FPV parkzone vapor 16.5g allup - RC Groups
Oct 13, 2009, 06:21 AM
Discussion

FPV parkzone vapor 16.5g allup

Hi, i though id share my fpv parkzone vapor. Its a standard vapor with the stock 70mah battery but underslung is a cheap hongkong 1.2ghz wireless camera, this has been modified with all the casings cut down and wires shortened.It has its own battery stolen from a silverlit ir helicopter, it says its a 20mah, this is put through an anyvolt dc dc converter boosting the single lipo from 3.7 to 8v for the camera and transmitter, this all ends up being 6.9g in total for the camera transmitter and battery. the video below shows the onboard video directly recorded to my laptop as i can not fly by goggles and record at the same time. every other flight i have done is by some old eyetreck goggles. its great fun buzzing around the roof tops and exploring gardens.

the video has lost alot of quality through the conversion but you get the idea.

Park Zone Vapor fpv (1 min 29 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Oct 13, 2009, 06:32 AM
Blew out my flip flop
Verry cool!! I couldnt find my way back home...all your house's look the same from the air
Oct 13, 2009, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hogue
Verry cool!! I couldnt find my way back home...all your house's look the same from the air
Agreed and agreed! I sometimes lose my way even when everything looks different! Thanks for sharing gazhough, tempted to try this ultralight setup myself!
Oct 13, 2009, 07:00 AM
FPV FTW
Very cool.
Oct 13, 2009, 07:02 AM
Questionable judgement
Amazing. I have trouble packing my gear into a easystar and you do it on a vapor. Nice S2000 also!
Oct 13, 2009, 07:26 AM
Don't leave it Stock
Great job!!
Oct 13, 2009, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hogue

Lol, yes i dont tend to venture very far, and i know my way around the neighbours gardens quite well now
Oct 13, 2009, 01:31 PM
It just keeps getting better!
Nice job!
I'm impressed with the color on the CMOS cam.
It looks like alot of fun.
-Dave
Oct 13, 2009, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Sky
Nice job!
I'm impressed with the color on the CMOS cam.
It looks like alot of fun.
-Dave
its only a chepo cmos ebay camera but the trick is to put a small piece of tape over the left hand side of the sensor so you can only just see it when the camera is switched on, this makes it less sensitive to the light and more useable.
Oct 13, 2009, 03:48 PM
my karma ranover my dogma
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazhough
its only a chepo cmos ebay camera but the trick is to put a small piece of tape over the left hand side of the sensor so you can only just see it when the camera is switched on, this makes it less sensitive to the light and more useable.
Interesting trick, how'd you figure that out?

Does it work with other cams too, ccd or cmos?

Do you put the tape right on the sensor itself? or just on the lens?

Thanks!
Oct 13, 2009, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxiex
Interesting trick, how'd you figure that out?

Does it work with other cams too, ccd or cmos?

Do you put the tape right on the sensor itself? or just on the lens?

Thanks!

its not my idea some one posted it a couple of years ago, yeah only works on cmos and should be put on the sensor underneith the lens
Oct 13, 2009, 06:50 PM
i think you almost beat the guys from the military... man, so easy to make and would be so helpfull in street combat
Oct 19, 2009, 05:57 AM
Fidler & twidler
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazhough
Hi, i though id share my fpv parkzone vapor. Its a standard vapor with the stock 70mah battery but underslung is a cheap hongkong 1.2ghz wireless camera,
1. Congratulations. that must be a 1st.
2. my el cheepo camera/tx is in the post, Vapor in the workshop ... waiting, grrrr Youve published 1st (the great Lobochevski I assume - if you are old enough the get the quote)
Mike
Oct 22, 2009, 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by empeabee
1. Congratulations. that must be a 1st.
2. my el cheepo camera/tx is in the post, Vapor in the workshop ... waiting, grrrr Youve published 1st (the great Lobochevski I assume - if you are old enough the get the quote)
Mike

No sorry thats gone over my head . nice to see another one in development just remember to keep it under 16.5 g as mine struggles to gain altitude at that weight and it needs to be dead calm outside. i want to try and reduce the weight even further on mine but smaller cameras are hard to come by and very expensive, unless anybody has any links for tiny cameras and 1.2ghz transmitters that might be suitable?
Oct 22, 2009, 04:59 AM
hi, is it this camera?
http://cgi.ebay.fr/Micro-1-2GHz-Wire...item3ca3c4ce0d

if so, do you just get 15 meter range out of it?