Sep 23, 2010, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pecanpatch
captnDragon,
Lemme guess......Hobby King Motors?
The Magnets will come unglued soon after.
Thats if the bearings last long enough.
I have around 40 different hobbyking motors (20 to 3000+ watts), in addition to some 10-15 "quality" brands (AXI, Eflite, Robbe and the likes).

Of my Hobbyking motors, only ONE has failed, and that was entirely MY fault. I ran the motor on 4 cells by mistake, even if the motor only was good for 3 cells (with that prop). When it failed?......After over 10 flights

At my club, members donīt talk negative about Hobbyking anymore. Actually I havenīt heard bad words for a couple of years maybe.

FYI, my last online orders were from Grayson and GoBrushless. Only because Hobbyking was out of stock on what I wanted. Out of stock....now I wonder why

Kim
to remove ads between posts
Sep 23, 2010, 07:10 PM
I finally solved my cargo door opening (and letting out the ping pong balls prematurely). I mounted a servo (Y-harnessed with door servo) with a magnet epoxied to the servo arm and corresponding magnet epoxied in rear portion of ramp/door. Works great in the shop! I haven't flight tested the mod yet.
Sep 24, 2010, 08:25 AM
AMA 125691
Gbee,

That is a great idea! I will give that a try too. Thanks for posting!
Sep 26, 2010, 04:58 AM
i am currently building a 75% twin out of depron but do u think that itd work to build a 125 % twin out of 5 mm coroplast / coreflute?

Thanks Henry
Sep 27, 2010, 10:13 PM
no gap is too 'small'

night flying twins

Here are some pics of nightflying balsa twins, it has 2 mtrs of red and blue LED strips.the lights can be remotely dimmed or switched off because they are connected to a brushed esc. I also have made a scalish medic parachute package. This has got to be the most versatile and most entertaining plane to fly!!!

(sorry for the low res photos )
Sep 27, 2010, 10:42 PM
I have cut out a few for people who have asked for them. I have a CNC machine which makes it pretty easy to reproduce and I have a couple different wing variations for it.

I don't want to mass produce them, don't have the time, but can make a few if someone really doesn't have the time or ability to cut one out for themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim420302
Anyone selling kits of these?
Sep 27, 2010, 10:47 PM
hi!

what a beauty!
i love the paintjob also- nice, good looking combination of colors.
must be very fun in the dark.....try to make a little video if you can?
Sep 27, 2010, 11:09 PM
no gap is too 'small'
Thanks!
hopefully when something called wind goes away i might be able to get a good fly and video. need to make glowstick with parachutes now

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemer-san
hi!

what a beauty!
i love the paintjob also- nice, good looking combination of colors.
must be very fun in the dark.....try to make a little video if you can?
Sep 28, 2010, 02:45 AM
Closed Account

More Fun in the sand

Hi Guys,

Great idea for the cargo door Gbee, has plenty of potential for other applications too.
I submit two vids for your entertainment, the first will have you squirming in your seats with all the 'well dodgey' flying techniques, this is only posible due to the outstanding handling properties of the Cargo Twin, not reccomended practise, "I only did it as my truck was sick and was desperate to fly, honest Guv it's a fair cop but society's to blame, Ha!"
Look for the Black Eagle/Vulture @ 01:15 that was cruising past our compound, the thermal I joined to film him was very small and rough.

The second vid is a partial failure at Sky writing with bubbles, doesn't stand out too clearly although there were Gazillions of them. Night flying is cool with this bird, but getting a video needs a second person here.
Enjoy the FUN,

regards to all, Al

(3 min 37 sec)

(2 min 5 sec)
Sep 28, 2010, 08:54 AM
Went to mow a meadow
Like the bubbles Al, would be great for a kids party..

Frank
Sep 28, 2010, 10:14 AM
R.I.P, Aardvark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorheid
"I only did it as my truck was sick and was desperate to fly, honest Guv it's a fair cop but society's to blame, Ha!"
Right, we'll be charging them, too.

(Gotta love Monty Python!)
Sep 28, 2010, 11:10 AM
Home of "Golf Cart Flying"
Rotoheid,
Love the VW Kombi look....
Your plane is way bigger..... what is the wingspan?
Sep 28, 2010, 04:50 PM
Air Crash Expert
Neat idea on the bubbles. Just curious. . . has anyone ever tried adding some of that sea dye marker (the kind found in life rafts) to the mix ? Wonder if that would make them more visible ?
Sep 28, 2010, 09:15 PM
do u think a larger coroplast version of this plane would work?

Thanks
Sep 28, 2010, 09:26 PM
If It Aint Broke,I'll Break It
IMO, It WILL fly with enough power, but it wont float like the depron will. You will kinda lose the part that attracts people to this plane. Again, this is just MY opinion. I am definitely not an expert though.

Quick Reply