Oct 16, 2009, 11:07 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Pitts s2a CAD construction plans

Hello,
I would like to built Pitts S2A airplane (wing span cca 40 inch) from balsa and I wonder if someone has a CAD (or PDF) plans (technical drawing) with all necessary dimensions and building instructions, so I will be able not only to built it but also to fly with it
I found some plans but mostly not detailed enough and I am worried about their aerodynamics. It would be great if someone could help me.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 17, 2009, 07:50 PM
What goes up must come down,
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja_kozmo
Hello,
I would like to built Pitts S2A airplane (wing span cca 40 inch) from balsa and I wonder if someone has a CAD (or PDF) plans (technical drawing) with all necessary dimensions and building instructions, so I will be able not only to built it but also to fly with it
I found some plans but mostly not detailed enough and I am worried about their aerodynamics. It would be great if someone could help me.
i'm in the same boat.need help
Oct 18, 2009, 09:08 AM
If no one can find you CAD plans, you might want to check out the paper plans from RCM http://www.rcmplans.com/index.php?ma...&keyword=pitts

Alan
Oct 18, 2009, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja_kozmo
Hello,

Back in a 1973 edition of American Aircraft Modeler they refer to the Pitts S2-A as the Big Stinker, and the earlier S2 model as the Little Stinker. Was not aware of this. But mention is made that there are numerous plans out on market, and all seem to vary as to accuracy.

So, you may locate a set of copied plans in DWG or TIF format, but they ae only accurate as of that model. Not as of the actual aircraft.

Wm.
Oct 18, 2009, 01:17 PM
-insert witty saying here-
If a Pitts M12 will do, you can get a free PDF copy of the plans here...

http://www.gundersonaerodesign.com/p...rtkits/burton/

As far as an S2A, you should check the "links to free plans" sticky on the scratchbuilding forum on RCUniverse.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_174/tt.htm

Quick Reply