New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 27, 2003, 11:03 AM
Find More Posts by lttakas

What kind of power supplie do i have to use for my lithium charger?

i need help finding a power supplie for this charger or mabe better i can make one my self plz help

http://www.b-p-p.com/SC2.htm
Last edited by lttakas; Apr 27, 2003 at 11:06 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 27, 2003, 12:22 PM
Find More Posts by sao_bilious
Smoke me a Kipper
a 13.8v power supply. i belive radioshack do some reasonably priced units
Old Apr 27, 2003, 02:36 PM
Find More Posts by Hoverup
2013 GRAND SPORT CORVETTE
If you are in the States, save the $$$, avoid Radio Junk and go to Wal Smart and look for a wall transformer that outputs at least 13.8VDC and you are in Biz. If your outside the USA just ignore my input

Cheers - Boyd
AMA 80393
Major USAF
Retired
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 27, 2003, 08:44 PM
Find More Posts by MaxDuracell
Be one with the heli
You dont already have you do you?! There is like a 6 week waiting list! how did you get one?
Old Apr 28, 2003, 09:00 AM
Find More Posts by lttakas
no i still dont have it but i am planing ahead so when i get the charger i would have the power supply.
Old Apr 29, 2003, 11:04 AM
Find More Posts by sao_bilious
Smoke me a Kipper
Ner ner i got mine already Although i did order it in January.
I was recomended the power supplies i listed by Troy of BPP
What you need to make sure is that if you are charginbg 3 cell packs you have enough amps to power the charger, if you want to charge 2 three cell packs you need 3A-4A to be SAFE im not sure a wall adapter can handle that but as im outside the US i havent had chance to try a Wallmart charger.
Old Apr 29, 2003, 12:08 PM
Find More Posts by Hoverup
2013 GRAND SPORT CORVETTE
Sorry for the post about the wall transformer......I had my Wes-Tek Lipo charger in mind at the time. The SC-2 definately needs more amps input than a Wall xfmr can provide. I guess I also reacted to the "Radio Shack" part because their prices are so darn high and the RS sales people I have dealt with, don't have a clue (electronically speaking that is). Sorry again for the incorrect input. The SC-2 does not have voltage stepping that would allow you to use it on a three cell series connected LiPo pack. It's got to come from the power supply.

Cheers - Boyd
AMA 80393
Major USAF
Retired
RCG Plus Member