Jul 24, 2012, 06:27 AM
Bugle6
Let us know where you find the decals. Or, if you make your own, will you upload your patterns? Thanks! Would love to do the same with the Old Crow.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 24, 2012, 11:03 AM
Am I a Registered user?
I am going to order decals from Callie Graphics, the old crow version I will be doing is the silver P-51 D Mustang.
Jul 25, 2012, 06:06 AM
Bugle6
Great choice! Callie has done great work for me with very reasonable prices. Will these be stickers or water slide?
Jul 25, 2012, 01:14 PM
Am I a Registered user?
My choice would have to be stickers, they seem to stick well. I have had good luck with her before, here are some of my Dads latest creations
Jul 25, 2012, 01:22 PM
Am I a Registered user?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtflyr
Yellow Baron,

I made blue construction foam molds a while back and vac formed .010 styrene takes with micro rare earth magnets for the wings and tank so they would pop on and off they were pretty cool when flying and landing WO LG on a gym floor since they would sometimes pop off on landings. Someone took them while at an indoor fly-in, I have not made another set. I made some for JoesS475 you can see them on pages 19, 21 and flying on his plane on page 31 of this forum.

I also did a paper and foam set of paper tanks for another P-51 mod I did.

Somewhere in this forum I did posts on each build and there are pic's here somewhere on the vac formed tanks on mine while flying.

Pete
Do you make the teardrop tanks?
Jul 26, 2012, 06:25 AM
Just another FPV addicted teen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis A
.....d-day stripes, olive drab, named "uh oh".
thats awesome maybe the um corsair would look good painted in the same scheme i just got mine so keep a look out
Jul 26, 2012, 08:07 PM
Am I a Registered user?
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN
Looks great. For your next trick, you need to do a Malcolm Hood B/C canopy, so we can make a Bud Anderson/Jack Roush Old Crow:

I got the chance to meet Bud Anersen.
Jul 29, 2012, 02:49 PM
Am I a Registered user?
OK keep em' coming.
Aug 13, 2012, 02:51 AM
Am I a Registered user?
Closed thread.
Aug 13, 2012, 06:05 AM
Power Wheels Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratix 3D
Closed thread.
It's not closed, it's just 3 years old and nobody has modified a Parkzone UM P-51 lately. If someone modifies one, they should feel free to post pictures.
Aug 14, 2012, 01:49 PM
HH needs to make a mustang V2 like the umx spitfire. With all those scale details, and a brushless motor, and AS3X.
Aug 14, 2012, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese5
HH needs to make a mustang V2 .
Very nice, Cheese.

Gene K
Aug 14, 2012, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese5
HH needs to make a mustang V2 like the umx spitfire. With all those scale details, and a brushless motor, and AS3X.
Hey, I like the flaps! I was thinking about doing that, how does it fly with that flap mod?
Aug 14, 2012, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo
Hey, I like the flaps! I was thinking about doing that, how does it fly with that flap mod?
The mustang with flaps was fun to fly. 2 different flying styles with the flick of a switch. But the downside was, that mod weighed the mustang down a lot, increased wing loading, so in reality the mustang with flaps down flew as slow as the stock mustang. For that mod the rods were too flimsy so the controls were mushy. Use stronger rods that don't flex for the mod.
Aug 25, 2012, 10:11 AM
Technomancer
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN
It's not closed, it's just 3 years old and nobody has modified a Parkzone UM P-51 lately. If someone modifies one, they should feel free to post pictures.
Phewfff!!! good call

I've had my mustang for over a year now, but I have only taken it out of the box twice and never flown it. I have always been too scared to fly it, but recently I have been praticing alot with phoenix, so Im feeling pretty confident for a maiden flight at the old Templehof airport (in Berlin) soon (whenever the weather permits).

My question is are there any modifications that should be done straight off the bat before flying???

Also I plan on making my own light kit soon, if I dont crash too badly on my first flight.

Quick Reply