Jul 23, 2012, 07:51 PM
Just fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQuid*Xion
Good to know im not alone In Straight up Lame crashing..lol...eveltoy what is cbf ?
cbf = cant be f@&#ed And my wife tells me I'm out of touch with the new generations lingo.. hahahah

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQuid*Xion
Ok Fellas here we go. Align 500e. From e-bay $150 shipped No electronics..Time me eh.
Wow that is a top buy. I would love to see a deal like that agin from ebay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51
Flew it today and my tracking was a tad off. I don't know if it just happened or if I just didn't notice before. Didn't have a way to tell which blade it was. I don't even look for tracking tape anymore. I just mark one blade turn it fly and if it gets worst turn it back and turn the other.
I have started to do the same with the 450. no tape unless I need it and I just make a mark on one blade to know which one I mess with
to remove ads between posts
Jul 23, 2012, 09:46 PM
My wifes other child

how hot

Hi sorry to interupt any thing but I was wondering about the temp of the esc. and motor on my hk500. I finaly got it flying but after 10 min. of hovering and slow manuvers ( still learning ) it feels hot I am going to use a temp gun to see just how hot but was wondering if there were any guide lines. I have a turnigy typhoon motor,3600mah 4s1p 30c batt. and 85 amp esc. Appreciate any advice. Thanks rbk180
Jul 23, 2012, 09:56 PM
My wifes other child

pinnion

I forgot to say I got a 17 tooth pinnion and am using it like the manual saidit flies very smooth other than the heat issue. I love this thing my wife thinks I should marry it.
Jul 23, 2012, 09:59 PM
Just fly
how many Kv is the motor? 1600 or 1800kv? I cant remember
Jul 23, 2012, 10:06 PM
Just fly
Ok I just had a quick look.. its the 1800kv (the one I switched out).

I few things to consider:
1) ESC setup. make sure your timing is setup right
2) While just hovering in normal mode, there is more stress on motor, esc & lipo then flying around and in idle up.
3) make sure your lipos are coming down at 80% discharge and not any more.
4) what is "hot"? your "hot" could be my warm??? put a temp gun to lipo (middle of pack), ESC & motor (inside can) and let us know.

Cheers
Jul 23, 2012, 10:52 PM
I would be running the 13t on that motor that's 2800 at 90%
a 17t at only 85% would be 3500 I don't run that on my pro

My bad I just looked 4cell
Jul 23, 2012, 11:18 PM
KoOl BrEeZe
O.k ...stop the clock !! lol....Im Done. All except for a gyro and esc I need to order...Was a super nice build. I think I know why ther Is no longer a static issue with belts..This one is more like a plastic/nylon type belt compared to hk's rubber..( the way i remember it anyways ) I had some extra Metal align main blade grips i used on the head rather then the carbon/plastic grips that came with kit..Same with the tail blade holders. I had a silver one I used. Remember you told me i want about 2 turns on main blades to judge Belt tension Evltoy..With this i have 3-4 but seems tight and yet real smooth. Was a fun build And a great deal. This kit only cost $40 more then an HK. I could tell during the build the quality is much better..Only problem i had was with the wifey being grumpy I ignored her for 5 hours during build..Women..pfffttttttt..lol.............CBF.. Gotcha evltoy..Im still stuck in the 80's with Rad and dude thats cherry !!! ha
Jul 23, 2012, 11:26 PM
Just fly
very nice and very quick build!!!

with 3-4 full turns of the main blade, your lipos will love it.

My next build is the HK550.
Jul 24, 2012, 12:22 AM
KoOl BrEeZe
Thats awsome evltoy..I have been wanting somebody I kinda know and trust to go thru the build. I " think" I would like one also. Just want to Get the low down from another first is all. To be honest I'm realy burnt out on the hk500's.. ( sorry thread) Just all my homeboys are here !! lol
Jul 24, 2012, 12:52 AM
Just fly
Cheers liQuid! There is far better builders out there then I... I just manage to find the time (at work) to write something up

Well its still early days. My hobby funds has taken a hit with our first child coming soon + all the new carbon tax & living expenses going through the roof down here.

Whatever you do dont come to live in OZ.. its too darn expensive.

I hope to get the 550 in a month or 2... till then its the trusty 500 which I don’t mind.
Jul 24, 2012, 03:07 AM
BahamaHeli
I think i found the problem with my tail vibrating when the blades are on. There seems to be some slop in the bearings, and they even have some denting on the sides. They have been through many hard crashes, i even had to cut the tail shaft a couple times to get the bearings off.

So, now the question is, what size bearings do i need. Or, can someone link me the align replacements that i will need. Thanks in advanced.
Jul 24, 2012, 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean
I think i found the problem with my tail vibrating when the blades are on. There seems to be some slop in the bearings, and they even have some denting on the sides. They have been through many hard crashes, i even had to cut the tail shaft a couple times to get the bearings off.

So, now the question is, what size bearings do i need. Or, can someone link me the align replacements that i will need. Thanks in advanced.
No sure which tail bearings you are talking.

Here is the link for 500 manual. http://www.heliproz.com/images/Trex500Manual.pdf

Align stock bearings are not very good, I used boca bearings but you may look for third party bearings online, like helidirect.
Jul 24, 2012, 04:35 AM
BahamaHeli
I've been looking at the esp manual but the code does not match up with what i'm seeing at readyheli. The bearings i need are the 4x 9x4mm that hold the tail shaft. I have the complete align tt unit.
Jul 24, 2012, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean
I've been looking at the esp manual but the code does not match up with what i'm seeing at readyheli. The bearings i need are the 4x 9x4mm that hold the tail shaft. I have the complete align tt unit.
Trex-500 TT and belt drive tail unit use same bearings, 4x9x4mm, 684ZZ beaing.

Here is the one you look at readyheli, it's align bearing
http://www.readyheli.com/H60103-Bear...0_p_33337.html

Or you may look for better quality bearings from others, bearings code is 684ZZ.
Jul 24, 2012, 07:48 AM
BahamaHeli
I had a look at those boca bearings, at about $10 each, are they really worth it?

Quick Reply