Aug 25, 2012, 06:01 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
Gotz to give Evltoy A huge shout out. Took your advice on picking up some orange Kbdd orange dampers for some insane tracking issues i was having. This was the cure in all flight modes and is now tracking spot on. I just never would have imagined that the align 80 dampers would not have been good enough in this case... when it was good enough for all my other helis. Thanks for the tip My Bru-thaaa.. ( American slang)
Last edited by Dejavu*Xion; Aug 25, 2012 at 06:11 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 25, 2012, 06:09 PM
Closed Account
FWIW, I use the green Youngblood dampers in the RJX head also.

Heh, I removed, cleaned and pressed in the HK500 OWB with green locktite last week. I took it out to fly today, and guess what....?

No, not that...I installed it upside down Doh. I have another HK main assembly to put in tonight. I'll just order the Align assembly this weekend.

It was a good day anyway, I am getting 450 rainbows down more weller than before. Still waiting for Spring servos from GoodLuckBuy.
Aug 25, 2012, 06:14 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
lol...I have been known to install a few parts in backwards here and ther dave.( many moons ago of course...NOT...ha ) .annoying because sometimes one has to un-do an hour of work to get it rite..ha
Aug 25, 2012, 06:17 PM
Just fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stixx44
Gotz to give Evltoy A huge shout out. Took your advice on picking up some orange Kbdd orange dampers for some insane tracking issues i was having. This was the cure in all flight modes and is now tracking spot on. I just never would have imagined that the align 80 dampers would not have been good enough in this case... when it was good enough for all my other helis. Thanks for the tip My Bru-thaaa.. ( American slang)
Thats good news to read. Glade to help out.

I'm very surprised about the Align damperners too. You may have some fauty ones that come in your kit??? Maything is its working now. Dont forget if your putting this in s fuse and lowering the HS you may get some vibs.

Since the day I had the problem, I installed the Align dampener with sleeve and never had any issues.
Aug 25, 2012, 06:26 PM
I was just about to ask if he had the sleeve in as well
Aug 25, 2012, 06:33 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by evltoy
Thats good news to read. Glade to help out.

I'm very surprised about the Align damperners too. You may have some fauty ones that come in your kit??? Maything is its working now. Dont forget if your putting this in s fuse and lowering the HS you may get some vibs.

Since the day I had the problem, I installed the Align dampener with sleeve and never had any issues.
I haven't heard of a sleeve like this. Is it this? http://www.helipal.com/h50083-feathe...leeve-set.html

If so, I wonder if it works with the RJX head. I'll order a couple of these also. Thanks!
Aug 25, 2012, 07:40 PM
Closed Account
Sorry to swamp the thread after the first post in a week.

I did install the YEP 100A in the 2nd HK500, and it fits well under the battery platform. I don't have the Spring cyclic servos yet, so it probably won't fly for a couple more weeks.

I have the aluminum Tarot 500 slider and tail assembly which look nice, and may install that on my HK500 #1, then move the plastic Align tail parts to HK500 #2.

I'll just quit if you're tired of hearing about my HK500s. PM me I can take it I could post more pics and video also! I am not enthusiastic about the stock HK500GT, but I've invested a lot of thought, time, and money into it, and it works well.
Aug 25, 2012, 07:42 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51
I was just about to ask if he had the sleeve in as well
I would think that would be a givin..way to much play without a sleeve..Have you done this ?
Aug 25, 2012, 07:44 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle777
Sorry to swamp the thread after the first post in a week.

I did install the YEP 100A in the 2nd HK500, and it fits well under the battery platform. I don't have the Spring cyclic servos yet, so it probably won't fly for a couple more weeks.

I have the aluminum Tarot 500 slider and tail assembly which look nice, and may install that on my HK500 #1, then move the plastic Align tail parts to HK500 #2.

I'll just quit if you're tired of hearing about my HK500s. PM me I can take it I could post more pics and video also! I am not enthusiastic about the stock HK500GT, but I've invested a lot of thought, time, and money into it, and it works well.
Atleast your in the rite thread for it all...Me ? Meh...Not so much. lol
Aug 25, 2012, 07:50 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stixx44
Atleast your in the rite thread for it all...Me ? Meh...Not so much. lol
That's fine too. I mean I have the stuff, and it flies ok. Whether I should abandon the HKs...Nah, it/I fly better than a couple (one?) people at the field. I don't feel like I am missing out or that it is a POS anymore (till I inspect of the Gauis or better). Point is, be happy with what you got I guess.
Aug 26, 2012, 10:57 PM
Closed Account
Got the new main/auto gear assembly in last night, and flew 6 flights. I had the most annoying scrape/squeal like a main gear scraping the frame, something like that. It turned out to be the lower main bearing bad. It doesn't feel rough, perfectly normal. I'd like to take it apart, but it has a segmented keeper at the edge of the dust plate, and there's no obvious way to get it out.

I also revived the FB EXI 450 with a brand new https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...g_0_07sec.html I actually bought this a long time ago when just looking at speed and torque. I mean it couldn't hurt to try.

Running 5V and 71Hz with a Turnigy MEMS. Slow circuits, scale flight. Servo case cool to the touch after a flight. Smart install, amiright? Well, it quit working in the middle of the third flight with a pirouette to the ground.. What the heck? There goes another set of Align 325 woodies.
Aug 26, 2012, 11:10 PM
Nice to hear your 500 is up! I wish I could hand you a new bearing. I have a bunch lol! I got the 500pro up Friday for just one flight and now that I have the HB800 (beast clone) set up in the 450. I now have to change the settings on the 500. It's flipping way too slow. I almost thought something was wrong, but it's just that I have the 450 set for extreme and the 500 set on sport.
Aug 26, 2012, 11:12 PM
It's nice to see that HK has the 80Hz listed! I have been trying to tell people those servos are rated that low. Not a problem on cyclic. Not a problem on the tail if you use it as a analog
Last edited by mhills51; Aug 26, 2012 at 11:27 PM.
Aug 26, 2012, 11:28 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
It's nice to see that HK has the 80Hz listed! I have been trying to tell people those servos are rated that low. Not a problem on cyclic.
Well till it stops responding anyway. These seem pretty bad. I had always taken that the cheap tail servos burned up because of 6V, 333Hz, or both. I went with the lowest possible strain to the servo, but got burned again.
This was running at 5V 71Hz. A cyclic application would probably have stopped working also.

No offense, just trying to make a point. I'm done with the HK servos. Except for airplanes. The Tower/HXT900 has been pretty dang good, plus some of the MG 3D aircraft servos for 48".
Aug 26, 2012, 11:40 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Nice to hear your 500 is up! I wish I could hand you a new bearing. I have a bunch lol! I got the 500pro up Friday for just one flight and now that I have the HB800 (beast clone) set up in the 450. I now have to change the settings on the 500. It's flipping way too slow. I almost thought something was wrong, but it's just that I have the 450 set for extreme and the 500 set on sport.
Thanks, I'm still running the 500 with the HK/XHeli blades and one guy who flew it says it is not very responsive comparative to his, but I'll keep on with them (responsive enough for me now). I have all my ZYXs set up for extreme 3D and adjusted PID for no wobble, and it seems like a nice gyro. No piro adjustments yet, I'll get there.

Quick Reply