Sep 12, 2012, 12:15 AM
Pilot, Co-pilot, Navagator
mine was geared parkzone P51 motors. 5:1 gearing, 1S drawing 1.5 A (est.) AUW was 80 grams
to remove ads between posts
Sep 13, 2012, 09:41 AM
Almost done with the assembly of the aeroplane, but I have problem to synchronize the two motor (TowerPro BM2410-9T). I reset the Ecs but the one motors runs faster (both motors & Ecs are brand new).
They start together but in half throttle you can understand the difference.
Sep 13, 2012, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by galanoulis
Almost done with the assembly of the aeroplane, but I have problem to synchronize the two motor (TowerPro BM2410-9T). I reset the Ecs but the one motors runs faster (both motors & Ecs are brand new).
They start together but in half throttle you can understand the difference.
Try to calibrate the esc thortle range...hope that help the problem.

atari
Last edited by atari7up; Sep 13, 2012 at 10:34 AM.
Sep 13, 2012, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari7up
Try to calibrate the esc thortle range...hope that help the problem.

atari
and be sure to do them one at a time (disconnect one ESC, do the throttle calibration on the remaining ESC, then repeat for the second ESC).

Good luck,
Jeff
Sep 13, 2012, 12:49 PM
First I reseted both Ecs and then calibrated each one. Then i made the mix throttle to Aux1 100%. The right motor starts first and the left motor second,
I synchronize them with the offset Dx7 menu option and the two motors start together (maybe this is my mistake ).
Sep 13, 2012, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by galanoulis
First I reseted both Ecs and then calibrated each one. Then i made the mix throttle to Aux1 100%. The right motor starts first and the left motor second,
I synchronize them with the offset Dx7 menu option and the two motors start together (maybe this is my mistake ).
Yeap with offset 0 the right motor starts first (connected to throttle) the left starts second connected to Aux1), now it is better. Tomorrow I will borrow a blade tachometer from my friend to be sure that I have almost the same rpm in both motors.
Also I will try with Y connection to see the difference.
Sep 13, 2012, 02:36 PM

Most updated plans for the twins

Just wondering which page has the most updated plans for the twins 100% scale

Just starting building foamies and i'm totally addicted, built 3 allready and one on the go (waiting on cf) I'm in Canada so I've been making due with foamboard and extra reinforcement.
Sep 16, 2012, 06:17 PM
How do I land this thing?
I tested my twins with the L3010C. It has tons of power and flies fast. I've also tested it with a few pounds of candy on board. It flies a little sluggish loaded but it handles the load fine.

The Twins Cargo plane Turnigy L3010C (4 min 55 sec)

the little mishap at the end was me losing a prop. I guess lock nuts would be a good idea. the plane survived just fine.
Sep 16, 2012, 06:37 PM
Retired CAD guy
Told ya :-) !!!

I hope you built the wing strong.

Bob
Sep 16, 2012, 07:09 PM
I've got an armin wing with carbon fiber spar, zip tied to two carbon fiber rods attached to 1/4" ply gorilla glued to the fuse. I pulled some serous G's with it today, but wouldn't try that with a payload.
Sep 16, 2012, 10:31 PM
Retired CAD guy
Heavy Duty Bomber, nice :-)))

I never bought into the flimsier approach.
Sep 16, 2012, 11:02 PM
I finally found this thread and how to do twin motors. Happy days. So all I have to do to run twin motor setup is to disconnect the red wire on one of the esc's. Is that right?

Tom

Forgot to ask about the batteries. Do I use two smaller batteries instead of a larger one? Hooked to the two esc's.
Last edited by carr52; Sep 16, 2012 at 11:16 PM.
Sep 16, 2012, 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carr52
I finally found this thread and how to do twin motors. Happy days. So all I have to do to run twin motor setup is to disconnect the red wire on one of the esc's. Is that right?

Tom
100% Right

i used one 2200 mAh in paralel for both of them.....about 10 minutes flight.

atari
Sep 17, 2012, 05:00 AM
My Twin Cargo get onboard video using HK HD Camera , put it on the top off Ruder.....the video had resize before upload to youtube...got a bad internet connection here...

Rc Twin Cargo Aerial Video.wmv (5 min 50 sec)
Sep 17, 2012, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdofplay
Heavy Duty Bomber, nice :-)))

I never bought into the flimsier approach.
yeah that wing is like a baseball bat

Quick Reply