Oct 17, 2012, 05:42 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
check out this guys work...Simply fantastic !! I was looking at the 5th pic, green w/ spider webs for my 500e...Only Ouch @ $250 http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/t714761p1/
to remove ads between posts
Oct 17, 2012, 06:18 PM
Just fly
I did notice you do like your green. Is this your way of satisfying your needs of not having a goblin as yet? hahaha.
Oct 17, 2012, 08:47 PM
That is only $100 more than you paid for the helicopter lol! and yes he is compensating for not having a Goblin
Oct 17, 2012, 09:35 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
Lol....you guys are probably rite...deep down what I really want is a goblin 700...I just can't see myself paying $2,000 for one...and I'm guessing the upcoming goblin 500 will total about $1500 when all said and done...its just to damn much.....and I wonder how many canopys that guy sells at $240 a pop for a 500, that's insane.
Oct 17, 2012, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion
Lol....you guys are probably rite...deep down what I really want is a goblin 700...I just can't see myself paying $2,000 for one...and I'm guessing the upcoming goblin 500 will total about $1500 when all said and done...its just to damn much.....and I wonder how many canopys that guy sells at $240 a pop for a 500, that's insane.
This will make you feel better.

Goblin up in flames (5 min 4 sec)

I like how he's flying a Goblin 700 at a public park.
Oct 18, 2012, 09:56 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xBb4SGxNtI

And, if you stop frame at the 1:10 mark or so, he's flying that awesome heli on a lowly DX7!
Oct 18, 2012, 11:48 AM
Need More PURPLE !!
Hook line and sinker yet again crvnation.skider87.sertav.kokopelli.sviking. I knew you would bite on the runryder link..lol...ill be sure and let jim g know its you again under yet another shill acct. Fishing is just to easy with you..lol
Oct 18, 2012, 12:44 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xBb4SGxNtI

I remember seeing this vid in helifreak a few months back and posted on it..memory serves me rite was yet another castle esc flaming out..same happend to me couple years back flaming on a 500 I had. Hard for me to be a fan of castle esc..sounds like they now have all the bugs worked out with the ice 2s.
Oct 18, 2012, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion
I remember seeing this vid in helifreak a few months back and posted on it..memory serves me rite was yet another castle esc flaming out..same happend to me couple years back flaming on a 500 I had. Hard for me to be a fan of castle esc..sounds like they now have all the bugs worked out with the ice 2s.
I think it would be hard to blame the ESC for this one since he stuffed the Goblin into the ground from inverted from a series of increasingly wild piro flip type moves! The impact was enough to break all manner of things, and a battery short would lead to a fire every time. There was a lot of white smoke preceding the fire though. I'm not sure how lipo fires start out, but the dreaded white smoke from an ESC means the caps are burning. I thought the pilot took it pretty well.
Oct 18, 2012, 03:02 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
2doggs: Yes he took it very well. I myself would have been dropping f-bombs for the next few hours. Yet another reason why its hard for me to drop 2k into a heli model. lol....Mhills: thought you might get a kick out of this pic. My wife is a surgical R.n , every now and then brings me home What she thinks may be good hobby tools . How bout these 16" clamps..lol. ( I cant think of a use for them " yet" ) ha ha
Oct 18, 2012, 04:11 PM
Nice for getting into that scale fuse to fix or move things around.

Usually the lipos put out a huge cloud of white smoke before they catch fire. Looks like a piece of the CF fame cut into the top pack on impact. My last pack that did that I thought was never going to catch fire. It was like a giant smoke bomb.
Oct 18, 2012, 04:55 PM
always good to hear from someone with direct experience of a crash with a lipo fire! Here's hoping you won't have another one any time soon!
Oct 18, 2012, 05:17 PM
It seems it's always your best or newest pack.... dam you Murphy!! and your dam law lol!
Oct 18, 2012, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crvnation
And, if you stop frame at the 1:10 mark or so, he's flying that awesome heli on a lowly DX7!
There's a guy on the Devo hacking thread that knows someone that flies his Goblin on a Devo 8 and an RX802 receiver. Apparently he's never had a lockout with this (which is more than you can often say for DSM2)
Oct 18, 2012, 05:35 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
There's a guy on the Devo hacking thread that knows someone that flies his Goblin on a Devo 8S and an RX802 receiver. Apparently he's never had a lockout with this (which is more than you can often say for DSM2)
Wow, that's ghetto.

Never, ever had a single issue on DSM2. Same goes for DSMX these days.

Quick Reply