Mar 07, 2016, 12:41 PM
I'm pretty sure the bottom of the wing is white

At least that's what I'm going to do. Please post pictures when you get yours covered

Paul
to remove ads between posts
Mar 07, 2016, 01:06 PM
love to fly, hate to crash
I was thinking of posting it here once I had it all done. First off is to finish off a Guillows Neiuport 11 that I am building which I have plans on sharing the build of here when its complete and then finish the Tri Pacer. John
Mar 14, 2016, 11:47 PM

A little progress today

I finally got back to the build tonight. I made some progress and finished up the fuselage - mostly. I still have some inside work and the window/boot cowl sheeting. Does anyone have a photo of their battery placement/structure? I'd just like to see one example before I formulate my own plan.

I don't think I'll tackle the landing gear until after the wings are done - next.

Paul
Mar 15, 2016, 08:04 AM
Veni Vidi Volavi
cadman

If you look at post #331 you will see the hatch I made up in the fuselage bottom for battery access. If I recall (I have sold the TriPacer to a friend a few years back) I glued in a battery tray with velcro against the formers in that area. Do not recall exactly.

Brian

Veni Vidi Volavi

I came I saw I flew
Mar 15, 2016, 08:18 AM
Look at my post #434.
Mar 16, 2016, 07:37 AM
Thanks guys. I'll review your posts before proceeding. I plan on finishing up the interior before adding the window details.

I did get a good start on the left wing. The wing builds are trickier than I expected. Pat outdid himself on the details within this design. It's definitely no quick build for me. I am more anal during construction than most.

Paul
Mar 16, 2016, 07:41 AM
Tip for when you install the flap and aileron servos: Use silicone not goop or epoxy. Makes it much easier to replace the servo (I just replaced one of my flap servos. I made the mistake of using shoe goop and had to cut out and rebuild the balsa servo plate)
Mar 16, 2016, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadmanpilot
I did get a good start on the left wing. The wing builds are trickier than I expected.
You should see the wing construction for Pat's Stinson Reliant. The C-130 is fairly complex too.
Mar 21, 2016, 10:53 AM
I completed the assembly and shaping/sanding of the left wing. It was a real challenge. I'm either building rusty, getting old, or both. Even though Pat was indeed trying to keep this bird as light as possible, I broke and damaged so many ribs during construction/sanding that some denser rib wood would have been much better for me. I think the right wing will go much better now that I know what to avoid. I made removable servo plates from 1/16 plywood. I've got the right wing framed up but have yet to apply any glue. I've been working the fuselage a little as I go as well.

Paul
Mar 21, 2016, 12:24 PM
Retired and Lovin' it!
Paul, I can fail your pain and sympathize. I love Pat's design's but I have become so ham-handed in my old age that it has become very difficult to build them, especially sanding them. Just the friction from the sanding block will break a part. But, if you persevere and get it built , you are rewarded with a very nice flying airplane. I still have to be careful just picking up one of his planes. I break stringers just picking them up and carrying them back from the flight line. That being said, I just bought two more, the AgCat and the Jenny.

Tony
Nov 01, 2018, 02:08 PM
Sorry to drag up an old thread but I'm out of options. I bought a partially built Tritle Tri-Pacer a few years ago and it doesn't have the cowl. A few months back I tried e-mailing Pat, Sparky and Manzano to try to buy a replacement cowl. Didn't get a response from any of them. Does anyone just happen to have a spare cowl for the Tritle Tri-Pacer that they're willing to sell? I'd love to have this be the next bird I pull out of the dungeon to finish and fly. If I can't get all the parts then it'll sit there all alone on a dark shelf in the back of the closet for a few more years......

Joe
Nov 01, 2018, 02:17 PM
Veni Vidi Volavi
Joe

Surprised you did not get a response from either Pat or Keith at Park Flyer Plastics. Might want to try again and see what happens. Pat usually responds to me fairly quickly but sometimes in can take a week or so if he is busy on a project. Keith has always gotten right back to me usually within a day or so.

Brian

Veni Vidi Volavi

I came I saw I flew
Last edited by Brian Allen; Nov 01, 2018 at 02:53 PM.
Nov 01, 2018, 02:29 PM
Brian,

I thought it was strange too. Maybe will get a response from this thread and have something to go on.

Joe
Nov 01, 2018, 02:54 PM
Good looking Cook+Maid needed
Tom is on vacation until Nov. 3
Nov 01, 2018, 02:59 PM
Thread OP
Joe, Try dropping Tom a line at [email protected]. I know he stocks parts for all the Short Kits. I also know he had some problems with his e-mail not long ago, but I've had no problem getting through lately. It's also odd that Sparky nor I got back. Personally, I don't recall getting a request regarding parts for the Pacer or Tri-Pacer for a LONG time???

PAT

Quick Reply