New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Feb 16, 2010, 06:33 PM
dimastep is offline
Find More Posts by dimastep
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas4 View Post
Come on guys why would you want to put a camera on it. It can't handle any wind and it says in the manual "for indoors only." It only weighs 2.10 oz's. You'll only burn out the motors and battery sooner. If you want a camera ship go with something bigger. Just fly the darn thing for its intended purposes and leave it stock. When you get bored of it move on to something more capable.
Tandem flies fine when it's heavier (not too heavy though). I have flown it with 450mAh LiPo and it flies better than with 250mAh - more weight makes is more stable. Flight time was about 9 minutes.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2010, 07:07 PM
douglas4 is offline
Find More Posts by douglas4
"If it ain't broke,fly again"
douglas4's Avatar

hm


Quote:
Originally Posted by dimastep View Post
Tandem flies fine when it's heavier (not too heavy though). I have flown it with 450mAh LiPo and it flies better than with 250mAh - more weight makes is more stable. Flight time was about 9 minutes.
I no gonna try dat man. I'm OK with it stock the way it is. After all, I just fly it inside anyways. I don't like to tinker with something that's already running with no issues. Its my way. lol.

doug
Old Feb 16, 2010, 07:27 PM
dimastep is offline
Find More Posts by dimastep
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas4 View Post
I no gonna try dat man. I'm OK with it stock the way it is. After all, I just fly it inside anyways. I don't like to tinker with something that's already running with no issues. Its my way. lol.

doug
To each their own...your loss I guess.

You aren't even using the heli to its full potential - the included 250mAh battery is crap and the Tandem just burns through it. It is quite hot at the end of its 5 minute flight which suggests that it's underpowered for the Tandem.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 08:11 PM
xviper is online now
Find More Posts by xviper
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimastep View Post
450mAh LiPo
Where do you buy those and do they come with the right connector?
Old Feb 16, 2010, 08:26 PM
dimastep is offline
Find More Posts by dimastep
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper View Post
Where do you buy those and do they come with the right connector?
I buy them at HobbyKing (they are Zippys). They come with no connector but HobbyKing also sells the connector for them.

Here's a video from a guy who started this whole thing. He shows how to make a 240mAh battery but the same method works with any other battery.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=5354

E Flite Blade MSR High Capacity Battery Making Short Form Method (7 min 37 sec)
Old Feb 16, 2010, 08:32 PM
douglas4 is offline
Find More Posts by douglas4
"If it ain't broke,fly again"
douglas4's Avatar

underpowered


Quote:
Originally Posted by dimastep View Post
It is quite hot at the end of its 5 minute flight which suggests that it's underpowered for the Tandem.
True but it's just an indoor toy heli..and it really is. It's no hot house machine I can tell ya. It wasn't designed as such so why up-grade it. It's fine for what it is and for me. I guess I'm just a RTF toy heli kinda guy I guess.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 08:59 PM
douglas4 is offline
Find More Posts by douglas4
"If it ain't broke,fly again"
douglas4's Avatar

nite


Off to bed 4am comes early. nite
Old Mar 06, 2010, 12:33 PM
DilbertPilot is offline
Find More Posts by DilbertPilot
Dilbert Pilot
This is a good thread for a very cool Helicopter. I would not like to see this thread end in such an uninspired way. Personally I think a good part of the fun is in adding modifications of your own and implementing the ideas that other people have here. I am in the process of creating an ultra-micro RC controlled release for this helicopter.
Old Mar 06, 2010, 01:27 PM
dimastep is offline
Find More Posts by dimastep
Registered User
I think this thread is dying because this chopper is just too good. It doesn't break (aside from defective 5-in-1 that HH replaces) and it flies very stabily, doesn't jitter, flies fine forward, with upgraded batteries has good flieght time. So what is there to talk about. Just enjoy it.

Other helis, like Walkera, are hit and miss, people need to tinker with them hence they talk about them. MCX Tandem is like Toyota Truck - it just work.
Old Mar 06, 2010, 02:47 PM
livonia bob is offline
Find More Posts by livonia bob
Heli collector
livonia bob's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimastep View Post
I think this thread is dying because this chopper is just too good. It doesn't break (aside from defective 5-in-1 that HH replaces) and it flies very stabily, doesn't jitter, flies fine forward, with upgraded batteries has good flieght time. So what is there to talk about. Just enjoy it.

Other helis, like Walkera, are hit and miss, people need to tinker with them hence they talk about them. MCX Tandem is like Toyota Truck - it just work.

I think it's because of a couple of things.. It's just too much money for what you get. No BNF. Must get boring flying it around after a while.. Walkera's are much more fun to fly and work on..
Old Mar 06, 2010, 05:09 PM
DilbertPilot is offline
Find More Posts by DilbertPilot
Dilbert Pilot
Hmmm, I can't understand why it would be boring to fly around just because it is stable, flies well and looks cool. But, it's a shame it is not available in BNF.
Old Mar 06, 2010, 05:33 PM
livonia bob is offline
Find More Posts by livonia bob
Heli collector
livonia bob's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DilbertPilot View Post
Hmmm, I can't understand why it would be boring to fly around just because it is stable, flies well and looks cool. But, it's a shame it is not available in BNF.

It's the only reason that I don't have one.. May be Hobby City will make a clone of it..
Old Mar 06, 2010, 06:39 PM
Bowerz is offline
Find More Posts by Bowerz
Once crash at a time
Bowerz's Avatar
HC have an mCX clone. Only a matter of time before there's an mSR and a Tandem
Old Mar 06, 2010, 07:01 PM
dimastep is offline
Find More Posts by dimastep
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowerz View Post
HC have an mCX clone. Only a matter of time before there's an mSR and a Tandem
Where did you find MCX clone at HC?
Old Mar 06, 2010, 07:04 PM
Bowerz is offline
Find More Posts by Bowerz
Once crash at a time
Bowerz's Avatar
Right here my friend, looks like they've done a pretty good job too!

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11061


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article E-flite Blade mCX Ultra-Micro Helicopter RTF & BNF Review Michael Heer Coaxial Helicopters 346 Nov 06, 2010 01:30 PM
Discussion E-Flite Blade CX 2 Coaxial Heli or Falcon 3D CP pcasamento Micro Helis 2 Jan 29, 2008 10:24 PM
For Sale Brand New E-Flite Blade CP Helicopter AirMicro Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Jun 26, 2005 09:16 AM