Sailplane Stand made from a Home Depot Ridgid Flip Top Work Support - Page 2 - RC Groups
Jun 17, 2010, 12:57 PM
Flyer
Mike,
The stand is catching on and some great ideas and modifications are being applied. Willy did a nice job with his work and version of the stand. Does he have a way of securing it to the ground during windy conditions like Jody came up with?

Rick
to remove ads between posts
Jun 17, 2010, 01:48 PM
Thank you, early adopters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rairwalk
Mike,
The stand is catching on and some great ideas and modifications are being applied. Willy did a nice job with his work and version of the stand. Does he have a way of securing it to the ground during windy conditions like Jody came up with?
No, but I did tell him about Jody's idea.
Feb 02, 2012, 11:27 AM
i know this is a old thread, but thought i'd add to it.

the best stand i have seen yet is like this one . my friends is on a single pole that he sinks into the ground. on the bottom of the holder it's on bearings i believe, so it will windmill with the wind. i'm currently working on mine for the coming season.

Quick Reply