Nov 01, 2018, 03:29 PM
Thanks for that email address Pat. It doesn't look familiar to what I used from the website a few months back so maybe it'll go through. I've noticed lately that Cox has been blocking many sites and emails including even motorcycle sites I visit. Maybe that was the problem? I'll send Tom a request now. Hopefully he'll get it this time and reply when he gets back from vacation. I'd sure love to finish up this featherweight Tri-Pacer. I just need to replace a bunch of broken fuselage stringers and build the wings. Shouldn't be a big deal.

Joe
to remove ads between posts
Nov 06, 2018, 10:25 PM
Manzano Laser Works
The Tri-Pacer cowl is now available on our website: http://manzanolaser.com/PacerTri-Pacer-Cowl_p_3392.html

-=Tom=-
Mar 26, 2021, 10:04 PM
Here is mine. I extended the wing to 54 all up 31oz. Hope to maiden in early April
Mar 27, 2021, 01:12 PM
Soren Wolff,

That looks great! Nicely done.
Mar 28, 2021, 09:51 PM
Thank you very much! Hope it flys nice.
Mar 29, 2021, 02:28 PM
That bird looks awesome. I still need to finish mine. It’ll be a great flyer as with the rest of Pat’s designs.

Paul
Mar 29, 2021, 11:08 PM

Wow! So this tread is still alive & well!

What a great, great, model airplane! Anyone who has read the whole thread may remember me, l posted back somewhere near the middle , years ago. I said it then, & lll say it again, l hope to live long enough to build one of my own At the present. Im working on a Dumas Mr, Muligan ... Laramie, P,S, Its not Rubber power, but 5 Chl., with flaps, It is encouraging to see lm not alone, struggling with weight issues!
Mar 30, 2021, 11:56 PM
My covid social distancing activity was to teach my self how to build and fly RC aircraft. I started with the UMX cub then the turbo timber in April and May. Flew my first build June 10 2020 Dumas Mr. Mulligan (see pic) The Tritle tri-pacer is my 6th build.
Have since retired the Mr. Mulligan. I flew the Mulligan as FF first then built the electric conversion. I extended the wing to 34.5 from the kit ws of 30. I figured the Mulligan was a race plane and it would fly better with a bit longer wing, was not disappointed.
Have done the same thing with the Tri-Pacer. Kit ws 50. Upped mine to 54. Virtually no weight coast and a bit less wing loading.
Motor is a Rimfire 400 and I am contemplating running a 2s 2000 mah with 11x 4.7 prop or with 3s 1000 mah 10x5 prop. It weighs about an oz less with the 3s 1000 mah.
Any thoughts?
Apr 01, 2021, 07:27 PM

My thought .....

..... is that it is a beuteful & very well finished plane. I love the green & white! Congrats! Laramie.
Apr 02, 2021, 08:24 PM
Ya, hard to build a ugly Tritle kit.
Thanks for the kind words.
Apr 14, 2021, 01:46 AM

Ya think?

You should just see my Dumas Mr. Mulligan! It wasnt really easy but I managed to build an ugly one Threw no falt of Dumas, & crertinly not Mr. Trittles fault! Well, at the least, let me say in my defence, that I am returning to the hobby, after a long haitus, & materials just aint what they used to be! Well for starters, I started covering my Mr. Mulligan with K&S meddiam silk span, (I got the last 3 sheets of silk/span that Tonys Hobbies had, & any part of the plane covered in that is okay, but with the back door of the garage open, & the front too, the Santa Ana winds that blow here at this time of the year, I was forsed to replace my covering mattereal Well, at Pegasus Hobbies, I got another 3 sheets of Sig brand silk span Wow, what a bust! this isnt eaven worth the paper its printed on! If a butterfly flies by outside, theres a new hole in it! Wow, talk about total lack of tinsel strenghth! I have used Minwax water bassed varnish before with good results, I doubt its the rattle can (Rustoleum brand) paint Im using for color, but Damn! what an ugly airplane! Well, hopfully I can maiden it soon, I just hope to grt the radio back with out too much damage Well, its the proof plane, with something I really like, like Mr. Mulligan, I already have #2 in the works Now, all I need is to retrieve the R/C gear & correct all the mistakes on #1, & I think I might have a decent model airplane! Laramie.
Apr 14, 2021, 07:52 AM
Thread OP
FWIW, Silkspan is getting harder to find, but Brodak stocks it in light and medium grades. I haven't used the medium, but the light works great on the smaller to mid-size r/c stuff.

PAT
Apr 14, 2021, 01:26 PM

Thank you, Pat, ...

... & to think I was at a REAL HOBBYSHOP, last Sunday, Smith Bros. in Northridge (L.A. county) & passed on some Brodak silk span! But I did pick up a roll of the lightest iron on plastic they had, Hanger 9 Ultracoat Parklight, Well lets see how this works out Laramie.
Apr 17, 2021, 09:52 AM
Covered my Mr. Mulligan with just tissue. see above. The green trim is also tissue, kept it pretty light. I did extended the wing a bit to help with wing loading, flew great for my first ever kit build RC plane.
Apr 28, 2021, 12:25 AM

Mr. Mulligan #1 is just a proof ...

... plane, & #2 is 1/2 way built. I have aquirred a roll of Hangar 9 parklite white film, but now I have to get all those irons & such & might I say, again? , Its gotta be better than that Sig silk span, I guess I can use whats left for toilet paper, or wrapping presents next Christmas ... Well, #2 will be better than the proof plane, Ive already made all the mistakes on #1 Laramie.

Quick Reply