

Here's another photo of the arrival of the first two "Air Force" F-35 Joint Strike Fighters to Edwards AFB! Enjoy!

Best,
Tony
May 20, 2010, 05:22 PM
Have glue gun, will travel...
Tony,
Any news on the F-35B?

F-35B - Taking STOVL to a New Level (2 min 45 sec)
May 20, 2010, 06:59 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Thread OP
[QUOTE=Ken1.8T;15133641]Tony,
Any news on the F-35B?

QUOTE]Since that is a Marine program, I'm not up on it but I believe the B is at Pax River. Should be some info on the link below.

http://www.jsf.mil/

Best,
Tony
Last edited by xplaneguy; May 20, 2010 at 08:09 PM.
May 20, 2010, 07:19 PM
Were..is..my..Super..Suit ..
here is a really recent upload of the f35 with tv by charged rc

Freewing F-35 Lightning II JSF 70mm Thrust Vectoring RC EDF Jet Fighter with retracts (3 min 26 sec)

j3tman,
May 20, 2010, 08:08 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by j3tman
here is a really recent upload of the f35 with tv by charged rc

j3tman,
Not the same jet. The F-35 in this thread is made by LX/Blitz RC Works.

Best,
Tony
May 20, 2010, 08:11 PM
oh my b, i saw the tv and thought i should show someone, is this the freewing model or the one hobby lobby seels.

j3tman,
May 20, 2010, 08:13 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by j3tman
oh my b, i saw the tv and thought i should show someone, is this the freewing model or the one hobby lobby seels.

j3tman,
The video says Freewing which is also sold by Hobby Lobby.

Tony
May 20, 2010, 08:29 PM
like i said i just saw the tv on the f35 and wanted to show someone and this thread was already up and i didnt want to search all over the place to put it somewere.

j3tman,
May 21, 2010, 04:42 PM
I like the Freewing just for the fact that it flies!
May 22, 2010, 04:57 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken1.8T
I like the Freewing just for the fact that it flies!
What? Implying that the LX/Blitz doesn't. I have the freewing that came out several months earlier and it is far less scale than the LX/Blitz. The only thing that held me back from the LX was timing and Banana.
Do over I'd likely go with the LX.
May 23, 2010, 07:57 AM
I still waiting for evidence that the LX can fly!

Quick Reply