Aug 15, 2012, 09:38 PM
You down with EPP?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQuid*Xion
So get this and you heard it here first..( this time for reals ) I am done done done with align 70amp esc..Never again..This recent one i just bought again both brown capacitors. ( i think thats what they are....Filter dirty electricity ) Both of them vibrated off in flight..And this was on my new align 500e..Flys silky smooth..Or so it did..Anyways I'm wondering if ther is a market for these align 70amp esc for those with good enough soldering skills to re-attach ? only having it for a few flights really grinds my gears..So I'm looking into a hobbywing 80 or a yep.. More then likely a hobbywing..Hate waiting 3 weeks on hk. I say we all ban together and say no more to align esc's..over the past two years they sure have gotten sloppy.....P.s nice ride ther jhonny..Why dont you part that bad boy out and sell me that Ice 75...ha
I actually just started parting it out. $80 shipped for the controller. It is setup for heli's and it has been through the 4 flights to tell you if it is going to smoke or not.

Castle rule of thumb....... If it is junk you will find out in the first 3 flights. If it passes, it's solid.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 15, 2012, 09:39 PM
Just fly
HK to OZ... EMS shipping.. 5 days Tops (once shipped)
Aug 15, 2012, 10:22 PM
Here you go! the Ice controllers are the same as YEP. The programmer is the same as well so anyone having problems getting the programmer from HK can get it here. http://www.hobbydream.com/rc-electri...00gmqmpc15tp84
Aug 15, 2012, 10:26 PM
KoOl BrEeZe
Have ordered thru hk at least ten times..all my orders took at least 17-21 days..the USA warehouse on the other hand is at my door on day 3 or 4....damn Johnny..did not think you would part that heli out..looks like to nice of a set up to have done that.. But thanks all the same ,,,I just ordered a hobbywing 80 pro..
Aug 15, 2012, 11:18 PM
Knobbs
IS the Ice from Hobbydream exactly the same as YEP? It IS cheaper. Not by a ton, but hey, savings is savings. Was thinking I was gonna get the YEP 80, but maybe the ICE and a program card for nearly the same price.

Rishelman
Aug 15, 2012, 11:49 PM
You know how it go's once someone makes a copy they all make it. I'm sure they are the same. They have all the same models and the program card is 100% the same.
Aug 18, 2012, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Here you go BL, try these, http://www.align-trex.co.uk/trex-500...50-p-2063.html.
Hi Paul

Sorry I haven't replied earlier, but here goes.
Extreme titanium turnbuckles (as per your link) obtained and now fitted.
Result, perfect, exactly what I needed, many thanks.

Also found an unexpected side benefit.
Had the heli quite a while, so I decided to recheck the head settings and set it up on a new transmitter.
Bearing in mind I have the fixed Tarot links at the top, these turnbuckles are the only adjustment, so, with the sticks in the middle, all I have to do is wind the turnbuckles in or out until I have zero pitch on the blades, and that's job done. Simplicity itself.
I can then set the pitch and throttle curves to my taste.

BTW, I do not use a pitch guage to set zero pitch. What I do is get a length of 3mm rod of some sort, drop it through the blade bolt holes, and then adjust until the rod is parallel to the mainshaft. Bingo, zero degrees.

Very simple to do, and the heli now flies a treat.

Cheers

BL
Aug 18, 2012, 05:40 AM
Mildly Confused
Nice one. I'm glad you have it sorted. It's always good to get a bit of positive feedback so I really appreciate your reply.

Cheers Paul.
Aug 18, 2012, 06:40 PM
KoOl BrEeZe
Just got in from field..Did about 4 flights on the 600 and 7 on the 500e..Im telling ya guys, This 500e is freaking sweet. Aligns basic bargain 500 no frills heli Is just a flat out spot on flyer.Bought a castle ice esc for it here in town till my hobbywing comes in..Back of my mind i keep thinking this cc esc is going to flame in flight. lol So far so good . Also have a new JR3400g servo on for the tail. A lil slow I admit, But for sport flight only it does a fine job. I just may leave it on and keep the hobbywing as a back up . If ever considering another bargain 500 check out the belt 500e..Its a no drama Bird .
Aug 18, 2012, 07:37 PM
I was just about to put mine in a airwolf fuse. but I got out bid.
Aug 18, 2012, 07:42 PM
Just fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQuid*Xion
Just got in from field..Did about 4 flights on the 600 and 7 on the 500e..Im telling ya guys, This 500e is freaking sweet. Aligns basic bargain 500 no frills heli Is just a flat out spot on flyer.Bought a castle ice esc for it here in town till my hobbywing comes in..Back of my mind i keep thinking this cc esc is going to flame in flight. lol So far so good . Also have a new JR3400g servo on for the tail. A lil slow I admit, But for sport flight only it does a fine job. I just may leave it on and keep the hobbywing as a back up . If ever considering another bargain 500 check out the belt 500e..Its a no drama Bird .
Whats the main difference between the 500E and HK500CMT?
Aug 18, 2012, 08:16 PM
Quality lol! the E still has some plastic, but it's quality reinforced plastic that will out perform any of the HK aluminum other than possibly breaking in a crash. It also helps to absorb vibration. We all get suckered into the aluminum and CF. On little copters say under 450 you can buy once and never need to replace, but larger than 450 and it just becomes a expensive bent piece of aluminum. 450's are hit and miss. People love logos (why?) they are mostly plastic yet the power to weight ratio is out of this world. I have always used the Align plastic tail with plastic tail blade holders on all my 500's except the pro. After putting on my HK I never had to screw with it ever again. Even after three bad crashes. Broke the blades, but never broke a holder.
Aug 18, 2012, 08:19 PM
as much as I can
Quote:
Originally Posted by evltoy
Whats the main difference between the 500E and HK500CMT?
Quality and longevity.
Aug 18, 2012, 09:05 PM
KoOl BrEeZe
+ 1 for Mhills...+ 1 for beenflying...Bottom line its just Quality..Ther is nothing flashy about the 500e. Its just in its most basic form.. Belt and carbon fiber like plastic parts. Its been out for a few years now, I just never really took note of it Nor did i really hear anyone rant/rave about it..When i was out ther flying it today I was basically kicking myself for not having one all this time. Its just that nice.. Evltoy : Your probably one of the very very few ppl i know in forums That has good luck with an hk500. Not sure if its your meticulous build or ya just got lucky with a good kit. lol Myself it was just one problem after another. Suppose it just got old after awhile for me..I'm with you Mhills about going scale with this heli..I always like to make Sure a heli is going to be a solid performer before i put one in a scale fuse..I have the Eurocopter EC135 in mind for this one. ...Beenflying: your avatar. Is that your heli line up ?
Aug 18, 2012, 09:25 PM
Closed Account
Someone got lucky with the $150 500E What do you think about this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Align-T-REX-...item27ca0ad65f

and this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Align-500DFC...item3375758d4a
(for my current ZYX with RJX head 500. I'd keep the new Align 500 airframe stock and flybarred for now)

Any suggestions for better prices or vendor appreciated.
Last edited by eagle777; Aug 18, 2012 at 09:47 PM.

Quick Reply