Master flyer
This Vtail mixer be ok? https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...idproduct=6321
Oct 14, 2009, 12:03 PM
Registered FFF Addict
Here are the A4 tiles you requested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeW
If I asked really nicely.....
Any chance you could resave the PDFs of the plan in A4 format rather than letter size???

Gordon
Oct 14, 2009, 02:57 PM
Retardedly intelligent
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot Travis

that V-tail mixer would work, but it only has 10 steps in each direction its junk.. good thing they were only 2.95.

I used the GWS v-tail mixers, they have alot higher resoulution https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...r_II_(200_step)
Oct 14, 2009, 03:03 PM
Can't you achieve the same effect with a computerized radio? I'm really keen to try out the thrust differential idea (I learned to fly with an Aero Ace Bipe) but I assumed I could do that with a mix in my DX7. Is that true?

-Shawn
Oct 14, 2009, 03:09 PM
Retardedly intelligent
Thread OP
I'm using the DX7 too, I'm not aware of any diffrental throttle mix that mixes the throttle and rudder together? I only know of flaperons and elevons.

the higher end systems probibly do have diffrental mixing
Oct 14, 2009, 07:44 PM
If It Aint Broke,I'll Break It
Do you actually need the mixing or is it just a nicety?
Oct 14, 2009, 08:05 PM
Retardedly intelligent
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by cna91
Do you actually need the mixing or is it just a nicety?

nope, not at all, it flew fine without it, just dosen't hover as easily.
Oct 14, 2009, 08:16 PM
www.foambusters.org

throttle / rudder mixing

First, your video is outstanding! Second, I have a question and need some help! I have a DC-3 twin with emax CF2812 motors, running two E-flight Pro 30 amp ESC.

I use a DX7 and I want to mix the throttle to the rudder, primarily for ground control, steering...no steerable tail wheel. Any ideas? I am not new at this, but new to the idea of throttle mixing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foam and tape
1300 Kv bluewonders with CC TB 9 esc's going into a GWS vtail mixer for diffrental throttle. They plug into channel 3 and 4 (ch 4 uses a Y-harness for the acutal rudder and diffental throttle) I don't think the actual rudder is needed since the diffrental throttle has so much pull.
Oct 14, 2009, 08:19 PM
have foam, will fly

Finally a reason to build a twin!!

Awesome stuff guys! My pile of parts has been screaming at me to build something, and your video did the trick I've always wanted to build a twin out of foam.
Oct 14, 2009, 08:19 PM
Retardedly intelligent
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by franktrew
First, your video is outstanding! Second, I have a question and need some help! I have a DC-3 twin with emax CF2812 motors, running two E-flight Pro 30 amp ESC.

I use a DX7 and I want to mix the throttle to the rudder, primarily for ground control, steering...no steerable tail wheel. Any ideas? I am not new at this, but new to the idea of throttle mixing.

yup, it can be done but you need a V-tail mixer the DX7 dosen't have any type of throttle mixing, the V-tail plugs into the throttle and rudder.
Oct 14, 2009, 08:42 PM
R.I.P, Aardvark.
Here's a case I suppose of "cheaper is better." I just made a dual throttle mix with rudder controlled differential thrust on my el-cheapo FlySky CT6A.

(But the bad part is that it takes all three available custom mixes, leaving none available for flapperons or even a fifth channel to activate the cargo door...So you do get what you pay for!)
Oct 14, 2009, 09:02 PM
R.I.P, Aardvark.
After reading the DX7 manual (how I wish I could afford an actual DX7!) it seems to me that it should be possible to program dual throttles, and have a rudder controlled throttle differential. Using three mixes:

[PROG.MIX4]
THRO -> GEAR
RATE: 100%
100%
SW:ON
OFFSET: 0
(Note: This should give you dual throttles using the throttle channel and the gear channel.)

[PROG.MIX5]
RUDD -> THRO
RATE: 20%
20%
SW:GEAR

[PROG.MIX6]
RUDD -> GEAR
RATE: -20%
-20%
SW:GEAR
(Note: This should give you differential thrust of up to +-20 percent with rudder deflection, and the differential mix can be turned on or off using the gear switch. It is important for these last two mixes to use program mixes 5 and 6, because those are the only mixes that also carry the rudder trim button to the slave channels. If the differential thrust is backwards from the rudder, either switch the two motor channels or change the +20 to -20 and -20 to +20 in mixes 5 and 6. If more differential is needed, increase all of the "20"s to something higher.)

Maybe someone who actually owns a DX7 could experiment?
Oct 14, 2009, 09:14 PM
If It Aint Broke,I'll Break It
John F111, I have the DX7, but I am a ways away from building this plane, and I am electronically DUMB, so how would I hook what up to what? Like right motor where, left motor where and rudder where. Maybe I can hook up some servos and try it out instead of motors?
Oct 14, 2009, 09:19 PM
R.I.P, Aardvark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cna91
John F111, I have the DX7, but I am a ways away from building this plane, and I am electronically DUMB, so how would I hook what up to what? Like right motor where, left motor where and rudder where. Maybe I can hook up some servos and try it out instead of motors?
One motor to the motor channel, other motor to the gear channel, and rudder to the rudder channel.

Page 66 of the DX7 manual shows a servo monitor screen, so you don't even need a plane or receiver/servos to test. Just watch the bar graphs of the appropriate channels. If the throttle channel and gear channel go up and down together with the throttle stick, mix 4 is working. If you have mid throttle set, and move the rudder, the two throttle channels should move, one higher, one lower. If they do, then mixes 5 and 6 are working. If they don't work, flip the gear switch and test rudder again.

Easy! (...for me to say without even having the radio...)

Quick Reply