New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Feb 14, 2012, 08:10 PM
iloveflying is offline
Find More Posts by iloveflying
Registered User

thanks


waaw thanks a lot john that is a nice design ...i just wanted to ask if the servo needs some glue to be fit or youre just using screw ....and im living in NY how many days it will take to deliver ....and thank you again for the help man
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2012, 08:15 PM
xtremeRCpilot is offline
Find More Posts by xtremeRCpilot
Registered User
xtremeRCpilot's Avatar
My pleasure! It comes with two very small screws that fit through the servo and into the bridge piece. you could glue it in with CA but this way would make it easy to remove and they dont really weigh anything It would take maybe a day or two from OHio.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 08:27 PM
xtremeRCpilot is offline
Find More Posts by xtremeRCpilot
Registered User
xtremeRCpilot's Avatar
I forgot to mention that it was designed around the D47 servo specific, I have not tried other servos with it... If another servo is used you may have to exclude the bridge piece and glue it to the face of the mount but it would work either way
Old Feb 15, 2012, 06:22 PM
iloveflying is offline
Find More Posts by iloveflying
Registered User

:)


hi pilots does anyone nows the music that gernot brukman used in his ETOC 2011 Freestyle
Old Mar 13, 2012, 07:50 AM
Munyuk is offline
Find More Posts by Munyuk
Registered User
Hey guys,

Im glad I found this thread, learned a lot from the last few pages (vpp, hinging, ball links etc).
RJ and Devin, what were the power set-ups you guys used in you mini mx3's.
From the vids on FlightPass I know RJ used the Rimfire 200 but for unspeakable reasons ... switched to the hacker A10 -15s (but was a too bit heavy and power full) and Devin used the Rimfire 200 but what were the servos (and weight), the li-po's and other gear used?

Cheers,
Zac
Old Mar 13, 2012, 08:32 AM
hpapilot is offline
Find More Posts by hpapilot
Oly crap.. Deese ease not gud!
hpapilot's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munyuk View Post
Hey guys,

Im glad I found this thread, learned a lot from the last few pages (vpp, hinging, ball links etc).
RJ and Devin, what were the power set-ups you guys used in you mini mx3's.
From the vids on FlightPass I know RJ used the Rimfire 200 but for unspeakable reasons ... switched to the hacker A10 -15s (but was a too bit heavy and power full) and Devin used the Rimfire 200 but what were the servos (and weight), the li-po's and other gear used?

Cheers,
Zac
Hi Zac,

I actually never used the Rimfire 200, I broke a wire on it while soldering it to the ESC and then used the 15S right from the start. It actually isn't too heavy at all!! But it is heavier, and doesn't really overpower the Rimfire 200 by very much with that prop. It has a little more low-end power, but in a vertical drag race, the extra weight cancels out the extra power and the two are very well matched. We used cheapo 3g servos and 2S 180mah lipos, with direct-soldered 4-channel Futaba receivers. I think I have a Hacker X-5 ESC in mine, and Devin has a Thunderbird 6 or 9. We both use the GWS 7x3.5 DD prop which seems to work very well.

They're fun airplanes!

RJ
Old Mar 13, 2012, 08:56 AM
Munyuk is offline
Find More Posts by Munyuk
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpapilot View Post
Hi Zac,

I actually never used the Rimfire 200, I broke a wire on it while soldering it to the ESC and then used the 15S right from the start. It actually isn't too heavy at all!! But it is heavier, and doesn't really overpower the Rimfire 200 by very much with that prop. It has a little more low-end power, but in a vertical drag race, the extra weight cancels out the extra power and the two are very well matched. We used cheapo 3g servos and 2S 180mah lipos, with direct-soldered 4-channel Futaba receivers. I think I have a Hacker X-5 ESC in mine, and Devin has a Thunderbird 6 or 9. We both use the GWS 7x3.5 DD prop which seems to work very well.

They're fun airplanes!

RJ
Haha, these are almost the exact words you said in the interview. I believe there is 2.6grams difference in weight between the motors. the vertical performance I have seen is really quite amazing.

What about flight time, does the hacker draw more than the Rimfire?

Zac
Old Mar 13, 2012, 09:09 AM
Free is offline
Find More Posts by Free
"Free" in Christ! #F3P
Free's Avatar
Devin said that he used a Castle Creations 10 amp speed control.

Free
Old Mar 16, 2012, 02:53 AM
nagayama13 is offline
Find More Posts by nagayama13
OSMBuddha
nagayama13's Avatar
I still need alot (understatement) of practice, but here's a vid anyhow.....
Axi Mamo VPP Spring Hill Ks.mp4 (3 min 22 sec)
Old Mar 16, 2012, 10:14 AM
Free is offline
Find More Posts by Free
"Free" in Christ! #F3P
Free's Avatar
You're not that bad.

What was your setup and AUW?

Free
Old Mar 16, 2012, 10:36 AM
nagayama13 is offline
Find More Posts by nagayama13
OSMBuddha
nagayama13's Avatar
Axi motor, mamo vpp, 9" blades, hitec servos, 2s 65c 350, about 6 1/4 oz.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 11:59 AM
motorhead is offline
Find More Posts by motorhead
Registered User
motorhead's Avatar
I thought it was great!
Mike
Old Mar 16, 2012, 01:38 PM
nagayama13 is offline
Find More Posts by nagayama13
OSMBuddha
nagayama13's Avatar
Thanks Mike! Still don't have the pitch and throttle dialed in......
Old Mar 16, 2012, 06:15 PM
Vapor Trails is offline
Find More Posts by Vapor Trails
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Vapor Trails's Avatar
Sure looks dialed in! great flying!
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Please kill isis
Old Mar 17, 2012, 12:01 PM
air mail rcg is offline
Find More Posts by air mail rcg
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagayama13 View Post
I still need alot (understatement) of practice, but here's a vid anyhow.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSwFA3uxU_k
Great, Great video. Liked everything about it. What was the song?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GW Extra 330 and Yak Foam Fly by gw-ezone part 2 Martin Hunter 3D Flying 293 Nov 18, 2006 06:27 PM
Edge 540 by Fancy Foam JWarren Foamies (Kits) 27 Aug 03, 2005 04:53 PM
Edge 540 by Fancy Foam Models JWarren 3D Flying 0 Oct 22, 2004 11:32 AM
Fancy Foam Models - Take a look! mycamel Product Announcements 2 Feb 18, 2004 08:12 PM
WTB vintage foam slopers by Combat Models AMTJIM Aircraft - Sailplanes (FS/W) 2 Jun 12, 2003 09:28 AM