Thread Tools
Apr 23, 2012, 12:32 AM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingeragents
If yall wanna go reaaal off topic ill start talking about paludariums
Anything with Arrow poison frogs and Killfish in the same sentence is kind of interesting. I would use Venus fly-traps instead of orchids though. A Paludarium of death if you will.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Apr 23, 2012, 01:37 AM
Just fly
evltoy's Avatar
Guys.. lets please keep to the topic.

Sorry now I had to say it.. hahahaha
Apr 23, 2012, 01:50 AM
BahamaHeli
kdean's Avatar
what were we talking about again???
Apr 23, 2012, 02:34 AM
Closed Account

500gt + rjx + zyx


The 500 kit is basically the same as the 450, so hopefully it goes well. I'll post a build. Like a build, but with no explanations, except for file names.
Apr 23, 2012, 01:35 PM
Registered User
DerClown's Avatar
eagle looks sweet !!!!
Apr 23, 2012, 01:47 PM
Rotor Addict
naryan's Avatar
Let me know if your RJX grips are tight. I actually had to sand down the finish on my blades where they slide into the grips a bit. Otherwise they were so tight you could barely move them. Not sure if that is how all RJX heads are or just mine. Could have been my blades too I suppose...

I'm about to order a FBL head and another ZYX for my 450.
Apr 23, 2012, 02:17 PM
Rotor Addict
naryan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingeragents
Edit: Just finished it up. 100% ready to go now. Did have a small issue that I haven't taken care of yet. I moved all my servo balls in on the cyclic to 14.5 mm. (which equaled one hole in from where they were). Anyways, now at max negative pitch the aileron links are hitting the side of the servo case. I dont see how there is any way to fix this besides limiting my negative travel (sitting at roughly -12 right now), or moving the balls back out to where they were.

I ran into the same problem. I moved my balls back to the outer holes and it's been flying really well. I had some balls from my 450 that were in one of my parts boxes. They are much shorter, I tested one side out and they are short enough to clear the servo body. I decided I would use the short balls if it it didn't fly well at 16mm. It's flying great with lots of pitch.
Apr 23, 2012, 02:47 PM
Registered User
I get lots of pitch even at 14.5. +/- 15 until I lowered the pitch in gyro. My rjx is same way but I think its the blades. I found a different spot to fly the last time I went out but its behind an att place and they all park back there. Soon as the place closes I'm gonna go fly
Apr 23, 2012, 04:10 PM
Dongskie
Dongskie's Avatar
HI all, I fly my HK500GT with a scale body particularly the XHeli MD530.

What would be the ideal throttle hold position during flight, 60% or blast it at 90%?

Thanks guys
Apr 23, 2012, 05:48 PM
Just fly
evltoy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by naryan
I ran into the same problem. I moved my balls back to the outer holes and it's been flying really well. I had some balls from my 450 that were in one of my parts boxes. They are much shorter, I tested one side out and they are short enough to clear the servo body. I decided I would use the short balls if it it didn't fly well at 16mm. It's flying great with lots of pitch.
I'm now confused.

In the manual doesnt it say the balls needed to be at 14.5mm? And one of the main reasons why stingeragents was getting the wobbles was because he had his balls in another location?

I might just sit this one out until we have a few helis with same setup with proven working outcomes.
Apr 23, 2012, 06:09 PM
KoOl BrEeZe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dongskie
HI all, I fly my HK500GT with a scale body particularly the XHeli MD530.

What would be the ideal throttle hold position during flight, 60% or blast it at 90%?

Thanks guys
Now thats an interesting question. I have always flown my scale helis in normal mode. Thinking my landings will be a bit softer for the scale fuse. And save the idle 1-2 for when i do loops and rolls with my pod & boom helis. You have me wondering now if i should change up my habit Just my opinion here but i would think 90% would be to much and unnecessary for a scale Helli. Again will be interesting when the pro's chime in .
Apr 23, 2012, 06:15 PM
Rotor Addict
naryan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by evltoy
I'm now confused.

In the manual doesnt it say the balls needed to be at 14.5mm? And one of the main reasons why stingeragents was getting the wobbles was because he had his balls in another location?

I might just sit this one out until we have a few helis with same setup with proven working outcomes.
That is the recommended location. It's not a requirement though, it also depends on your overall geometry. The RJX head linkage arms are further away from the blade grips than the Tarot head. So if you have the balls at 14.5mm and an RJX head you will be getting less cyclic and collective movement for the same amount of servo movement as compared to the Tarot head.

I think anything about Stingers problems right now are purely speculative.
Apr 23, 2012, 06:19 PM
Just fly
evltoy's Avatar
Would the pitch range for a pod&boom be different to a fuse setup?
Apr 23, 2012, 06:29 PM
BahamaHeli
kdean's Avatar
I would think that when your flying a fuse, you would want it to look, sound, and feel like scale. So, the throttle should be some where that looks and sounds true to scale, and can still handel the load of the heli. You would also want the pitch range to be one that makes the heli move like the scale one. Fast pitch pumps with the fuse would look odd, as well as a super fast climb out. So, I would tame down the head speed and pitch range to make the heli move like the real thing, and still be controlable. I dont have a fuse for my 600 yet, the one that i want is not in stock anywhere, but thats how i'll set it up. Looking, sounding, and moveing around like the real thing.
Apr 23, 2012, 08:10 PM
Dongskie
Dongskie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQuid*Xion
Now thats an interesting question. I have always flown my scale helis in normal mode. Thinking my landings will be a bit softer for the scale fuse. And save the idle 1-2 for when i do loops and rolls with my pod & boom helis. You have me wondering now if i should change up my habit Just my opinion here but i would think 90% would be to much and unnecessary for a scale Helli. Again will be interesting when the pro's chime in .
Thanks for the idea. I used to fly in normal mode too but most flyers told me it wasn't a good idea because in cases of panic mode, most new pilots kill the throttle (i'm guilty of that) because they had a mindset that lowering the throttle will set the heli down.

Maybe I'll start off with 60%.

Thanks guys!

Btw here is my HK500GT and MD530.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I got some Fan Fold what to build thread part II started by emoone!!! Don Sims Foamies (Kits) 188 Jan 23, 2010 08:28 PM
Mountain Models Tantrum Partial Build Thread.. Tram Parkflyers 142 Apr 03, 2004 10:41 PM
My Bobolink Build Thread (very Colibri like) Jim Poor Hand Launch 65 Dec 10, 2003 04:48 PM
Laird Super Solution Build Thread! boomerace Parkflyers 178 Oct 29, 2003 07:20 PM
Switchback re-build thread (or What the $#*& was that!) Biggles604 Parkflyers 17 Jun 23, 2003 09:34 PM