Thread Tools
Oct 09, 2012, 05:52 AM
" EMBRACE THE DARK SIDE '
rudeboy579's Avatar
great vid ysolomon
ok i did say i was guna post pics of the build first but i thought i would show all the bird where shez at before basically it's just the rudder that needs to be glued on and get some proper pilots wind tip light covers and hooking up all the wiring to the receiver and shez done!!!!that extremerc.fan sounds and looks amazing!!!gave her one burst was enufff
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 10, 2012, 08:26 AM
Another one on the way...
ysolomon's Avatar
Today is the day! afternoon temperature 75F, 70% humidity. It's a StyroSpray day! I plan on covering the fuselage today. Then, it's down hill from there. Sand, primer, fly again, paint, fly again, scale retracts, fly much more, missiles and new canopy, fly...
Oct 10, 2012, 11:02 PM
Registered User
rush1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysolomon
Today is the day! afternoon temperature 75F, 70% humidity. It's a StyroSpray day! I plan on covering the fuselage today. Then, it's down hill from there. Sand, primer, fly again, paint, fly again, scale retracts, fly much more, missiles and new canopy, fly...
Post some videos I got mine way to slow on landing like you did and didnt get as lucky as you so I decided to do the sabre dance ,luckily there was only a little damage broke the navigation light lens and scraped up the wing The head wind was a little more than I expected and was late on the power to save it It got real slow in a hurry But she's ready to fly again this weekend I have to say this is one of the best looking birds in the air
Oct 11, 2012, 06:49 AM
Another one on the way...
ysolomon's Avatar
Well, temperatures dropped yesterday, so I couldn't use SS... Probably tomorrow...
Oct 11, 2012, 03:05 PM
Registered User
capt soap's Avatar
Rudeboy, tell us about your fan. Looks awsooooooooooooome
Oct 11, 2012, 09:03 PM
Registered User
rush1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysolomon
Well, temperatures dropped yesterday, so I couldn't use SS... Probably tomorrow...
I;m waiting for tomorrows Video
Oct 11, 2012, 09:19 PM
" EMBRACE THE DARK SIDE '
rudeboy579's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt soap
Rudeboy, tell us about your fan. Looks awsooooooooooooome
hi lee!
all that i know is that it sounds great and has 3.5 kgs of thrust(bench of course)dunno how it would go in the bird though
well here is the link to the exact one i got from extremerc.http://www.extremerc.com.au/estore/i...oducts_id=1186
hopefully the maiden will be sunday afternoon,hope to get a vid of it
cheers
rudy
Oct 11, 2012, 09:36 PM
Registered User
Well that is a better result than any form of CS12 setup seems to get!
Costly.... but a better output per power result.

Hmmm... $290..... motor, housing..... fan...... not bad value really, considering the components. Throw in the assembly balancing etc..... = good value.
(still costly, LOL)
Oct 11, 2012, 09:38 PM
Another one on the way...
ysolomon's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rush1
I;m waiting for tomorrows Video
Video of styrospraying the plane? That's what's coming tomorrow...
Oct 11, 2012, 10:13 PM
Registered User
rush1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysolomon
Video of styrospraying the plane? That's what's coming tomorrow...
My bad I thought you were going for a remaiden
Oct 11, 2012, 10:28 PM
" EMBRACE THE DARK SIDE '
rudeboy579's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC
Well that is a better result than any form of CS12 setup seems to get!
Costly.... but a better output per power result.

Hmmm... $290..... motor, housing..... fan...... not bad value really, considering the components. Throw in the assembly balancing etc..... = good value.
(still costly, LOL)
i know but like you said it's ready to go and for everything that's in it i.e the proper parts and also he has already tested it too,you just have to wire her up:
Oct 11, 2012, 10:29 PM
" EMBRACE THE DARK SIDE '
rudeboy579's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysolomon
video of styrospraying the plane? That's what's coming tomorrow...
:d:d:d
Oct 12, 2012, 06:25 AM
Another one on the way...
ysolomon's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rush1
My bad I thought you were going for a remaiden
I could really take a video of styrospraying the plane. But this would really be just like watching paint dry... No, unfortunately the remaiden will take another week or so. After the styrospraying I need to sand down, put everything back in place, make sure everything still works, and back to the air... I may actually first put a coat of primer before I fly, as the "raw" styrospray color is really ugly... Too ugly to fly... I'm afraid that the sky would reject the plane...
Oct 12, 2012, 07:13 AM
Rangerfan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysolomon
I could really take a video of styrospraying the plane. But this would really be just like watching paint dry... No, unfortunately the remaiden will take another week or so. After the styrospraying I need to sand down, put everything back in place, make sure everything still works, and back to the air... I may actually first put a coat of primer before I fly, as the "raw" styrospray color is really ugly... Too ugly to fly... I'm afraid that the sky would reject the plane...

"The sky rejected my plane" will be my new phrase for a crash.
Oct 12, 2012, 07:35 AM
" EMBRACE THE DARK SIDE '
rudeboy579's Avatar
hi guys
where is the neutral position for the elevators? should i go with what the manual says?
cheers
rudy


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Alert ···SCOOP···RBCkits F-100 Super Sabre···SCOOP··· Prop-er Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 71 Feb 16, 2009 02:57 PM
Build Log - contest - Micro EDF30 F100 Super Sabre metroidrc Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 119 Feb 19, 2008 05:50 PM
F-100 Super Sabre lebardemelon Pusher Prop Jet Models 5 Apr 20, 2005 08:34 AM
F-100 Super Sabre Tim H. Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 22 Apr 28, 2002 08:26 AM
F-100 Super Sabre Ed Couch Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 6 Dec 30, 2001 10:12 AM