Jul 17, 2012, 10:40 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQuid*Xion
Do it, do it, do it.. Kidding. I'm tempted as well. But thinking i may have had my hk fill for a few months to come.
I just received 8ea 3S 40C 2200s for my 450s, so I'll wear those out for a few months and think about it I really like the 450s also.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 17, 2012, 11:00 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
As for myself just going to order this align 500e "belt" Me and a belt is just odd..stick it in a black and gold md500 And call it a day.
I missed that you were going to buy it. Could I ask where? Great price etc? Thanks.
Jul 17, 2012, 11:10 PM
KoOl BrEeZe
Are those the turnigy batteries eagle ? I have 3 of them, Very good batteries, They are working out great. Only at 40c I only get about 5 min flight time. I suppose thats good enough however. About the align 500e Belt..I bought it from rc_rocks_us for $200 free shipping. Paul1968 and mhills gave this heli two thumbs up.
Jul 17, 2012, 11:26 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Are those the turnigy batteries eagle ? I have 3 of them, Very good batteries, They are working out great. Only at 40c I only get about 5 min flight time. I suppose thats good enough however. About the align 500e Belt..I bought it from rc_rocks_us for $200 free shipping. Paul1968 and mhills gave this heli two thumbs up.
Thanks, I might go for something like this sometime:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Align-T-REX-...item4ab9ad88ad

I usually set the timer to 5:00 and come down with 3.78V with sport flying with most any pack. The 35C Turnigy packs were a lot cooler than the 30C Zippys. Power in the last minute is 'more'. The 6S Blue lipos are great too. I've been using them for many cycles.

The batteries are Turnigy, all were 3.82 to 3.85V on receipt. I've only received two bad packs ever. I probably have gone thru 3 dozen packs from 800 to 5000mah. Gone thru TP , Zippy/Rhino (balance wires break after some months), blue lipo, sky lipo, etc. and the Turnigys have been the most consistent, least puffy after 50-100 cycles. I like the silicone insulated balance wires also, they have never broken at the battery tab, like all the PVC insulated ones do.

sOO.. Yeah I like Turnigy.
Last edited by eagle777; Jul 18, 2012 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Gone thru - Over the past 3 years. Just 1.5 dozen Turnigy packs now.
Jul 17, 2012, 11:41 PM
rc_rocks_us is where my servos are coming from.
Jul 18, 2012, 04:05 PM
KoOl BrEeZe
Question for you " belt" guys..As you know I have an align 500e Belt on the way..Should be here Wednesday. ( Still need to pick up an esc and a gyro for this bird..damn me for selling off those two electronics to soon ) First question. Because this is my first belted bird is ther any set up differences compared to t.t i need to know of ? I.e what motor pinion are you guys using 12, 13, 14 ? this will be going into a scale fuse. Second Q. whats the proper belt tension on a 500 ? pushing belt with a pencil whats the amount of give mm wise ? Question #3 Is it still wise to spray belts with silicon spray before the install to avoid static build up or is this a thing of the past ? If so how often ? Yes I'm a belt noob
Jul 18, 2012, 04:49 PM
You want to gear down if this is going into a fuse. The fuse will make the bird a lot heavier than stock.

You get a lot of different answers on belt tension. Should be able to move the belt about halfway, about to the middle with lite pressure, but what I call lite someone else will call hard so it is open to interpretation.
Jul 18, 2012, 05:42 PM
+1 to that on belt. Super easy to setup. Just do 1/2 turn to right neforeu put it on drive gear
Jul 18, 2012, 05:44 PM
Just fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51
You get a lot of different answers on belt tension. Should be able to move the belt about halfway, about to the middle with lite pressure, but what I call lite someone else will call hard so it is open to interpretation.
Very true. I use this method as well as spin the main blades by hand and if they do 2 full turns before stopping all is good.

Another method is to hold the tail hub/grip and turn the main head. If the belt jumps on light pressure then you need to put more tension on the belt.
Jul 18, 2012, 05:50 PM
You will know if the belt is too tight or too loose. Too loose and tail won't hold. Too tight and your HS is gonna suffer. Ok, update for today and flight #3 on this heli (still in 1 piece, barely). Ok, so took off today and had some wag. Brought it back down and dropped gain. (I have a turnigy 9x so its possible the gain setting I changed yesterday didn't save so that might be the prob with that). Ok, took off again and no wag. After my rudder issue yesterday I did some test piros. Nose right and nose left. Nose left is probably twice as fast as nose right. Ok, so started a circuit, and sure enough the exact same thing happened as yesterday but this time I remembered what the tail did. I was doing a right banking turn coming towards me. The tail didn't wanna continue through the turn so that would equate to the tail not wanting to go left. Almost crashed exactly as yesterday. Landed it to check the linkage. Disconnected pushrod from the servo and the whole thing is smooth as silk so I don't think its a binding issue. Also got a new issue today. On full pitch climbouts my tail kicks right, at one point doing a complete 180. I'm not as worried about the tail kick as I am the the tail not wanting to go left in a turn. That would be against torque so apparently I guess in FFF while turning something is keeping the tail from overcoming the torque. Not sure where to start troubleshooting on this as my tail has full pitch range.
Jul 18, 2012, 05:55 PM
Just fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingeragents
Nose right and nose left. Nose left is probably twice as fast as nose right. Ok, so started a circuit, and sure enough the exact same thing happened as yesterday but this time I remembered what the tail did. I was doing a right banking turn coming towards me. The tail didn't wanna continue through the turn so that would equate to the tail not wanting to go left.
The issue you have is what I spoke about yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingeragents
Also got a new issue today. On full pitch climbouts my tail kicks right, at one point doing a complete 180.
Either your TC has too much range from 1/2 to full stick or you have dropped your gain too much.

Are you flying in Normal mode or idle up? what is your TC
Jul 18, 2012, 05:58 PM
that was in normal mode,lol. from mid stick to full its 80 90 100 for TC. It's probably just a HS issue so not real worried about that. Don't think it will do that in idle up. I just wanna fix the other tail issue. Let me re read what u said yesterday. Ok just double checked my end points. Raised the right side to 125%, both were at 100. That should help get the piro rates the same.
Last edited by stingeragents; Jul 18, 2012 at 06:05 PM.
Jul 18, 2012, 06:06 PM
Just fly
Normal more is only good for taking off and flying scale. Running a gyro in either rate or HH mode will cause a tail kick if you have a large range in your TC and your trying to do anything like pitch pumps.

Stick it in Idle up with a very close TC range and you will find that the tail kick will be gone or hold better depending on your quality of gyro.
Jul 18, 2012, 06:36 PM
KoOl BrEeZe
Quote:
Originally Posted by evltoy
Very true. I use this method as well as spin the main blades by hand and if they do 2 full turns before stopping all is good.

Another method is to hold the tail hub/grip and turn the main head. If the belt jumps on light pressure then you need to put more tension on the belt.
Good advice ther..I like em both And will use this as a test. Will also go with a 12 tooth pinion Seeing how im not looking for high rpm's. ...How about silicon spray..You guys use it ? Ever have have static problems ?
Jul 18, 2012, 06:49 PM
KoOl BrEeZe
Tail kick: Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. But i recall reading back a few months ago this was due to tail blades not being able to keep up with main blades for a mere split second. hence the tail kick out...So i can agree with Tc being closer in pattern and not such an aggressive jump..I also read another cure for this was larger tail blades. Just a few mm helps. Again just what i read. No real life experience with this.

Quick Reply