Feb 01, 2013, 06:48 PM
Nice! We have a few of those here. Mine is a bit more immobile but we have much more room My personal GCS is being ignored at the moment as well but I only have 19 more days in the sandbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disp0sablehero
this is my ground station

unfortunately its keeping me from completing my fpv groud station at home

anybody try using tv screens usually used in cars? ive got a buddy who has about 7 screens he ripped out of a BMW he bought (previous owner pimped his own ride...) figure if anything they would be better (and cheaper in my case) than gutting a small tv bought brand new...
to remove ads between posts
Feb 01, 2013, 09:04 PM
Aus
Aus
ʎןɟ inverted ɹǝpunuʍop
Hi all, apologies if this has been answered before, but how are you guys securing your components, monitors, etc. in the pelican style cases?

Thanks, Aus.
Feb 01, 2013, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disp0sablehero
this is my ground station

anybody try using tv screens usually used in cars? ive got a buddy who has about 7 screens he ripped out of a BMW he bought (previous owner pimped his own ride...) figure if anything they would be better (and cheaper in my case) than gutting a small tv bought brand new...
Yes, worked just fine for me until I found out the hard way of the "BSOD." The only way to stop the BSOD was to run the signal through the recorder then as ouput to the screen--worked fine then.
Feb 01, 2013, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca
LOL ! Put it in loiter mode while you...em...concentrate on something else. As long as you don't mix up your RTH
Lies.... ALL OF THEM LIES!!!

Well played sir. Now back to landing hueys and cobras fml
Feb 01, 2013, 11:38 PM
Multicopter Crash Tester
Started my build today using a Zeikos Photography Case and Kogan 19" 12v TV......

Still a fair bit to go yet.... Facia for the Tv, switches and wiring etc.... but managed to get the basic pieces cut and test fitted. Free ply and scrap wood from work. Will be vinyl wrapped when finished.
Last edited by Amfamora; Feb 02, 2013 at 12:42 AM.
Feb 02, 2013, 12:02 AM
Lt Col, USAF, Retired
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amfamora
Started my build today using a Zeikos Photo Case and Kogan 19" 12v TV......

Still a fair bit to go yet.... Facia for the Tv, switches and wiring etc.... but managed to get the basic pieces cut and test fitted. Free ply and scrap wood from work. Will be vinyl wrapped when finished.
Got the same case. Like it a lot! Here are a few more pics of my GS in progress.
Feb 02, 2013, 12:22 AM
Multicopter Crash Tester
^^ Soo Many Switches and Volt Meters Looks great!

Its a huge case, its great.... found the lid and floor a little flimsy hence the ply inserts. Besides that plenty of room for everything you could want.
Feb 02, 2013, 12:31 AM
Lt Col, USAF, Retired
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amfamora
^^ Soo Many Switches and Volt Meters Looks great!

Its a huge case, its great.... found the lid and floor a little flimsy hence the ply inserts. Besides that plenty of room for everything you could want.
I know, probably too many switches, but oh well. I did the same and added some strength to the lid and the base of the case as well. Below is a draft of what the final version should look like and the power distribution. Making some changes here and there as I build it.

Already decided to go with a SLA 12V battery and 15V AC-DC Regulated power supply tied into a picoPSU. That way, the external power will pick up when I connect it and charge the battery as well. Also adding an external 12 volt input from the car battery in case I run low in the internal battery.
Feb 02, 2013, 01:57 AM
Multicopter Crash Tester
I have a question if anyone can ease my concerns....

Have a 24 to 12v stepdown regulator with a a max of 5amps or 60w draw. TV alone shows 12v 3A max draw. Once I throw in USB Ports the Video receiver, video amplifier will I be pushing my luck?

Also says 24v input Ill be running off a 5000mah 4S Lipo. Anyone think Ill run into dramas?
Last edited by Amfamora; Feb 02, 2013 at 04:23 AM.
Feb 02, 2013, 04:42 AM
So many nice and professionaly designs here!
It's obviously two ways to a GS. The one that is as simple as possible with minimum switches and things to it and the ones that are made like a military design with everything! Both are interesting in it's own way. Now it's time to descide which ideas I'm gonna borrow. Sweet!
Feb 02, 2013, 05:19 AM
Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fullbird
Yes, worked just fine for me until I found out the hard way of the "BSOD." The only way to stop the BSOD was to run the signal through the recorder then as ouput to the screen--worked fine then.
What resolution screen did you use?
Was it VGA+ or one of the cheap ones with 234 vertical res?
Feb 02, 2013, 05:20 AM
Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc10kevin
Got the same case. Like it a lot! Here are a few more pics of my GS in progress.
Looks great!
Do you have a link/description/product# for the switches and voltage meters handy? Could I have it please?
Feb 02, 2013, 06:04 AM
Multicopter Crash Tester
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmavr8
Looks great!
Do you have a link/description/product# for the switches and voltage meters handy? Could I have it please?

All ebay mate.... 20 of those switches cost me like AU$10 and the Volt Amp displays range from AU$5 - $9 each _

Switches:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/130810152...84.m1497.l2649

Voltage Display..... $3... I lied :P

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-2-Wir...item4ab7c5f0f5
Feb 02, 2013, 06:21 AM
Here are the switches I ordered. Took about 2 weeks to arrive. I have several different colors for different functions.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1pcs-Green-S...E:L:OC:US:3160

And the voltmeters

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blue-4-5V-30...E:L:OU:US:3160

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Red-4-5V-30V...E:L:OU:US:3160

Oh, and if you want some really nice panel mount RCA connectors, take a look at these. Its what I will be using,

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...A_Chassis.html
Feb 02, 2013, 06:32 AM
Multicopter Crash Tester
While were at it flush mounted USB ports without need for UBEC's.... Just solder your wires to the terminals....

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/170686371...84.m1497.l2648

Quick Reply