Jul 08, 2012, 05:32 PM
My curves are good so its not that. I have the zyx set on beginner for now so notsure if that's why. Guess ill check my pinion mesh and the battery
to remove ads between posts
Jul 08, 2012, 06:19 PM
Just fly
Hey Guys

Good news with my new GY520. Damn this gyro is good. No drift, I can hold a inverted hover with ease, flips are more cleaner... the tail holds like $#it on a Stick! and I was flying in wind gust of 9kts

Took me no longer then one pack to dial it in. Will now get one for my 450.
Jul 08, 2012, 06:26 PM
Closed Account
If you're daring, try the https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ogram_Box.html

It seems to be as good as the 520, and comes with a programming box also. I had my GY520 back in the box after a few flights after I installed the Turnigy, as I didn't want to damage the 'good' gyro with one of my frequent crashes.

Edit, I take it out every time I go flying. Perfect.
Last edited by eagle777; Jul 08, 2012 at 06:39 PM.
Jul 08, 2012, 06:47 PM
Just fly
I was looking at these a while back, but didnt know if they are any good. My 450 is my bash around heli that a try tricks on first.. so it sees a few crash's.

Might be a good idea and just get one of these if you think they are that good to box a gy520
Jul 08, 2012, 06:52 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by evltoy
I was looking at these a while back, but didnt know if they are any good. My 450 is my bash around heli that a try tricks on first.. so it sees a few crash's.

Might be a good idea and just get one of these if you think they are that good to box a gy520
Well, they are as good as a Futaba GY401 (I have 2) or ZYX, and probably as good as a GY520. I haven't wrung it out in 3D, just general aggressive aerobatic flying.
Jul 08, 2012, 06:57 PM
Just fly
thanks for the heads up on gyro.

its now in my wish list.
Jul 08, 2012, 08:06 PM
Well think my battery is culprit. Coulndt get it to balance charge keeps giving an error and voltage is lower than it should be so guess ill order a new one. Super stoked I got this thing flying. It comes an no surprise though that battery gives out same day helicopter flies perfect for first time
Jul 08, 2012, 08:27 PM
KoOl BrEeZe
Well as I'm healing up from a broken face..I'm also now fixing up my 500 and adding upgrades..so far..align 500mx motor. Ds520 tail servo. Quark clear case gyro. align 500 pro tail. Bottom plate. Front t.t gears...last piece of this puzzle will be to pick out a fuse to put this all in. ..I'm thinking bout just picking up a plain white md500 fuse. Adding Steelers decals and airbrushing it Black and Gold.
Jul 08, 2012, 08:54 PM
No get a md500 and make it a football
Jul 08, 2012, 09:03 PM
KoOl BrEeZe
Lol..my wife said same thing...that would be cool a flying Pittsburgh Steelers football...if I could find the fuse I would.....airbrushing skills are just not that good yet.
Jul 08, 2012, 09:04 PM
Closed Account
Bell UH-1 Iroquois or 414. I see the priorities with the internet when looking up Bell 414 with no quotes.

What happened to your face? mCPX bump into it?
Jul 08, 2012, 09:18 PM
Well I wanted to post a little bit more detailed flight report since I know a lot of you guys have been following my progress with this bird for months now. After much hesitation this afternoon and looking the thing over about 10 times, I decided I would spin it up. Put new blades on and gave it a spin up. Let it run on the ground for about a minute and then stopped it. Wanted to see if anything had vibrated loose. Gave it a good check and sure enough one of the swash balls had backed out. Guess the last crash undid the threadlock on it. I very happily took it back inside and re thread locked it, and looked at every screw on the thing to make sure nothing else backed out. Waited a few hours and then spun it up again and got the blade tracking sorted. Then I lifted her off. No wobbles, oscillations, or anything. Just lifted straight up. Hovered for about 30 seconds and then put her back down. Rechecked all the screws. Lifted back off and hovered again for about a minute or so. Brought her back down and rechecked everything again. Then lifted off again and hovered around for several minutes and brought it back inside and rechecked all the screws. Everything looks good. Tail held like a rock, no bad tendencies. Did float around a bit but I think that is because I have the gain real low. I had the wobbles at 32 gain on the copter x unit, so I set the tarot at 24 just to be safe. Extremely low i know but running the digital rctimer servos on analog mode so as not to overstress them, after I had that one die on my running it in digital mode on the 401 gyro before I went FBL. Could have just been the copter x unit that was the problem. Tomorrow if I can get this battery sorted im gonna go to a field and actually do some flying with it. As long as everything is fine I'll prolly leave all the settings alone for now. Gonna be a bit before I have the courage to switch this bird into idle up after all the issues I've had. Wanna get a few good flights in to make sure there is no problems before I try any fancy crap with it. Then I'll prolly change the zyx setting over to 3d and go from there. Overall though i'm super happy. The tarot unit is doing a much better job than the CX unit is. guess I can't fault it too much as it could have been vibration, or the gain settings or who knows what that was causing problems, but what I do know is its flying now with the zyx. Definitely satisifed with it so far.Don't have nearly as much hesitation now putting it on the titan x50e when I finally get that flyable. Now that this one is working, i'm gonna shift focus off the titan for a while and get some good stick time in with this bird, and try to get everything going great with the tarot zyx before I start flying the x50e. Thanks to everyone that has helped me over the last several months trying to figure out how and get this stupid thing flying. As for my slow collective earlier, I loosened up the pinion mesh just a tad, so that may help. After I get the new battery in I'll be able to bettter diagnose things from there but im about 70% sure it's the battery since it's having problems charging and the voltage is screwy.
Jul 08, 2012, 09:25 PM
KoOl BrEeZe
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle777
Bell UH-1 Iroquois or 414. I see the priorities with the internet when looking up Bell 414 with no quotes.

What happened to your face? mCPX bump into it?
Oh I wish it was just an mcpx...I was playing softball catcher , no mask. Dude swings and loses grip of his bat. Smack rite in my face..6 broken bones all plated and screwed down now.. pain was crazy intense, thank god for morphine. can post pics but I'm guessing it would be off topic and reported.
Jul 08, 2012, 09:46 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQuid*Xion
Oh I wish it was just an mcpx...I was playing softball catcher , no mask. Dude swings and loses grip of his bat. Smack rite in my face..6 broken bones all plated and screwed down now.. pain was crazy intense, thank god for morphine. can post pics but I'm guessing it would be off topic and reported.
Ohhh. Sorry to hear about that Really. That Sucks.
Jul 08, 2012, 11:02 PM
off topic in this thread? LOL. yea right. this thread is like the general chat forum of rcgroups

Quick Reply