This thread is privately moderated by YarSmythe, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 25, 2009, 03:49 PM
Lee / RC Enthusiast
Thread OP
Discussion

Solo Strike - Back to life

This Hangar 9 Solo Strike ARF was acquired years ago and flew fine on an OS .40 engine. It hung in the hangar for years until I rebuilt a gummed up Saito .45 4-cycle that my father owned. Threw it on the Solo Strike for fun and it flew really well. Slow...but adequate power and a perfect trainer setup.

It has been in the hangar for more than a year and the original "tape covering" finally fell apart. I spent the last few days recovering the wing in Monokote and just returned from a nice little flight. Plane still flies great.

I normally fly electric planes but getting back to glow fuel once in a while is a nice stroll down memory lane. (minus the oily residue )

Anyone flying the Solo Strike? Electrified?

-Lee
Latest blog entry: For your viewing pleasure
to remove ads between posts
Oct 27, 2009, 11:51 AM
Cognito, Ergo Imbibo

solo strike

I had one of those....I actually did solo with it early on in my RC career. I flew it a little too low next to a tree lined background & completely lost sight of it. I did find it later & managed to salvage some of the hardware & the engine. The camo scheme really works!!
Oct 27, 2009, 04:49 PM
If it flies, I crash it!
The Solo Strike looks just like a Carl Goldberg Eagle 2. I fly my Eagle 2 a few times a year cuz I luv the smell of 2 cycle in th morning!

Quick Reply