Apr 02, 2012, 10:17 PM
hey everyone. I just pulled my p-38 out and decided it was time to finish it. I have misplaced one hatch door for the retracts and 3 hinges. Does anyone have some parts from a crash or otherwise that they would be willing to part with. Thanks
to remove ads between posts
Apr 03, 2012, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoehnelli
hey everyone. I just pulled my p-38 out and decided it was time to finish it. I have misplaced one hatch door for the retracts and 3 hinges. Does anyone have some parts from a crash or otherwise that they would be willing to part with. Thanks
I've got those parts extra from the BH first one. Gladly part with them no charge. Not sure if they will fit yours.
Apr 03, 2012, 07:27 PM
thanks, those are exaxtly the ones i am after. I really appreciate the help. All I need is your paypal and I will have some shipping money on its way. Thanks
Apr 05, 2012, 11:07 AM
Always Fly Two Mistakes High!

Getting Closer...

Here are some pics of completed retract install in pods but still working on nose gear. Got the wings/pods wired to fuselage...what a mess! Now I have to hook everything up and see if it actually works. Starting to get excited now that I see it all together.

Russ

P.S. Note the use of 3.5 mm bullet connectors to EC3 connectors. Saves a little room and a couple of connectors and works great.
Apr 05, 2012, 08:24 PM
Russ you will have a nice plane there when you are finished. I did not have the patience for that. When my mechanicals were failing right out of the box I ripped them out and made it a belly flopper. You will find it a very relaxing docile flyer. It does not like wind however.

Good Luck
Alan
Apr 05, 2012, 10:06 PM
I just got back from flying mine in 22kts winds she's my go to plane if it gets windy and on a decent breeze she will actually fly backwards
Apr 05, 2012, 10:57 PM
Yeah, the old gal plays nice in the wind...in fact, I've flown it in more wind than any other RC plane in my collection.
It just seems nice and stable, probably because it has little cross sectional area viewed from the side in relation to its size.
Apr 06, 2012, 08:29 AM
I would love to see you all flying in a 22 kt wind. Especially landing in a cross wind. I'm not saying it can't be done but that big wing is like a kite. maybe mine is lighter than you guys' planes. I have many/most of my planes that fly better in the wind.

Alan
Apr 06, 2012, 09:40 AM
AMA 353531
A stiff crosswind landing is tough, but the airplane is well behaved through it all.
Apr 06, 2012, 09:57 AM
Just hopin to get mine into the wind!
Apr 07, 2012, 02:50 AM
Most I've ever flown it in was 25 gusting to 30, you forget that west Texas is known for it's wind.
I don't land crosswind though, I've got plenty of room to land into the wind whichever way it's blowing.
It was all stock, minus landing gear, with a 2200mah battery.
Yes, it does wag its tail and bob around, but it rarely changes flight profile.
Seems to keep going the same way no matter what kind of gust hits it.
On occasion I'd fly with a 3300mah battery shoved all the way back into the gondola giving it a way tail heavy CG, was great for aerobatics but that never seemed to phase the wind penetration and stability of it.

On the other hand, I've got a Pitts that some people swear handles heavy wind like a champ, but I'm all over the map with it as soon as a breeze passes through.
Maybe it has more to do with how the controls are set up and what kind of model you're best suited to fly?

Next JPower I get (going with the V2 this time) I'll be sure to get a video of it flying in the strongest wind that I can catch, complete with a Kestrel wind reading for the skeptics
Apr 07, 2012, 10:29 PM
P38 Sentimental Journey_0001.wmv (3 min 49 sec)

Pick up two dice cams thought i would give move making a try I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks
we had a little wind in socal today also but that what makes it exciting
Apr 07, 2012, 10:32 PM
well maybe not( new tricks ) ill try to fix it and repost it ok i think thats got
Apr 10, 2012, 03:26 PM

Frustrated

I got all of my wires together and connected last night and then connected battery for first time and NUTHIN happened.

I couldn't get any power to get the RX to bind at all. I would see a little flicker of power when I connected it at the connector but nothing to the RX.

I then went back to each nacelle and tried to bind to just one ESC at a time and nothing there either. I did this with both ESC's individually and same thing nothing. The only thing I can think of is that I have 2 bad ESC's!!!

They are both 50 amp Red Brick Opto ESC's from HK and although both of these are new, I've been using this type for two other planes with no problems.

It wouldn't matter how the motor wires are connected to the ESC except that the motor might turn opposite direction right?

Any other thoughts would be appreciated...

Russ
Apr 10, 2012, 03:29 PM
Scott
Try adjusting your throttle trim all the way down.

Quick Reply